List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey KM,

Why on earth is Scully going for such a late pick? Surely the Pies should be in there. We are crying out for a player like him. Wells out and Scully in. Why aren’t clubs lining up for him?
Because his ankle is stuffed. Absolutely cooked. He'll pass a medical, but it won't hold up.

Come on Pedro we’re Collingwood supporters it doesn’t work like that......but I may have thought that way when........

View attachment 573077
Yeah nothing beats that. But I do remembeer when Brown kicked that goal in the prelim, myself and my two girls just looked at each othewr and nobody said a word. We all just had that grin on our face which said it all. I reckon its something I'll never forget.

Hey KM,

Why on earth is Scully going for such a late pick? Surely the Pies should be in there. We are crying out for a player like him. Wells out and Scully in. Why aren’t clubs lining up for him?

Ankle. It's in a bad way.

He's worth a second round pick still, but with the ankle questionmark, you can't reasonably offer a first at his age/stage. If he gets it right. We all know how great he is. He's one of the competition's elite endurance runners and accumulators. An absolute professional and meticulous in everything he does.

Talk of a possible third round pick I look at as crazy.

He'll be a bargain.

I'd keep Wells. But I'd add Scully and Hall in a heartbeat to Wells/Phillips/Sidebottom.

The game is going in the direction of running and becoming more open. Those guys with that game style change who are already undervalued commodities can have even greater impacts all as rotating wing/half-forwards.

You would think we at least ask Scully the question. The trade value of it alone reported value anyway would make him more attractive then beams

At that price. I'd take Scully over Beams.

Brisbane NEED Beams. They need that leadership. Hodge has helped give he and Zorko the tools. They need those two to help the continued growth of that list. They can't give Beams up cheap - if they're smart.

I’m not upset about Roughead. I’m not rapt about him.

If it’s not costing much I’m completely fine with it. Might really thrive in our side and adds desperately needed defensive depth. Hell, given our injury situation, he’s probably playing Round 1.
Sure it was said in jest by you SE, but FWIW Lynden Dunn told me today at the Holden Centre as he ran around that he will be right for Rd 1. Unequivocal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep we need these albatross contracts around GWS’ necks and not ours. They just offloaded Lobb, Setterfield, Shiel and soon likely Scully. Soon they’ll be able to retain their talented players... and then where will we use as a farm system for us?

As an aside / talking point: what would the AFL head-honchos think about GWS’s future given the loss of Lobb, Setterfield, Shiel and likely Scully.

Like Hall, Lynch and maybe May - it doesn’t bode well for either club now - these seem to be holding zones - before players get to where they’d want to play. I think it’s a serious problem for the expansion of the competition.

Trade Period Update, Day 5 of 10:

After a busy day 4 of doing absolutely nothing and yet somehow sky-rocketing into stardom due to the unconfirmed and potentially fabricated homecoming of Dayne Beams, Ned Guy appeared to have gone back into a slumber.

However, recent rumours suggest that he has - although currently unconfirmed - somehow managed to recruit some experienced KPP depth in Roughead.

Stay tuned for a weekend filled with "team x has reportedly come to terms with team y, expect a deal to be done on Monday" and more speculation that Ned is simply not doing anything over the weekend.

But that's fine, Ned. You deserve the weekend off. It has been a hectic first week.

Oh but tell us more how Jeff Garlett is a walk up starter in our forward line with his 'elite' pressure. Pfft.

I don't use the term elite to describe Garlett. I'll use very good to describe Garlett and Champion Data's analysis of pressure acts, tackles and turnovers caused all are by position very good or better over a series of years.

And that's before the heavy scoreboard he offers by position which also is very good.

If I'm selecting a team to win today. Garlett is a best 22 player on any list in the competition.

Brisbane NEED Beams. They need that leadership. Hodge has helped give he and Zorko the tools. They need those two to help the continued growth of that list. They can't give Beams up cheap - if they're smart.
and one way or another beams will come back to the pies even if his 30 at the end of his contract

If he's going cheap his ankle is stuffed and he'll no longer be an elite runner. Without elite running, Scully is pretty meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back