Traded Braydon Preuss [traded with #62 to Melbourne for Tyson]

Remove this Banner Ad

We knocked back a straight swap.

You want Preuss and you have to salary dump with Tyson to pay him.

We'll take him off your hands and give you Preuss & 54 for pick 33, because we aren't targeting Tyson, we want Finlayson.
Strange by Preuss yes but like I said Melbourne need another ruck in case Gawn goes down.

Yeah i agree, in no way is it strange by Melbourne, If we can get a quality big man to agree to come and be a back up then that's an ideal situation!
it is strange that Preuss has decided to come to Melbourne unless we have told him he will get X amount of games or something? i have no idea.

Such an odd move by North. Kinda strange by Preuss too, given that he would get more opportunity there than at Melbourne, but who knows what the rationale is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another thread in which Snake_Baker embarrasses himself. When will North supporters learn not to be so over confident at the trade table?

They've been taken to the cleaners again.

This trade baffles me as I don't understand why Melbourne went after Preuss, or why Pruess would agree to go to Melbourne since Preuss has gone from being behind Goldstein and not getting a game because of it to now behind Gawn, probably not getting a game because of it. Surely he would have picked a club that is struggling ruck wise, not pick a club with an even better ruckman than the ruckman he was already behind.

Weird trade for both teams. Preuss is ready to go as a first ruck, but will be well behind Gawn unless they’re planning on playing both.

Surely North could have picked Tyson up for a late pick.

This trade baffles me as I don't understand why Melbourne went after Preuss
It's easy to see why this happened - Melbourne had no Plan B if Gawn went down.

What is strange though is

1. Preuss agreeing to it (unless Melbourne wanted to play 2 rucks)
2. North wanting Tyson (he's probably better than their non-Cunnington/Higgins inside mids [and the latter probably plays more outside/up forward as he ages] but it's still an area where they have decent depth)

a9a66967-0d44-4b0b-adf4-78f795028ade_800.jpg

Dom apparently over the moon with this deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back