List Mgmt. 2018 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would of usually thought so...

But the last few days.......

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I'm willing to believe Scully might be on the way out, given that's popped up elsewhere, but the figures listed make no sense so given they haven't popped up elsewhere I suspect that Tony's contribution.

So disappointing that not a single one of the departing players are actually out of contract. What a sham. Poor form from the boys requesting to leave and also list management for accepting peanuts and not playing hardball for anyone. Bit of a circus.

Ahhhhmmm well thanks guys :)

In all seriousness, we’re totally bewildered over our end.. pick 53 to! Insanity

So disappointing that not a single one of the departing players are actually out of contract. What a sham. Poor form from the boys requesting to leave and also list management for accepting peanuts and not playing hardball for anyone. Bit of a circus.
The only player we've traded is Setterfield and a future second from the Blues and change is a pretty good price considering he's in rehab I thought.

There are multiple confirmations being tweeted about Scully to different ckubs, clearly at least some are bullshit.

Maybe just be a bit patient and see what actually happens in my view.

I get that we were going all in this year, but surely we wouldn't have planned on just going "all in" for a year or two, giving out a large number of unsustainable contracts and then have an exodus. Was our plan to win a premiership then let these premiership players walk?

Don't assume the players are the ones driving this. I don't have any inside word but it's a weird coincidence that it's almost a who's who of this year's injury list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must keeps;
Davis Hopper Cogs Greene Whitfield Ward Taranto Taylor Cameron Haynes Tomlinsons Kelly Himmelberg Williams Corr Kennedy
The nucleus of the premiership team.
Add Bonar Mumford and 2019 picks with Lids and Shaw MDB

Great 22

Looking at those names my criticism is that it’s very one paced. Whitfield, Williams, Kennedy, Corr(closing speed) the only guys with speed. Little Daniels and Langdon are nippy.

We really need to address this in this draft. It’s all good and well to get the ball but you need speed to move it and break lines.

Losing Shiel and Scully just made a slow team look pedestrian.

If the media are right and Pattons salary is around the 700 mark surely he would have been first cab off the rank to whoever could fit that in, give him to Freo or North
I would also expect the club to get a better pick for Scully than what is being reported and I would want to have 3 first rounders this year to replace the talent out the door
Surprised nothing has been said by the club today and now the weekend we may have to wait until monday which will suck as i want to know what they have to say for themselves

If the media are right and Pattons salary is around the 700 mark surely he would have been first cab off the rank to whoever could fit that in, give him to Freo or North
I would also expect the club to get a better pick for Scully than what is being reported and I would want to have 3 first rounders this year to replace the talent out the door
Surprised nothing has been said by the club today and now the weekend we may have to wait until monday which will suck as i want to know what they have to say for themselves

Would be good if Dave Matthews went on trade radio and provided some clarity. I think supporters would appreciate that.

With Patton we might have to do a deal where we paid half his salary next year and a small percentage the year after. Clubs like St Kilda and North would have money to spend and take a chance.

He’s been a great clubman so it would be sad to see him go...

I believe we can easily fit in Patton and his 700k, imagine we would have over 1.5 mil available with Lynch/May money + Langdon leaving and Fasolo leaving via FA. Will also have alot of delistees: Blair, Smith, Oxley etc

What would you want for him? More than happy to take on the salary completely.

With the club trading out players so 2019 is a reset year why are they picking up Mumford who realistically will only play 10 +/- games and then in 2020 him and Simpson are gone I think they would be better picking up another developing ruck (From Freo in the Lobb deal) or Ceglar/Campbell (Dogs) and having Simpson/Flynn/Player x option next year and then in 2020 Flynn/Player x/Briggs
And also what is the point in keeping Deledio as 2019 will be his last year, trade him instead of Scully as Deledio will end up in Melbourne after his contract anyway

I believe we can easily fit in Patton and his 700k, imagine we would have over 1.5 mil available with Lynch/May money + Langdon leaving and Fasolo leaving via FA. Will also have alot of delistees: Blair, Smith, Oxley etc

What would you want for him? More than happy to take on the salary completely.

I think a 3rd round pick would do either this or next year, the contract is 2019/20 so a lot of cap space for one player who is an injury away from retirement

I think a 3rd round pick would do either this or next year, the contract is 2019/20 so a lot of cap space for one player who is an injury away from retirement
Done deal! We will give you one better, you can have our 2nd round pick next year :)

How many years would that be btw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back