Damian Barrett

Remove this Banner Ad

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I usually don't mind him as much as others do, but he shitted me last week when he pretty much refused to discuss the story about him and Eddie. He dishes the dirt his whole life about everyone else, then as soon as something about him comes out, he loses his voice and turns into Baghdad Bob. "Nothing to see here. It was nothing. It was just a conversation, not an argument."

Fair enough, I suppose he could say that people wanna know about footy participants instead of journos, but it was a juicy story about a stoush :D

Last edited:

Mar 20, 2002
Mosman Village
AFL Club
Carlton
Have to wonder if something will come of this :

If
your headquarters are on the fringes of the Melbourne CBD ...

then
we have no idea why you'd feel the need to fly Shiel to Noosa for your pitch. Old-fashioned Carlton arrogance. (Which we like and have recently missed, by the way!). Wonder if Bruce Mathieson even tried the old-fashioned brown paper bag.

He then repeated the dose :

If
we're the Hawks and we're pitching for Shiel against Carlton, St Kilda and Essendon ...

then
we don't need to charter a flight to Noosa. All we're selling is this: we've got Clarko and Sam Mitchell. And our medical and fitness staff is proven to be world's best practice, and with your shoulders, you need us. And no brown paper bags.

If it was a funny dig no-one would care but it's not which makes it very shabby journalism from him.

Dixie Normous

Premiership Player
May 13, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
image.jpg

What an absolute campaigner. Shows how easy stupid rumours can be spread around during silly season. Glad he had to come out and apologise and say there was no facts behind his rumours, just what he thought Beams would want

Private Hudson

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What an absolute campaigner. Shows how easy stupid rumours can be spread around during silly season. Glad he had to come out and apologise and say there was no facts behind his rumours, just what he thought Beams would want

Has this happened ? Been trying to find it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
The thing that irritates me most about this ******** is how he’ll continue to bang on about something. He could be totally wrong and he’ll continue to disagree and talk as though he’s the expert. You can literally hear the disdain in the voices of some of his coworkers when he starts going about the same old story or arguing with someone over something he’s clearly wrong about.

Last week on the trade show on channel 9 perfectly showed this. Kane Cornes of all people said Carlton look like having a good trade period if all the deals that looked likely went through. Barrett responds with some dribble saying “yeah but they won two games this year blah blah”. Cornes rightfully pointed out that that’s irrelevant to what he was saying and Barrett like usual refuses to back down and starts cutting up rough. Same thing happened with Adelaide’s camp saga this year. Banged on about it all ******* season. Yes it was newsworthy for a while but at every opportunity this weasel would bring it up and try to piss off someone like Riccuito.

Him and Caro must have gone to the same school of journalism. At least Caro is right more often than not and acts professionally. This ******* seems to get off on knowing that coaches like Beveridge want to punch his lights out. Bloke is making a living out of negativity. Ripping into coaches, players and whoever else on a weekly basis, throwing out gossip intended to cause friction and create drama.

Bloke also banged on all year about Carlton and Gold Coast being a lock to get end of first round priority picks and they didn’t.

I can just picture this bloke being one of those blokes in your family or that you know that everyone hates being around. Complete and utter tool.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Does anyone know why Damo has some sort of axe to grind with the Brisbane Lions? Some of his comments throughout the year have just been childish and petty. This week it was:

If: we've been critical ...

then: we don't back away. But we get it. You do appear set to launch into something OK. Well done – despite ladder position finishes of 15th, 17th, 17th, 18th and 15th, your world is seen to be aglow.
He says this sort of s**t with all clubs. Did the same thing with Carlton. Yeah you’ve done a good thing recently but you’re still last. Thanks Damo you *******, like we didn’t know already.

I genuinely think this bloke has no actual idea about football.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
The thing that irritates me most about this ******** is how he’ll continue to bang on about something. He could be totally wrong and he’ll continue to disagree and talk as though he’s the expert. You can literally hear the disdain in the voices of some of his coworkers when he starts going about the same old story or arguing with someone over something he’s clearly wrong about.

Last week on the trade show on channel 9 perfectly showed this. Kane Cornes of all people said Carlton look like having a good trade period if all the deals that looked likely went through. Barrett responds with some dribble saying “yeah but they won two games this year blah blah”. Cornes rightfully pointed out that that’s irrelevant to what he was saying and Barrett like usual refuses to back down and starts cutting up rough. Same thing happened with Adelaide’s camp saga this year. Banged on about it all ******* season. Yes it was newsworthy for a while but at every opportunity this weasel would bring it up and try to piss off someone like Riccuito.

Him and Caro must have gone to the same school of journalism. At least Caro is right more often than not and acts professionally. This ******* seems to get off on knowing that coaches like Beveridge want to punch his lights out. Bloke is making a living out of negativity. Ripping into coaches, players and whoever else on a weekly basis, throwing out gossip intended to cause friction and create drama.

Bloke also banged on all year about Carlton and Gold Coast being a lock to get end of first round priority picks and they didn’t.

I can just picture this bloke being one of those blokes in your family or that you know that everyone hates being around. Complete and utter tool.

He just hates the bottom clubs. Bagged out Melbourne 2012-2014 and now has moved onto the Blues, Suns and Lions. The one thing that doesn't change is how much he hates the Dogs.

TigerTime_89

4x Jack Dyer Medalist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melb Storm, Liverpool, S Thunder
He just hates the bottom clubs. Bagged out Melbourne 2012-2014 and now has moved onto the Blues, Suns and Lions. The one thing that doesn't change is how much he hates the Dogs.
Why is that?
I've never known why?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back