Traded Fremantle trade pick 6, future 3rd rounder, to Port for pick 11, 23, 30, 49

Remove this Banner Ad

When we start paying players like Wingard what they want that's when teams get cap pressure, can't go around demanding $1mio a year and not live up to the cash.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you on Dixon, though that's our whole team no one kicks enough goals and it's a game plan issue. Rucking in '18 never helped, that was bad planning of our ruck depth. In a way I'm half guys like Pitard and Polec are gone it forces Ken to change up the game plan. Only have to watch one of Ports games to see how awful our forward structure is.
Wouldnt put Dixons lack of goals down to game plan. He gets enough opportunity bit cant kick straight

I don't buy into the 'drops off after 5 or 10 or whenever' stuff because I don't watch the U/18s and take notes like the majority of posters seem to...

But there are a couple of very highly rated SA kids in the draft and both SA clubs want to get into the pointy end to try and grab them.

Freo on the other hand have no obvious target and have a couple of potential trades in the works. Pick 6 is great, but you can't give half of it to GWS and the other half to Melbourne.

11 and 23 puts them in the mix for Lobb, depending on GWS' asking price and what comes back the other way.

If Neale goes then 11 + 5 puts them in the mix for Hogan. They can trade next year's 1st also, but only if they get a 3rd round pick back to meet the criteria.

Plus they are down 3 senior players from the list and who wants to go to the draft with pick 70 or whatever it is as your 2nd pick?

Good trading.
Lobb is worth about 23. I rate him as a slightly better version of Jesse White. I think Gws want him gone so they would do that.

Hogan is 5 and 11.

They lose Neale who wants out but get Hogan and Lobb and some decent picks.

As long as they have midfield depth, they come out better.

Wouldnt put Dixons lack of goals down to game plan. He gets enough opportunity bit cant kick straight
Good point, why would the game plan that forces Dixon to travel from forward to defence then sprint to full forward (mainly because that's where the ball is) and kick straight not be a problem? could kick a lot more at the suns with less games by being a stay at home forward.

Good point, why would the game plan that forces Dixon to travel from forward to defence then sprint to full forward (mainly because that's where the ball is) and kick straight not be a problem? could kick a lot more at the suns with less games by being a stay at home forward.
Sounds like a fitness issue then. Just about all afl teams have their FF pushing into defence then sprint back forward with posession. Watch JK.

Adelaide, a team known for it's shitty player retention, has less players leaving this year than Port btw. Let that sink in.
So the Crows are hanging on to deadwood on their list? Also throwing long term deals to a 28 year old that just missed most of the year due to injury.

Congrats I guess.

Don't think Gold Coast will give up both picks 2 & 3 when they can play hard ball and hold onto one.

In reality instead of Port trading Wingard for either pick 7 or 15 and then trading 3 picks for 2 & 3 it'll more likely be picks 6 & 10 for pick 3 with Gold Coast holding onto pick 2.

That way Gold Coast could have picks 2, 6 & 10.
I agree - Suns could do that as it probably gives them a good chance to get Rozee plus the extra pick.

Guarantees Rankine to Port.

Suns could probably throw back a future 3rd rd pick for Port's father sons.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree - Suns could do that as it probably gives them a good chance to get Rozee plus the extra pick.

Guarantees Rankine to Port.

Suns could probably throw back a future 3rd rd pick for Port's father sons.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

That is absurdly bad for port

Would essentially be
Polec, 10,22,30,45,46

For pick 3+ a 3rd rounder ? * no

So, picks 4 and 39 for 6 and 10...?

Nah

It’s very likely we can get rankine at 6 unless crows trade into 5,

But whatever happens we can get a gun prospect

I actually love all the 6 top prospects

Rozee is probably the worst outcome in that I think he will be a gun but might take some time before he will be ready to Star week in week out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread make me happy because it make Brisbane and GC swap a bit low weight .

Seems a long time ago, but;

If 2019 Pick cancels out #49, effectively Power took Rozee over;
  • #11 Caldwell or Hately or Clark or Sturt (all players I rate pretty close to Rozee, Sturt the closest like for like)
  • #23 Hill
  • #30 Valente
It's an interesting game, the off-season.

Caldwell wasn’t available at our pick 10, so certainly wasn’t available at the pick 11 we traded to freo...

Caldwell wasn’t available at our pick 10, so certainly wasn’t available at the pick 11 we traded to freo...
Yes I just had a simplistic look at the pick for player list, not particularly noting the effect of trades and bids.

I think Rozee is terrific. But I'm not overwhelmed with confidence that he is in another echelon that justifies the price paid. Was he Port's target? Did it pan out as they had hoped it would?

I am a bit stunned at the price commanded for some of the higher picks this draft, and then again at what Carlton did.

They’re not happy missing out on Butters though
Doubt it. A real waste of time trading down then moaning about missing out on someone. Fremantle would be very happy with trade and draft results.

Butters looks terrific, and while Sturt is less certain to succeed is exactly what we need.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back