List Mgmt. Draft Needs 2018 #2: Rankine / Lukosius / Rozee / Hately, I'm knocking Woodcock out the box, daily!

Predict the Adelaide board's melt level after the draft

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm I the only person who thinks we should go into the draft with what we've got and stop worrying about Lukosious and Rankine? We've got a f*cking good hand to play, and the recruitment department is first class. They've done so well with average picks that I'd actually prefer not to give them easy, no brainer picks. I think we're far better off if they have to work for it.

History shows top picks aren't anywhere near guaranteed to be AFL stars. Lukosious and Rankine are no different. I wouldn't want to see the club do anything drastic to move down the draft order, and I'm happy to keep what we've got and let the recruitment department go for it.

Possible for sure , it’s actually going to be incredible this year

Clubs all rate these kids differently and so that sort of tactic is something worth exploring

Impossible to know how we rate them other than knowing we rate Lukoscious the highest which a few of us have heard privately ( but even that could be a curve ball ) ... but I doubt it , I think we do

I'd be very surprised if we don't rate Lukosius highly. It sounds like we're already wining and dining him to try and get him to come back in 2 years.

So, this is how it stands. According to the AFL points system, we have the 2nd best draft hand. I was all in for the SA lads, but now I say we just keep what we've got. In any case, if we move up to pick 5 (and lose 8), we'll probably only end up with one SA kid anyway. With the current picks we have, Hately should be there at 8 or possibly 13, and bingo, there's our one SA lad.
View attachment 573030

Melb have 32 signed and 5 picks, cant get the full lot even if they want to! Possibly not a bad salary cap strategy if you feel you have a young group coming thru that can do it. Just keep that core together now. Can do this for 2-3 seasons but then need to get some more young talent in.

At the opposite end Carlton have 3 picks (only one good one) and 39 signed.

I'm I the only person who thinks we should go into the draft with what we've got and stop worrying about Lukosious and Rankine? We've got a f*cking good hand to play, and the recruitment department is first class. They've done so well with average picks that I'd actually prefer not to give them easy, no brainer picks. I think we're far better off if they have to work for it.

History shows top picks aren't anywhere near guaranteed to be AFL stars. Lukosious and Rankine are no different. I wouldn't want to see the club do anything drastic to move down the draft order, and I'm happy to keep what we've got and let the recruitment department go for it.

I swear the only way we lose is if to get a top 5 pick we lose 3 picks, otherwise its take the 4 good picks or get say 5 plus have two other top 20 picks (3 good picks) or get say 5 and 3 (2 good picks -really good). You can't lose with any of those three combos even with the two pick scenario as we have a good list, we can survive without adding 3 or 4 young players on to it (remembering we already have mcadam and might get stengle and theyre both pretty young).

That's certainly a club that's entire population is you and hey shorty. That's not to say you'll end up being wrong, more it is just against the grain.

I'm firmly in the boat that we need to maximize what has proven to be a rare thing. Elite talent from SA. Get them in now makes them much easier to keep and makes them cheaper to keep too as they're more heavily entrenched in the club/state.

We've worked miracles with middling picks, I want to see us in action when it is easy. When it is a player oozing with talent, especially seeing the improvement Milera has had this season.

Last edited:
And Rory Sloane was a Saints supporter.....

I think I can see the trend - only draft interstate kids without the common sense to go for good clubs.

I’m honestly fine with whatever Hamish decides to do with these picks - he’s the best operator we have.

FWIW I have no interest in either King brother. I reckon players with their body shape are injury prone (as Max has sadly already shown) and they’ll be back to Victoria before we can ever draft up a contract extension for them.

I’m also very happy for Carlton to take Walsh at one - he’s solid as a rock but a number of players in this draft will be better than him.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's certainly a club that's entire population is you and hey shorty. That's not to say you'll end up being wrong, more it is just against the grain.

I'm firmly in the boat that we need to maximize what has proven to be a rare thing. Elite talent from SA. Get them in now makes them much easier to keep and makes them cheaper to keep too as they're more heavily entrenched in the club/state.

We've worked miracles with middling picks, I want to see us in action when it is easy. When it is a player oozing with talent, especially seeing the improvement Milera has had this season.
Nah. I think I’m that boat too. If the club choose to trade further up the draft then I’m fine with that too, given their very good record in the draft recently. But 8,13,16 and 21 is a mighty fine hand to have. Add McAdam and Stengle and we’ll have 6 highly rated young guys added to our list. That’s pretty exciting.

Not necessarily, I'm all for trading up to get one, not both though.

Rankine and Rozee would be insane in our team.

All four of them would be in 2-3 years. One of the best development clubs in the game with kids oozing with talent. It's a match made in heaven should they manage to avoid being crippled by injuries.

Ranko is the best in this draft. The advantage Luko has at his age group is his tank. Poor mark overhead and not a contested player. Also not a quick turn of pace .... Lynch type footballer or the Goraffe from Port Adelaide
I agree !

I just keep picturing Rankine in Crows colours turning it on and exciting the crowd with freakish Betts like moves. He would look fantastic in Crows jumper.

I would still like to have 3 picks in this draft inside 25 but Rankine first up would be exceptional. Even if we stay with current selections I still think we are in great position. With the track record that our club has in recruiting and player development, this draft could set us up for years to come.

If we keep 4 picks I would not be surprised if we pick a tall with one of the picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back