Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do know a little of what's going on through some close connections within the club. I can tell you, Bevo has urged Sammy to use pick 7 to bring in experience talent. He is not keen on taking another kid this year for the age profile he is after. They have offered 7 and next years first round to GWS for Josh Kelly, but GWS don't want to even talk about Josh after the loss of star players. They have also tried to get Jack Martin (another player that won't be traded this off-season). I haven't heard anything else, but I am confident we will trade pick 7 for an established player. Let's see what happens by Wednesday.
If this is the case the question is who would want pick 7 the most and what player can they offer us for it. Adelaide maybe even though it won’t get them higher than Port but could still get Rozee maybe if they can’t get a deal with GC. Don’t think Hogan will be playing anywhere but Melbourne next year If Dockers are out of race. It was just he wanted back to WA not that he was unhappy with Demons from everything I’ve heard.

I know alot of people hate toby Greene but whens his contract expire?

Off the field I heard his a really nice dude

I just got of the phone with a little snippet about Libba, looks like his main reason for not entertaining a late Essendon approach is the chance to play with his brother.
Good. As the old saying goes, blood's thicker than peptides.

I'm just hoping that Tom is the "dud" brother.

If it's Ollie we're in deep s**t.

All the hard work and sounding out of players and their management will be happening over the weekend away from the meetings at Wolverine Stadium.

We will hear even less over the next couple of days which will probably cause melts of the same scale as when Uncle Donald became the President of the United States.
Melt snowflakes MELT!!

Prediction for next week

3 new ins.

1 for epic collective fapping
1 for some shoulder shrugging and involuntary nodding
1 for amazing levels of criticism to be levelled at the Club that we haven't seen yet.

Outs?

Nothing that the fair minded will care about. A pick or 2 and maybe some swapping for points.

We will perform way better next year than the doomsayers would have us all believe.

Our squad is a construction site. It's not ready yet but it will start to gleam as the extra stories are added.

May may be the next cornerstone. In May, May may be the pick up we all laud as a masterstroke having not conceded a goal for the year. May the Force be with you

Hope you must have. Fear you must not

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why all the negativity? We have a very good list. We've finished lower than we should have in both 2017 and 2018 mainly because of injuries. You can't win matches regularly when 3 or 4 of your top players are unavailable. We showed what we can do at the end of the 2018 season (and even then we had some injuries).

Yes, I wanted us to get Wingard -- because he would have met an immediate need -- but when I saw the price he wanted, and what we'd be expected to pay to Port Adelaide, I began to hope we wouldn't get him. Think about what our side might be with Rylee West + 2018's Draft Pick 7 -- yes I think both will make the side from early on in 2019. Hopefully in 2019 we'll have a better run with injuries, and (like Richmond in 2017 and 2018) have at least 38 of our list available for selection for most games.

We didn't win the 2016 premiership (or the 1954 premiership, for that matter) through the power of expensive imports. Bontempelli, Macrae, JJ, Libba, Stringer, McLean, Hunter, Daniel, were all developed in our club. Other than Tom Boyd, who was the expensive import who helped us win any of those four finals matches?

I put $100 on the Dogs for the premiership in each of 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. I have never gambled (monetarily) on anything else in my life. I got 500/1 in 2015 and 21/1 in 2016. I'm well ahead, and at my age will stay well ahead for the rest of my life. I've just put $100 on the Dogs at 51/1, for the 2019 premiership. Unlike many of the self-pronouncing "expert" soothsayers, who predict doom and gloom for the 2019 Bulldogs, I think I have a good chance of bringing home the bacon next year.

I didn't like Power as a Bulldogs player, but I'm prepared to give him a fair chance with what he's doing now.

It's amazing. Gobsmacking.

We trade in Schache and Trenners and Crozier and get rid of Stringer and the melts are epic.

We do little (so far) and the melts are off the bloody charts.

Seems like the club can't win.

We need to do something (anything) and then when we do it the recruiting team will cop a flogging. :drunk:

On Wingard - Western Bulldogs List Manager, Sam Power was quoting saying: "We had interest in Chad but not at any price". However in a surprise twist after hearing that Wingard had nominated Hawthorn as his preferred destination the Western Bulldogs have responded with a huge offer reported to be in excess of $7M over 5 years and no performance clauses. Port Adelaide will also receive pick 7 and young Bailey Williams who was recruited from Glenelg in the SANFL. When questioned on the size of the offer Power responded with "After reading through a number of posts on internet forums I realised some fans would consider it a failure not to recruit Wingard so we've decided to sell the farm to make sure it happens. Sure we understand it's irresponsible, but this was serious, some fans were even reporting being bored during trade week and that is just unacceptable."

sure I read this somewhere but can't find the link...

Wants to go to a team 'close to a premiership'.

We won't get him.

It's good, because when Scully and O'Meara's careers end early due to injury, Wingard has lost interest, Mitchell is worked out, all their 30 pluses will have retired and they'll finally be up **** creek.

Won't have to wait long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back