Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm surprised Patton's still on their list.

I thought he was the logical salary dump.

Big slow guy, ACL gone - I reckon his best days are behind him.

I am amazed GWS didn't try and roll him into the Shiel deal to Carlton.
probably want to give him another crack with the new rule changes. Power forwards mat come back in vogue.

Worth remembering that our two best young players came with picks 12 and 13. Walsh will be very good for us, but 3 picks in the top 15 in a strong draft is tempting (just assuming we could get this ransom).
I don't think the draft is that strong personally. Super strong top 10, but after that it's a pretty bog standard draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just listened to SOS on trade radio today he’s had a couple of reasonable verbal offers for Pick 1.

Sounds like it’s only a pick trade though as the decision could be made up until draft day.

How ****ed must the Giants TPP be if they are giving Scully away for a pick in the 50s (reportedly) after already offloading the salaries of Shiel, Lobb and Setterfield. Of course we are the only club that they actually request fair reimbursement from trade wise. :rolleyes:

Watch the AFL grant them some kind of dispensation in 2019 allowing them to re-sign Kelly and Coniglio.

Just listened to SOS on trade radio today he’s had a couple of reasonable verbal offers for Pick 1.

Sounds like it’s only a pick trade though as the decision could be made up until draft day.

After listening to that there seems to be still quite a bit at play. The Fasolo comment was interesting too.

His brother is built the same way, played a granny with internal bleeding and broken ribs, and then took the intercept mark that led to Collingwood losing a granny :’)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
This is why this guy reminds me of the Buzz. A few of us went to Training pre a big game once and got ourselves in the rooms. There were some serious specimens in there. The buzz came in looking like he ate half a pig and polished off 2 kegs. Had the love handles going, flabby stomach and no definition. But boy the guy could play!

And we won 2 games for the year, senior players filling out our top 10 is no surprise given the up down nature of our kids performance. As soon as that changes we will be on the rise.

Jenkins is a senior player as well and on big money so you’d hope that he would poll well.

Hi Guys,
First time poster, long time reader.
You know McGovern cost us 2 x 2nd Rounders which we got from Gibbs trade + McAdam (free).....plus we added Ad future 3rd....SOS is good!
Therefore Gibbs now = O'Brien, Kennedy, De Koning, McGovern + Ad 2019 3rd.
Gibbs!....the gift that keeps giving!
Well excluding the McAdam component, the end wash up for us is actually:

Gibbs, Richards, Taylor, Wooller, #21, #26, #28, #40

Versus

McGovern, LOB, Kennedy, De Koning, Schumacher

Time will tell, but those four picks this year aren't insignificant.

How many days left in the trade period ? ...
For us it is weeks because at moment the only thing we look to or could be trading is picks and that does not stop just because player swapping finishes in a week. We can also trade on draft night. If Gold Coast come to us at start of draft and say we will give you pick 2 , 3, 19 plus future second rounder for pick 1 and our 2019 first rounder, we say, what took you so long ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back