News Oh wow, oh heavy, heavy, heavy - Lachie Neale trade thread (5, 19 & 55 for Neale & 30)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why people are so keen on trading pick 5 IF Neale falls through this year....would much rather keep and take one of the top players that pretty much every reputable source has said are substantially better than the rest of the draft.

I'm sure the communication lines are well and truly open between us Lachie and his manager.

1- We would know exactly what Lachie has been saying to Bell/Rosich and how strong his language was re his willingness to stay at the Dockers.
2- We would have told Lachie and his manager the ball park draft selections we are willing to part with for him.
3- We would know if he would play another season at the Dockers and then still be agreeable to a FA move to us.

Not sure why people are so keen on trading pick 5 IF Neale falls through this year....would much rather keep and take one of the top players that pretty much every reputable source has said are substantially better than the rest of the draft.

Imagine another kid the caliber of raynor.

Omg he better be right cause this kind of get on board and destroy what exists immediately will be a disaster if Tink’s wrong. Off siding people, wrecking relationships, making people with contracts feel vulnerable. Tink could keep us entertained for a year or two.

He came in like a wrecking baaaaalllllll......

giphy.gif

We all would be, but we'll be fine. I feel sorry for Lachie though. Can't see how he can go back and play for a year after this circus. A year out of footy would be tough.

Well, he’ll have a ringside seat and get a lot of what not to do stories to entertain our boys with in 12 months time.

It could be time to go back to that neglected 2018 Draft Thread. Trade 5 and next years 1st for the Crows 8, 13 & 16 and hit the draft hard for one more year.
Then concentrate on the free agents market next year ie. Lachie Neale and Stephen Coniglio.
Now who do we take with 8, 13 & 16? :D:cool:
Well there was never anything wrong with plan A in the first place :)

Remember when we split a pick and ended up with McCluggage and Berry?

Omg he better be right cause this kind of get on board and destroy what exists immediately will be a disaster if Tink’s wrong. Off siding people, wrecking relationships, making people with contracts feel vulnerable. Tink could keep us entertained for a year or two.

"Bell's Buffoonery"

A mix of not going players likely to request trades home, key forwards we don’t need and rating certain players differently to other clubs might mean we can draft the player we want at pick 5 with a pick later in the first round and improve our overall drafting position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol. You only get one Alan Bond in your lifetime & we've had ours. Not saying we screwed anyone over, but boy, the stars did align for us.

Hehe, I don’t think it will be a total random rolling of the dice if we decide to do another pick swap though.

I think it will be based on Noble and Conole taking a deep, educated look at that first round, seeing who they like and where they expect them to go.

If they think they can get two players they really, really like who are a good fit for us, they should go for it.

If they rate the top 5 as far above the test as some others do, they wouldn’t be looking at splitting the pick.

Hehe, I don’t think it will be a total random rolling of the dice if we decide to do another pick swap though.

I think it will be based on Noble and Conole taking a deep, educated look at that first round, seeing who they like and where they expect them to go.

If they think they can get two players they really, really like who are a good fit for us, they should go for it.

If they rate the top 5 as far above the test as some others do, they wouldn’t be looking at splitting the pick.

Absolutely agree whatever we do won't be a random guess. I'm with you, have a lot of faith with the team at the helm right now. Have seen nothing over the last couple of years that has been less than impressive. Just saying that the year we managed to snag the player we would've taken at 1 if we had the pick & the pick to get Berry, we had some very good fortune. I'll take it again, but I'm not expecting it.

The draft order will change throughout the night as clubs matching bids will move up to the selection where the bid was placed. Splitting will put us in a good position to make other clubs ( Freo) 'pay' for highly rated players as multiple picks can be used to accrue enough points, which will also affect the draft order on the night.. The selections that clubs start the night with will not be the same as those they will have made at the end of the draft

Geez that main board thread is a complete cesspool of idiotic repeated positions on each side. Seriously do the lions fans posting over there think that Freo owe us anything in these negotiations. Are they not just doing the same sort of thing many have bleated about wanting our club to do in trades in the last for players leaving us?

On the other hand I do think Freo could have handled this better from a public perception POV. Despite what fans say players and managers do take note of how clubs treat players both coming and leaving, and when decisions have to be made in the future, how these things are perceived can come back to bite you, whether they are accurate or not.

As for Neale, in the FA era has there been a case of a club holding a player who wants out to his contract. I'm struggling to think of one. Culture within a footy club can be a hard thing to get right and you can't help but wonder what affect having a player in your club who is bitter at the club and doesn't want to be there has on the group. They can be the best professional, but it only takes some frustration to come out in conversations away from the football club to start other players questioning how the club would treat them in an adverse situation.

Personally I don't see too much wrong in freos actual position but I do think how they've handled it message and timing wise is a bit misguided looking for forward

Geez that main board thread is a complete cesspool of idiotic repeated positions on each side. Seriously do the lions fans posting over there think that Freo owe us anything in these negotiations. Are they not just doing the same sort of thing many have bleated about wanting our club to do in trades in the last for players leaving us?

On the other hand I do think Freo could have handled this better from a public perception POV. Despite what fans say players and managers do take note of how clubs treat players both coming and leaving, and when decisions have to be made in the future, how these things are perceived can come back to bite you, whether they are accurate or not.

As for Neale, in the FA era has there been a case of a club holding a player who wants out to his contract. I'm struggling to think of one. Culture within a footy club can be a hard thing to get right and you can't help but wonder what affect having a player in your club who is bitter at the club and doesn't want to be there has on the group. They can be the best professional, but it only takes some frustration to come out in conversations away from the football club to start other players questioning how the club would treat them in an adverse situation.

Personally I don't see too much wrong in freos actual position but I do think how they've handled it message and timing wise is a bit misguided looking for forward

See I never want our club to act with such histrionics and I’m glad we have a more mature approach. It’s obviously easier now as we aren’t losing draftees immediately but it’s pretty amateur unprofessional stuff.

Having said all of that the way Freo are acting is also incredibly funny so all power to them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back