Traded Steven May [traded with Kade Kolodjashnij to Melbourne for pick 6]

Remove this Banner Ad

No I'm saying don't trade a top 10 pick for him.

I don't care if we miss out on him, if we get two first round picks for Hogan (if he goes) then I'd rather keep them than get May.
We should be aiming for a flag next year. Our key defence is a point of weakness for us. You don't die wondering in situations like these

We should be aiming for a flag next year. Our key defence is a point of weakness for us. You don't die wondering in situations like these

We'll get Lever back and after the St Kilda game our defense actually became one of the better defenses statistically, we can win a flag without May and I'd rather not overpay to get him.

We'll get Lever back and after the St Kilda game our defense actually became one of the better defenses statistically, we can win a flag without May and I'd rather not overpay to get him.

agreed why would we offer more than pick 11 knowing were a chance to get him next year for nothing.

May will cost pick 5. GCS hold the whip hand. Why would they let him go for less when they probably get band 1 compensation in 2019 which is most likely a pick anywhere from 2-6?

It’d be s**t business by Melbourne to virtually commit to a player but then ask him to hold off for a year so we could ‘win’ trade week.

Melbourne could try it on with pick 11 only but it would be an ambit claim. GCS might ask for more than pick 5 but I think 5 for May is ultimately a fair deal.

From a Melbourne p.o.v losing Hogan and gaining May + a first rounder would be a pretty good return.

May will cost pick 5. GCS hold the whip hand. Why would they let him go for less when they probably get band 1 compensation in 2019 which is most likely a pick anywhere from 2-6?

It’d be s**t business by Melbourne to virtually commit to a player but then ask him to hold off for a year so we could ‘win’ trade week.

Melbourne could try it on with pick 11 only but it would be an ambit claim. GCS might ask for more than pick 5 but I think 5 for May is ultimately a fair deal.

From a Melbourne p.o.v losing Hogan and gaining May + a first rounder would be a pretty good return.

The fact Gold Coast can keep some much needed experienced talent for an extra year and still potentially get Pick 2 if May walks at the end of 2019 makes me think the deal will need to be heavily in Gold Coast's favour. Melbourne also risk May walking to Collingwood in 2019 if they don't sort out something this year.

Hogan for May isn't fair on paper, but the circumstances around May's compensation makes it realistic in my opinion.

Freo OUT: Pick 11, 2019 1st round pick Freo IN: Hogan
Melbourne OUT: Hogan Melbourne IN: May
Gold Coast OUT: May Gold Coast IN: Pick 11, Freo's 2019 1st round pick

The Lobb & Neale deals could all be sorted externally to this.

Dal Santo thinks May is worth MORE than pick 5.

Ive got to turn this **** off. Not healthy listening to such dribble.

He is next year via FA, it’s just the preferred club doesn’t have to cough it up.

But is it worth the risk waiting 12-months and other clubs swooping in? ;)

If Langdon does leave, it's very important for us to put Howe back into his AA squad role that is our intercepting player off half-back. It was either Langdon/Howe for intercepting player/KPD this year, and although this is good since Howe is our preferred player in that role, we need a KPD to stabalize down back even more now.

So,

Would Pick 18 + 2019 1st round pick + Josh Thomas for Steven May + Pick 29 + Pick 59 + get it done?

Langdon pick (20-29), pick 29, pick 51, pick 56, pick 57 and pick 59 should be about right for both Quaynor and Kelly

If Langdon does leave, it's very important for us to put Howe back into his AA squad role that is our intercepting player off half-back. It was either Langdon/Howe for intercepting player/KPD this year, and although this is good since Howe is our preferred player in that role, we need a KPD to stabalize down back even more now.

So,

Would Pick 18 + 2019 1st round pick + Josh Thomas for Steven May + Pick 29 + Pick 59 + get it done?

Langdon pick (20-29), pick 29, pick 51, pick 56, pick 57 and pick 59 should be about right for both Quaynor and Kelly
I would rather keep Josh Thomas and Tom Langdon than get May tbh. Langdon for May or JT for May would be somewhat acceptable though, but not both.

Why don't we just give gold coast our 1st pick this year and next years as well (future 1st) for May and be done with it?

I would rather keep Josh Thomas and Tom Langdon than get May tbh. Langdon for May or JT for May would be somewhat acceptable though, but not both.

Why don't we just give gold coast our 1st pick this year and next years as well (future 1st) for May and be done with it?
I worry a little that without pick 18, we may not have enough points for both Quaynor (top 15 bid?) and Kelly (top 25 bid?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact Gold Coast can keep some much needed experienced talent for an extra year and still potentially get Pick 2 if May walks at the end of 2019 makes me think the deal will need to be heavily in Gold Coast's favour. Melbourne also risk May walking to Collingwood in 2019 if they don't sort out something this year.

Hogan for May isn't fair on paper, but the circumstances around May's compensation makes it realistic in my opinion.

F*** that, Gold Coast make out like bandits and Melbourne get anal tearing from being reamed dry.

F*** that, Gold Coast make out like bandits and Melbourne get anal tearing from being reamed dry.

How much importance does Melbourne place on May towards it's premiership aspirations?

You can always walk away from the trade if you want to, but May could just go to Collingwood next year instead and Hogan might still pursue a move back to Perth at the end of 2019.

Gold Coast hold all the cards in any potential 2018 May deal. What benefit is there for them to release him this year unless they receive absolute overs for him? You're literally trying to convince them to give up an extra year with their captain and Pick 2.

How much importance does Melbourne place on May towards it's premiership aspirations?

You can always walk away from the trade if you want to, but May could just go to Collingwood next year instead and Hogan might still pursue a move back to Perth at the end of 2019.

Gold Coast hold all the cards in any potential 2018 May deal. What benefit is there for them to release him this year unless they receive absolute overs for him?

I put none, I don't even want him.

He's not worth pick 5 or pick 11 let alone pick 11 and a future first from Freo.

May can f*** off to Collingwood.

I hope this Hogan news means May to pies.

I know we will have to give up a fair bit.

I put none, I don't even want him.

He's not worth pick 5 or pick 11 let alone pick 11 and a future first from Freo.

May can f*** off to Collingwood.

Yeah fair enough, I don't think he is worth the trouble either for the record.

Wonder what the club is thinking.

We'd need a 2019 3rd round pick coming back to us otherwise we can't trade our 2019 1st

Remove this Banner Ad

Back