List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

The pontificating that goes on from some on this forum is hard to read. There are only a handful of ITK's and they are actually employed by St Kilda. There are plenty of TTK's (Think They Know's) and PTK's (Pretend They Know's) in here who respond to innocent forum questions with bombastic statements and chest beating. Congratulations to all those who covet 'likes' and 'milestone posts'. It means nothing and actually dilutes your credibility, not increases it. The whole "I have told this forum many times" like you are some sort of oracle who has a hotline to Lethlean's inner thoughts, is an embarrassing response and stifles real conversation. If you have a partner, give them some of your attention. If you don't, find a hobby away from the keyboard.
We should make you a moderator on this forum. "No opinions or conjecture for you , you or you" !
Not saying you are totally wrong , but this might not be the place for you. Try the Saintsational forum.

That's not really a thing. More picks magically come into existence to fill however many list spots a club has. It's also possible to run one or two short, the spots saved transfer to the rookie list.
Yes, very true. As I just said to plugger, Marshall would just get pushed back to those later picks in the silly rounds anyway and we’d draft with 78.

If I were Swans I wouldn't accept 39. Future 2nd has been the talk so far so Probably anything in that 18-35 range would be okay I feel.

It will be interesting once the trade period has ended next Wednesday to have a look at which spots are left so we can have a go at predicting how many kids we'll pick up in the draft.

Seriously though as a collective the coaching changes we've made are super exciting and I'm really eager to see how that goes next year. New rules will help players like McCartin who is a one-on-one animal, and if Hanners is fit and Kent plays well we could really push up the ladder.
I’m comfortable with the list. Weller the only one I wanted to turn over but if he’s the worst player on the list, so be it.

Like you say, we don’t lose many from our current squad, slightly top up and overhaul the coaches like we have, things might start to improve. Much clearer picture Wednesday at 8:30pm... the interesting thing this year is that from that point onward until Nov 19, picks (only) can continue to be traded.

I’m comfortable with the list. Weller the only one I wanted to turn over but if he’s the worst player on the list, so be it.

Like you say, we don’t lose many from our current squad, slightly top up and overhaul the coaches like we have, things might start to improve. Much clearer picture Wednesday at 8:30pm... the interesting thing this year is that from that point onward until Nov 19, picks (only) can continue to be traded.
I'd be happy with us going to draft with picks 4, a pick in the 20's and a pick in the 30's. That's all. Rest will be rookie elevations or passes anyway.

Few players left still to sign up like Longer, Weller and Lonie. I feel Longer & Lonie will get done soon. Not sure about Weller. Interesting times ahead!

The pontificating that goes on from some on this forum is hard to read. There are only a handful of ITK's and they are actually employed by St Kilda. There are plenty of TTK's (Think They Know's) and PTK's (Pretend They Know's) in here who respond to innocent forum questions with bombastic statements and chest beating. Congratulations to all those who covet 'likes' and 'milestone posts'. It means nothing and actually dilutes your credibility, not increases it. The whole "I have told this forum many times" like you are some sort of oracle who has a hotline to Lethlean's inner thoughts, is an embarrassing response and stifles real conversation. If you have a partner, give them some of your attention. If you don't, find a hobby away from the keyboard.

As a self-confessed NITK ( not in the know) I do, nevertheless, have to own up to the occasional pontification, so I guess I will have to consider my knuckles well and truly rapped.

Ricky Pontiff likes this post.

All we need now is for the Doc to photoshop the Pope in a saints jumper and our night will be complete.

Talking about Pontiffs....whatever happened to the Pope guy in our cheer squad?
He was great.

Last edited:
We should make you a moderator on this forum. "No opinions or conjecture for you , you or you" !
Not saying you are totally wrong , but this might not be the place for you. Try the Saintsational forum.
Thanks for your suggestion. Uncomfortable much?? The whole point of what I am saying is to promote opinion and conjecture, not moderate it. My comment is directed at those who shoot innocent discussion down with belittling responses such as yours.

I'd be happy with us going to draft with picks 4, a pick in the 20's and a pick in the 30's. That's all. Rest will be rookie elevations or passes anyway.

Few players left still to sign up like Longer, Weller and Lonie. I feel Longer & Lonie will get done soon. Not sure about Weller. Interesting times ahead!
Yep still a chance he gets delisted, depending on what comes in.

I'm ITK (In The Kombi)

2la54zm.jpg

39 for Preuss

4 and 2019 first round for 6, 10 and Wingard

Take King at 6 cause he’ll still be there

Do it Lethers, do it for the family.

Geary Austin Roberton
Webster Carlisle Coffield
Hannebery Ross Billings
Wingard Bruce Membrey
Gresham King Kent
Preuss Steele Steven

Lonie Sinclair Clark Acres

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This creeps me out for some reason.
I agree! It's most def spooky and may well
be the inner workings of George's mind!

The Doc also freaked me out earlier tonight
and yet George mysteriously references him in that nightmare!
For some reason the Doc appears to have a hard on for an Octapus! :openmouth:
Strange and Cryptic times indeed....:think:

2012 was great all over

traded out 12, 13, 36, 55, 45, 46, cripps

In: Lee, Hickey, Wright, White, Murdoch, Saunders, Pierce, Dennis-Lane, Dunell upgraded, Roberton,

Peirce hanging on by his teeth, Roberton the only salvage if his heart stays good.

:thumbsu::footy::rainbow:
Wow! That is Damning looking back! Pelchen really was a useless piece of s**t who is still desperately trying to stay relevant by living off the glory of drafting Buddy and Roughy who were obvious choices anyway.. wonder why he doesn’t have a job in the AFL anymore?

Cheers... I’ve had that many ongoing discussions with friends and fans about trades and draft etc that I forgot we sat with everything so I pulled out our list changes and indicitave draft order.

What I’ve written is pretty basic and there’s still lots that could happen involving Dunstan, Bruce, Lonie, Pick 4, future picks, Etc.. and we may not even go for Amon.

My biggest question is that if we do future second Hanners and don’t get a pick back, I believe we’ll be a list spot short. Would need to either pick up a FA, DFA or trade a player for a pick and a player or two picks.

Honestly though, reckon if we do a future second for Hanners we should get something back as that second likely to be 23-26ish... 39 for him seems fair but again, compromises this years draft hand. Might need to then trade future second for 2018 second... 4 may get split. Lots in play.
Really like Max King because he is a Saints supporter - but would take Walsh or Rankine if was there instead- wouldn't split our pick in this draft - would only use our pick on a Kelly type

FoxFooty is about to show all our wins this year if anyones awake to record em!

they're showing them again in the morning so all good if yas miss it this time

so hypothetically ... if pick 4 and 39 gets traded for pick 8,10 and 50 and we trade next years second and 50 for hannas you would spew ??

It’s trading out of the good picks so has the right to spew as much as he wants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back