2019 fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

mikey127

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So time to think about the fixture for 2019. Other than the obvious omg minimum 6 games in Melbourne what would you like to see? Hopefully we get Easter Thursday back.

I would love Gold Coast, St Kilda and Carlton twice as it should mean 6 wins there.

For a bit of fin thought we could have draw preictiction comp.

Who will be the 5 teams we play twice
Who will we play round 1?
Guess the 5 teams we play twice?

My wishlist
  • Home game Round 1
  • Easter Thursday night vs Pies at Gabba
  • A Friday night game whether at Gabba or otherwise
  • More twighlight saturday games at Gabba
  • Home games vs big Vic teams
  • Game vs Freo at gabba early in the season
  • 2 games vs Gold Coast
  • Double ups against beatable teams
  • No consecutive interstate trips

My predictions
Play twice. GC, St Kilda, Carlton, Hawks, Roos

Round 1 Port @ Adeliade oval

FTA games 3

Want/wish-

1) Easter Thursday v Collingwood at the Gabba.
2) Play the Dockers, Blues + the Suns are a given twice.
3) 6 games in Melbourne including at least 2 at the MCG v big clubs eg. Pies, Dons, Tigers.
4) As many home Saturday twilight or night games as possible.
5) As many big teams come to the Gabba as possible, it would be fantastic if our home games were- Suns, Magpies, Tigers, Bombers, Demons, Hawks, Swans, Eagles, Dockers, Blues, Crows.

Want/wish-

1) Easter Thursday v Collingwood at the Gabba.
2) Play the Dockers, Blues + the Suns are a given twice.
3) 6 games in Melbourne including at least 2 at the MCG v big clubs eg. Pies, Dons, Tigers.
4) As many home Saturday twilight or night games as possible.
5) As many big teams come to the Gabba as possible, it would be fantastic if our home games were- Suns, Magpies, Tigers, Bombers, Demons, Hawks, Swans, Eagles, Dockers, Blues, Crows.
Crows very likely. Apparently they request to play us at the Gabba for corporate reasons.

Dodongo wouldn't mind Freo twice too.
I think we can almost be assured of that given the AFL tends to find a way for two teams to play each other twice on the back of a high profile trade.

Six games in Melbourne (not including Geelong) is what most Melbourne based fans expect, you know, given the merger agreement and all.

Given they way easter and and anzac day fall easter thursday v pies at home follwed by a friday night game either home or in melbourne

oval

FTA games 3
3 be nice although seeing we play exciting footy even when we loose :) I think channel 7 might give us 5 well hoping
the one FTA game in Melb I missed half of as out :( rest I watched on iphone as no foxtel

you say a couple of sat night games..
Although the blues will get there 4-5 prime time games again to be smashed in :)

Six games in Melbourne (not including Geelong) is what most Melbourne based fans expect, you know, given the merger agreement and all.
our hawks game is our extra against a vic team.. just now in tassie like a few years ago saints in NZ
Any truth to the rumour why its always us in Tassie, that the Hawks deal with Tassie was for vic teams. As we where still in Vic at the time we where one named?why its always us?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it wrong that I want Collingwood home and away?

I know they're ahead of us, but I want any and every opportunity to rub their faces in the dirt or mud.

Gold Coast and Hawthorn twice, then I don't have any other preferences. Maybe, possibly Sydney twice. And Carlton to see where they and we are at.

Yes it would be nice to get a softer open to the season.

- Suns, Freo and Blues in first five weeks

I would hope the club focus on pushing AFL to schedule home games aimed to build up fortress Gabbattoir

- Easter Thu or a Friday night blockbuster
- mostly Sat twilight games
- Sunday afternoon games through July-Aug vs the Melb teams to maximize climate advantage

44185985_1984221861871100_7225621114980925440_n.jpg

Leaked?

I dare say we'll be matched against Collingwood, Fremantle, Carlton or St Kilda, Gold Coast and one other top eight side twice this year.

Easter Thursday match against Collingwood for the Gabba confirmed during the 7 news sports report tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back