List Mgmt. 2018 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a bit of time today on my hands and after the Hogan thing happened I decided to have a read of the Brisbane Board especially their Lachie Neale and their Suns Down the road Thread.

There are a number of Brisbane Fans that refer to us as THE SCUMS.

Do you still want to help them out? I don’t.
I am same with you , they do enjoy GC gave up pick 2 for Weller and Laugh but when is their turn they can't accept it.

I want to do trades that benefit us.

More worried about improving our team than screwing others.

If we can get completely one sided trades then great, all for it, but it doesn’t usually end up that way particulalry early on.

Time will tell with a lot of these trades whether one particular team ‘wins’ them or not.

Btw has any noticed that pretty much every player that has left a club this trade period (Hannebery, McGovern, Hickey, etc) has thanked their previous club. Even O’Meara, Saad and Prestia did. However big Tom Lynch has posted nothing on his Instagram, even his girlfriend has. Makes me hate him even more

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

we kinda forced o'meara to post something from memory, after he left with barely a word.
very disppointed in lynch not saying a peep from basically when he announced he would be leaving back before the season ended. to think he was our captain, doesn't show a whole lot of class or stature when the bloke can't even acknowledge the club that developed him as a player.

Why people want May Go , pick 7 not going to perform to May level for a long time , even pick 5 look just an ok deal .

I agree, but you put in trades including May all the time haha

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Of course I do , I finally realised that after Hogan Deal collapse how important players like Neale and May to their currrent club . I think May is like Gibbs going to give 100% even if a deal cannot be done.

* I am only human can get addicted to Top 10 draft pick conversation . Is hard sometime that I am not allow to talk about mature age players , trade and Draft in this thread .

Last edited:
Why people want May Go , pick 7 not going to perform to May level for a long time , even pick 5 look just an ok deal .

May wont be around for our premiership

a. He wants out
B. If he did stay we’d still never take home the silverware with him on our list, we are a few years away

Put time and effort into a young kid

a. He wants out
B. If he did stay we’d still never take home the silverware with him on our list

The way we are going, none of us will be around either

a. He wants out
B. If he did stay we’d still never take home the silverware with him on our list, we are a few years away

Me myself included get too caught up with this year Top 5 or Top 10 pick and forget what is best for the team .

Probably a silly question but if May left next year as an unrestricted free agent, would his compo depend on whether we get any free agents ourselves?
Read that we will work on a trade for Horlin Smith as picking him up as a FA agent might have diluted the Lynch compo. Bit confused by it all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably a silly question but if May left next year as an unrestricted free agent, would his compo depend on whether we get any free agents ourselves?
Read that we will work on a trade for Horlin Smith as picking him up as a FA agent might have diluted the Lynch compo. Bit confused by it all.
Yes , that is why sometime club rather trade junk pick 70+ to club than getting them through FA or wait until pre season Draft.

Last edited:
Who is the third mature Age players GC going to take ?

And Pies now signing Jordan Roughead as a back up defender.

And Dees now don’t have trade currency or cap space.

May’s options to leave all dried up?

I am same with you , they do enjoy GC gave up pick 2 for Weller and Laugh but when is their turn they can't accept it.
Maybe Witherden wasn't the best example... I don't follow any other teams or players, and I can't stand Beams, Zorko or Robinson. Is there a Bris gun player we can steal so that they get Neale and it works in our favour too?
I'm new to this 'making up trades' gig

Put time into a top 3 pick from next year's draft

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah exactly-In our predicament waiting a year for another top end player is nothing.
We need to eat well, exercise and have low stress jobs because our time to shine is going to take a while.

Maybe Witherden wasn't the best example... I don't follow any other teams or players, and I can't stand Beams, Zorko or Robinson. Is there a Bris gun player we can steal so that they get Neale and it works in our favour too?
I'm new to this 'making up trades' gig
The only thing I can think of is draft Jarrod Berry Brother Tom Berry . Pick 29 is a bit over but he can visit his brother .

I wonder why GC haven't talked to Marcus Adam. Requested to be trade to Brisbane .

SUMMARY

O’Halloran still remains a first-round contender. His leadership qualities alone make him a more attractive option than other midfielders in the draft. His competitive nature, clearance work and contested ball-winning ability will definitely be a handy addition to a midfield lacking in those areas. He is the type of player that his teammates and coaches will look to when it comes to finding motivation and inspiration in difficult situations. He has the potential to become a 200 game player and captain of a professional football club in the future. He will continue to build on some of the improvements he could make to his game, but in terms of consistency across a game filled with plenty of weapons, he is one that will not last too long on AFL club draft boards.

Wouldn't be opposed to Pick 2 + Scrim being offered for Pick 1. Even if we had to throw in a late second.

thinking about it logically, Carlton will not draft Lukosius with Curnow, McKay, McGovern, Weitering, Plowman, Casboult and Jones on their list, so it would certainly look more likely that they take Rankine.
If we move up to pick 1, we would effectively be getting Sam Walsh at 1 and Lukosius at pick 3. Can then take O'Halloran at 19 and whoever we rate at pick 25 or 29 and that pretty much fills our list requirements for 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back