List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually I think the more important point is that dominating juniors clearly often doesn't translate to AFL especially for tall players.

Patton, Boyd, Schache, heck even Billy Longer looked like superstars when they were juniors.

Give me Rankin, the bust rate on him is zero IMO.

Riewoldt (x2), Kennedy, Buddy, Lynch, Hipwood, Hogan, Roughead, Cameron

Toumpas, Tambling, O’Rourke, Trengove, Ah Chee, Pickett

There’s busts for all positions. Good players are good, bad players are bad. :moustache:

Pick best available ffs. No cuteness. I’m happy with any of Walsh, M King, Rankine or Lukosious - in that order.

Can someone explain to me how Hawthorn get Scully for a pick in the 50s? I'm just really confused right now.
Happy to be corrected usually when a physical is failed the deal falls through as it means the player just ain't right to play therefore has no value, think Kreuser a couple of years ago, some would say the Hawks taking a risk at any price

Bombers knew late, after everything was done.
The only person that knew was Carlisle’s manager, who kept it under his hat until things were signed off.
His manager should have been deregistered

They may also block Lachie Neale’s desire to move to Brisbane.

In one draft they have cheesed off Melbourne, Brisbane and Gold Coast. Not to mention a few players and their agents..

They seem to have this determination to win every trade by under paying or being over compensated.

Not a good strategy going forward. Clubs will look to avoid trading with them or involving them in deals if this keeps happening. Player agents (like Tim Kelly’s) won’t be thrilled with them either.
Bell off to an awesome start to his list management career :rolleyes::poo::poo::poo::thumbsdown:

You realize, Gringo, how scary that statement sounds to me ? If you're right then we are farked before we start next year.

Like everyone else I'm sick to death with the Hickey v Longer debate. But the reality is that Hickey has just been picked up by the premiership team and Longer, despite not having a contract, has attracted sweet F. all interest from anyone.

So what do we do ? Hang onto the spud and make him first ruck.

I'm sure hanging out for some late trade news in that area.
He's still young enough to improve but running out of time. I really hope we don't trade a ruck in. No one available is a massive up grade.

Buckets is the most important player at our club, both onfield and off. A Saint of the highest order.

This. Very happy to have him.
From the outside he appears to have matured and grown as a leader. I’d have him in our leadership group next season.

SOS saying they've received some attractive interest for pick 1. Anyone know if we are one of the approaches???

Riewoldt (x2), Kennedy, Buddy, Lynch, Hipwood, Hogan, Roughead, Cameron

Toumpas, Tambling, O’Rourke, Trengove, Ah Chee, Pickett

There’s busts for all positions. Good players are good, bad players are bad. :moustache:

Pick best available ffs. No cuteness. I’m happy with any of Walsh, M King, Rankine or Lukosious - in that order.
I think you know very well the higher chances of bust rates for talls in the top end.

Cute would be taking a player that we rehabbed who has knee reco when our midfield is an absolute mess.

Also this…

41cc5c06f5fffe7c54d44a3e742db4d2

with this Scully to Hawthorn business its almost like the AFL is becoming the NBA where you have a couple of Stacked teams all fighting for the championships while the also rans just hang about nipping at the scraps that fall ...
it does bring you to question the competitive mentality of a player to choose to take the easy path to the bigger team to chase that success over and over again .. i mean sure you stack hawthorn they will most likely win a flag but it would be possible to stack on St Kilda and win a flag that is going to have a much deeper meaning being the second flag ever over getting the 17th flag for hawthorn...
seems to me the easy option to walk to a successful club and be a number rather than be the differance at a smaller club...

They are a bit confused about what to do about FA and equalisation. Clubs need some power back. Make the AFLPA weaken the FA by threatening to sell players to what ever club wants them and it snaps back a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be a fair effort to crack the current eagles forward line at the moment

How old is Josh Kennedy ? He has been around for ages . Maybe the Eagles would like a replacement for the long run.

Go Saints

I don't think we are finished yet, however this is how I see so far.

* 2018 we played well below our means, I see natural improvement in just this factor
* Layde + Ratts = more improvement
* New Tech + Hawks stats guy more improvement
* Bringing Hanners and Kent in improves us
* Left field thinking bringing in Billy Slater for culture + tackling, another tick
* Pick 4 will be a beauty whoever we choose.

So I can see us going up a bit next year & being more competitive for longer in games.
I like what has happened this year in the off season, considering how we were left in such a terrible hand to use as trade & drafting,
so far so good with Lethers & the team. If we can get Hanners body right it could be the steal of the trading period.

Feeling good about our efforts so far. What's next? Maybe a few players out? Maybe so low ball money picks or split pick 4?
Who knows. Great start anyway to the off season.

Truly great post. :thumbsu:
We may have missed out on the big names we have chased in the last couple of seasons, Kelly, Gaff, Shiel, but if Hannebery plays anywhere near his best, we will win games and a lot of them.
Then we will not only see other teams but other future FA’s sit up and take notice.
Definitely gives me that winning feeling.

Diabetes is manageable.

I still have random instances of crying for no reason, no real energy and wanting the world to bugger off 17 years after the fact, so yeah, choose the diabetic for the sporting instance who just needs a shot or a gummy bear.

Depression never goes away . It’s always there in your head. You are always one bad moment from getting it back .

Go Saints

I think you know very well the higher chances of bust rates for talls in the top end.

Cute would be taking a player that we rehabbed who has knee reco when our midfield is an absolute mess.

Also this…

41cc5c06f5fffe7c54d44a3e742db4d2

Bust proof draftees are generally the ball winning contested beasts. Outside players would have a similar strike rate to talls.

As I said, happy to take Rankine but I won’t be crying if we take Max King instead.

If Scully is moving for pick 53 as has been reported you'd have to assume he is carrying a serious injury, which means he's really not suited to us in my opinion.
Has to be, surely.. we would be offering next years first in that case. Which has to be more attractive to Gws and probably twice his salary they’re offering.. it just doesn’t make sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back