Recommitted Tom Langdon [re-signed]

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Not sure if he can even have number 8 yet! We have to keep Tippett on the books until next year because of his bloody medical payout!

I reckon he will be off our player list, but his payout may have taken us over the cap slightly which means we need to come under by that amount in 2019.

The Pied Piper

Senior List
Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I would take a pick in the 20s for Langdon in a heartbeat.
He is a great intercept mark but he gets plenty of practise because every time he kicks it, it either comes back or goes over his head for a score.
I’ve been trying to locate that exact stat for Langdon - self-generated intercepts. Does Champion data have that stat ? Like for scoring involvements but for intercepts. It could be 30% of his rebounds.

BPikkers

Cancelled
Oct 14, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Surely you're not referring to the cap, we could've fit in Lynch/May (1 mil), let's say Moore got another 200k in his contract, but then we also lost Fasolo (250k-300k), we also haven't even delisted anyone yet and I'm expecting many players to not be offered a new contract.

If anything it just means we will be more strict with what we take for Langdon. We will try use Langdon + Pick 18 + all our later picks to bring in Beams+Quaynor
And FS Kelly

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
This deal doesn't look like getting done until one of two things happen; May chooses to sign with Collingwood and thus allowing for Langdon to go rather cheaply or rather the more likely scenario of the Saints trading a satisfactory pick/s the Swans way for Hannebery to which we would then pass on to Pies. Either way, Steven May is ruining this trade period with his farcical non-decision up to this point. #justpickonealready

I think he is waiting on the Hogan decision

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Tom Browne reporting a 4 x $600k deal offered by the Swans. If true, we’ll take a 2019 1st thanks. You don’t offer that kind of contract to players that aren’t worth at least a pick in the teens.

$600,000 is good money, but it is not the great money it once was. The average AFL player is on about $400,000 a year.

In saying that I do want Langdon as he would replace Mills in defence and allow Mills to play as a midfielder.

Tom Browne reporting a 4 x $600k deal offered by the Swans. If true, we’ll take a 2019 1st thanks. You don’t offer that kind of contract to players that aren’t worth at least a pick in the teens.

I wonder what the pull to Freo is to play with his brother. He appears to love the Collingwood football club and players have and do play for unders.

If it was clear cut, you think he would have selected the Swans already. We usually deal easily (Give Unders) with clubs and have a good trading history with Collingwood.

Bored_Pie

Club Legend
Jan 8, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
600k a year?

Yeah we'll chuck a 3rd rounder with him and we'll take SYDs 2019 First Rounder thanks.

Done deal. Hooroo.

Back