Traded Will Setterfield [traded to Carlton with #71 for #43 & future 2nd round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Setterfield ACL was a collision injury, basically just unlucky.

I worry more about ACL injuries where a player, untouched, twists and does a knee (like Lever).

If Setterfield has some luck, this will be a great get by the Blues. We rated him number 1 in the 2016 draft.

You realise which thread this is?
He's from Albury-Wodonga. He grew up far closer to Melbourne than Sydney, supported Essendon and played for the Sandringham Dragons. He said before he was drafted that he'd happily get picked up by a VIC club.

The academys are supposed to take local kids, not riverena TAC cup kids. It's unsurprising thst they're losing some.

I wanted to get MM and Setterfield with our 2nd rd picks and the picks from the concessions for being crap. We unfortunately had to pay an extra 2nd rd selection from 2019 but we got our two targets and we still hold our 1st rd selections. I'm pretty happy overall!!!

Interesting one. Giants probably got more than they expected, but I think he'll more like Hoskin-Elliott than O'Rourke. Think Carlton end up winning the trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good deal for the blues although I feel the Giants got what he is worth and interested in it is just a 2 year contract or they added a year for him?
Maybe better to wait until later next year when he has played some footy

Deal Done.

From Carlton perspective i'm very happy.

43 + Carltons future 2nd

For

Settlefield + 71
giphy.gif

Hey guys, I just noticed something really funny.

Have you guys noticed that Carlton has traded in like LOTS of GWS players, more than every other team that has pillaged the Giants' list since they came into the competition?

Like OMG HOW FUNNY!

I think people should mention it again and again, and it will NEVER get old!

OMGLOL GWS BLUES OMG!!!!LOL!!!!!!1111

Hey guys, I just noticed something really funny.

Have you guys noticed that Carlton has traded in like LOTS of GWS players, more than every other team that has pillaged the Giants' list since they came into the competition?

Essendon is catching up with GWS players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back