Past #4: Shaun Higgins - Higgo traded to Geelong for 2020 #30 - 2x Syds/108 NM gms/96 NM gls - thx Higgo

A huge congratulations to Higgo!

He's been an outstanding addition to NMFC both as a player and as a person.

I'm really looking forward to seeing him when he's not copping the heavy tag so much. The incoming players next year should spread that load, hopefully he'll really get off the chain!

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
I'd still rate him as our most complete and damaging midfielder, even with the likely additions. I'd also expect him to spend a fair bit more time forward of the ball, though not as much as his first couple of years here.

He showed a number of times this year he is very difficult to tag though. The only side that kept him under 20 did so by knocking him out.

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
I'd still rate him as our most complete and damaging midfielder, even with the likely additions. I'd also expect him to spend a fair bit more time forward of the ball, though not as much as his first couple of years here.

He showed a number of times this year he is very difficult to tag though. The only side that kept him under 20 did so by knocking him out.
What I love about Higgo is that he's not someone who goes into his shell or mentally disintegrates under a tag. He genuinely gives back as good as he gets. Haha he can actually even be a bit snide at times and often plays right on the precipice of earning fines/suspension.

It's a tantalising prospect though to consider him and Gaff (and hopefully later Kelly) in the same side. * they would do some damage and you can't clamp down on both of them. Do that and then hopefully Polec and Froggy get off the chain.

*. I'm almost salivating. Can the season start next week?

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
509119BD-DF9F-4828-A1C3-41A8B0934C01.jpeg

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Garner looks like he's shed some weight.

That jumped out at me too mate.

Perhaps they're rejigging his rig for a different role or method of overcoming his injury issues.

Back