Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jenkins is a senior player as well and on big money so you’d hope that he would poll well.
My point was that he doesn't impact contests he hangs out the back for the grandma goals and if that type of player is finishing 3rd in your bnf you don't have enough players willing to put the effort in to win a flag.

WTF...despite salary and injury issues surely scully gets more than 53...

Unless his injury is really bad, but if it was hawks wouldnt chase him.

I don't get it. We have salary cap space...for a paltry third rounder he'd absolutely be worth it.

I'm still scatching my head on this one...

St Kilda receives Dan Hannebery and a second-round draft selection (No.28 overall at time of trade)
From Sydney Swans

Sydney receives a second-round draft selection (No.39 at time of trade) and a future second-round draft selection

Can someone please explain to me how Hannaberry has fallen so low - even with his injuries we could have gotten him for Cripps fodder - and what drugs Sydney are on to let him go THAT cheaply, its almost as though the paid St Kilda to take him...

Couldn't be happier with the trade period so far especially getting Setterfield.

Think we'll be far better off in the long run missing out on Shiel.

And even if you could argue that we payed slightly overs on any of the trades, just remember.. A few years ago we traded pick 11 for Brock McLean.

Well excluding the McAdam component, the end wash up for us is actually:

Gibbs, Richards, Taylor, Wooller, #21, #26, #28, #40

Versus

McGovern, LOB, Kennedy, De Koning, Schumacher

Time will tell, but those four picks this year aren't insignificant.

Sorry but that effectively double counts your cost inputs when really capital such as 2017 #16 (which you’ve listed as Richards) is effectively a throughput.

You can only include elements we had at the commencement of trading as resources expended.

Trading Gibbs, a 2018 2nd, 2019 5th rounder and make-upey assistance has netted:

LOB, Kennedy, McGovern and 2019 3rd rounder.

Pretty decent.

How ****** must the Giants TPP be if they are giving Scully away for a pick in the 50s (reportedly) after already offloading the salaries of Shiel, Lobb and Setterfield. Of course we are the only club that they actually request fair reimbursement from trade wise. :rolleyes:

Watch the AFL grant them some kind of dispensation in 2019 allowing them to re-sign Kelly and Coniglio.

Seriously, if he goes for a pick in the 50’s I’ll be a bit pissed off to be honest we didn’t have a look.

That’s a steal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back