Traded Fremantle trade pick 6, future 3rd rounder, to Port for pick 11, 23, 30, 49

Remove this Banner Ad

650K for Polec is not over the top at all.

Wingard asking for a million is probably overs though. I don't see anybody paying him that.
So you agree we don't have salary cap issues.

Polec wanted out regardless to please his other half, who's waaaaaay outta his league.

You don't have evidence for that and the fact he walked to North on what would be market rates, suggests otherwise.
And you have no evidence for Ports salary cap.

Just baseless assumptions to suit.

Polec wanted to move, Port weren't in his plans.

You don't have evidence for that and the fact he walked to North on what would be market rates, suggests otherwise.
Why you bother about what other club do , your club don't gain or lose anything in this trade.

We have such a great cap position and everyone is jealous we bring in so many free agents.

Sure, we have no depth now... But we don't have cap issues.
Legit every year since we brought in Ryder we've supposedly had "cap problems" yet we bring in big names continuously. Love how Essendon doesn't have cap issues yet they did the same thing last year, and they can bring in Shiel.

Why you bother about what other club do , your club don't gain or lose anything in this trade.
Why are you here? To tell me not to discuss footy on a football message board?

Legit every year since we brought in Ryder we've supposedly had "cap problems" yet we bring in big names continuously. Love how Essendon doesn't have cap issues yet they did the same thing last year, and they can bring in Shiel.
Motlop, Watts, Rockliffe count as big names now? Lmao. Aside from Ryder, most of your recent aquisitions are mediocre at best. Oh well at least you "won the trade period" right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fridge asked what i was referring to, i responded.

And i guess if it's not cap space, Wingard, Polec, Pittard, Hombsch and Amon must be looking to leave for other reasons.
Yeah Amon and Hombsch it's this thing called opotunity, Pitard was asked to leave, Wingard who knows and Polec got sulky because we were focoused on Wines first.

Fridge asked what i was referring to, i responded.

And i guess if it's not cap space, Wingard, Polec, Pittard, Hombsch and Amon must be looking to leave for other reasons.
Hombsch unfortunately has been passed by our young defenders.

Amon and Neade are rubbish and would otherwise be playing SANFL.

Wingard, who knows.

Why are you here? To tell me not to discuss footy on a football message board?

Motlop, Watts, Rockliffe count as big names now? Lmao. Aside from Ryder, most of your recent aquisitions are mediocre at best. Oh well at least you "won the trade period" right?
Wow, what a shame, thought you were one of the better Crows on big footy. Dixon and Ryder are pretty good oh you better believe Rockliff was a big name. Didn't meantion Motlop once did I? No I never. Didn't want him or Watts. Hmm why does players always want out of your club? And it's always the good players at least with Port their mostly asked to leave.

Wow, what a shame, thought you were one of the better Crows on big footy. Dixon and Ryder are pretty good oh you better believe Rockliff was a big name. Didn't meantion Motlop once did I? No I never. Didn't want him or Watts. Hmm why does players always want out of your club? And it's always the good players at least with Port their mostly asked to leave.
I don't care what you think of me. I just call it how I see it. This is why you won't see me criticising something like the Lycett trade because it makes total sense to me. If I think a trade is good, I give credit where it's due. Port's trades last year were absolutely shithouse though. (Dixon is rubbish btw. I just forgot to add him to my list of failed trades)

Adelaide, a team known for it's shitty player retention, has less players leaving this year than Port btw. Let that sink in.

I don't care what you think of me. I just call it how I see it. This is why you won't see me criticising something like the Lycett trade because it makes total sense to me. If I think a trade is good, I give credit where it's due. Port's trades last year were absolutely shithouse though. (Dixon is rubbish btw. I just forgot to add him to my list of failed trades)

Adelaide, a team known for it's shitty player retention, has less players leaving this year than Port btw. Let that sink in.
No your saying BS that isn't true. "Port has cap troubles" yeah right and Essendon? Nah they're fine. Love how we had "Whitehouse" trades yet we only traded for Watts. Suppose we have less cap then everyone. Dixon rubbish? Yeah sure your bias isn't out now is it? Typical Crows flog.

Like I said Crows always lose GOOD players we rarely lose good players this year is a first in ages.

No your saying BS that isn't true. "Port has cap troubles" yeah right and Essendon? Nah they're fine. Love how we had "Whitehouse" trades yet we only traded for Watts. Suppose we have less cap then everyone. Dixon rubbish? Yeah sure your bias isn't out now is it? Typical Crows flog.

Like I said Crows always lose GOOD players we rarely lose good players this year is a first in ages.
I only suggested cap pressure based on Polec walking for 650K and Port baulking at Wingard's demands. Nobody actually knows what Port's salary cap looks like except their list managers.

Dixon is a beast who gives 100% but he simply doesn't kick enough goals. At the end of 2017 he looked like he had really turned the corner but he faded badly in 2018. Copping that nasty injury at the end of the season probably doesn't help matters either.

I only suggested cap pressure based on Polec walking for 650K and Port baulking at Wingard's demands. Nobody actually knows what Port's salary cap looks like except their list managers.

Dixon is a beast who gives 100% but he simply doesn't kick enough goals. At the end of 2017 he looked like he had really turned the corner but he faded badly in 2018. Copping that nasty injury at the end of the season probably doesn't help matters either.
When we start paying players like Wingard what they want that's when teams get cap pressure, can't go around demanding $1mio a year and not live up to the cash.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you on Dixon, though that's our whole team no one kicks enough goals and it's a game plan issue. Rucking in '18 never helped, that was bad planning of our ruck depth. In a way I'm half guys like Pitard and Polec are gone it forces Ken to change up the game plan. Only have to watch one of Ports games to see how awful our forward structure is.

When we start paying players like Wingard what they want that's when teams get cap pressure, can't go around demanding $1mio a year and not live up to the cash.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you on Dixon, though that's our whole team no one kicks enough goals and it's a game plan issue. Rucking in '18 never helped, that was bad planning of our ruck depth. In a way I'm half guys like Pitard and Polec are gone it forces Ken to change up the game plan. Only have to watch one of Ports games to see how awful our forward structure is.
We agree on Wingard. I wouldn't pay him a million per year either. 2014 Wingard maybe.

A lot of people saying Port lose this trade but I think it may be a win/win.

Reason being is everything you hear about this draft is it drops off after about 8. Port got up to 6. Freo gets the picks they want for possibly Hogan and Lobb (if Neale goes).

Good trading imo.

A lot of people saying Port lose this trade but I think it may be a win/win.

Reason being is everything you hear about this draft is it drops off after about 8. Port got up to 6. Freo gets the picks they want for possibly Hogan and Lobb (if Neale goes).

Good trading imo.

I don't buy into the 'drops off after 5 or 10 or whenever' stuff because I don't watch the U/18s and take notes like the majority of posters seem to...

But there are a couple of very highly rated SA kids in the draft and both SA clubs want to get into the pointy end to try and grab them.

Freo on the other hand have no obvious target and have a couple of potential trades in the works. Pick 6 is great, but you can't give half of it to GWS and the other half to Melbourne.

11 and 23 puts them in the mix for Lobb, depending on GWS' asking price and what comes back the other way.

If Neale goes then 11 + 5 puts them in the mix for Hogan. They can trade next year's 1st also, but only if they get a 3rd round pick back to meet the criteria.

Plus they are down 3 senior players from the list and who wants to go to the draft with pick 70 or whatever it is as your 2nd pick?

Good trading.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back