Traded Braydon Preuss [traded with #62 to Melbourne for Tyson]

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 14, 2005
NoR
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
lakers, nufc, subi, colts
On the Sunday after the eagles beat Melbourne in the prelim there was the wafl grand final at optus stadium and it was the 1st time the public could have a kick on the ground post game since the stadium opened. Anyway a lot of the publics afternoon was ruined when they trod on the massive turd dom tyson had left on the ground the day previous. Absolute dud of the highest order

Sprout

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 6, 2010
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, The Exers
On the Sunday after the eagles beat Melbourne in the prelim there was the wafl grand final at optus stadium and it was the 1st time the public could have a kick on the ground post game since the stadium opened. Anyway a lot of the publics afternoon was ruined when they trod on the massive turd dom tyson had left on the ground the day previous. Absolute dud of the highest order
Was playing out of position. He’s not a winger’s backside. He had some pace early days but for whatever reason he’s all but lost it. That’s the whole point we’ve moved him on. He excels in the position where we can’t squeeze him in- inside mid.
Marc Murphy. Much better player than Tyson when fit which he wasn’t this year.

Anyway have no idea how Carlton has suddenly become a talking point in this thread.

Tyson is a nothing footballer.
Kidding surely.

Tyson would be Carlton’s second best mid by that far it doesn’t bear thinking about.

Face it. Murphy is finished.

PrinceCharles

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Was playing out of position. He’s not a winger’s backside. He had some pace early days but for whatever reason he’s all but lost it. That’s the whole point we’ve moved him on. He excels in the position where we can’t squeeze him in- inside mid.

Kidding surely.

Tyson would be Carlton’s second best mid by that far it doesn’t bear thinking about.

Face it. Murphy is finished.
Even injured, Murph shits all over him.
Screenshot_20181013-025123_Chrome.jpg

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Gawn has the ability to push up the ground and take a huge mark inside 50. Set shots a bit shakey but has improved in the latter end of the season. Clunked and kicked them in both finals matches.
I'd forget the third one too if I was you. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Yep. So your first live pick after TT and Scott will be lower than if you had not given the sweetener to Melb.

No biggie, but means your first live pick is right down the arse end of the draft.

Tyson for Preuss and Clarke is probably overs for North, but coach Scott obviously thought there was a deficiency with your contested mids, so did what he could to address it. He will definitely get plenty of the ball inside.
Nice to see some genuine dialogue here (with The Filth Wizard), instead of the usual digs. Well done.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Why do people keep saying this is a weird trade for Melbourne? WE NEEDED ANOTHER RUCKMAN! We have nothing if Gawn goes down and it's been stated that we will trial 2 rucks.
Yeah, I'm not expert on the Melbourne playing list, but you guys have been saying this over and over again. It makes sense to me. So, yeah, I don't know what these people are saying. I can only conclude they think that "It's a weird choice for Preuss" is the same thing as "It's a weird choice for Melbourne."
Weird trade for both teams. Preuss is ready to go as a first ruck, but will be well behind Gawn unless they’re planning on playing both.
Not weird, see below and also comments by Dees posters (eg above) re need for ruck depth.

Like this deal. Tyson was surplus in our midfield and we need ruck support.
And, in reverse, Preuss was surplus to ruck requirements and didn't want to be there, and we need midfield depth.

When will North supporters learn not to be so over confident at the trade table? They've been taken to the cleaners again.
I don't know what preposterous deals were suggested that didn't come to fruition, but this deal is "about right" to my mind, give or take.

Such an odd move by North. Kinda strange by Preuss too, given that he would get more opportunity there than at Melbourne, but who knows what the rationale is.
Midfield depth, particularly in inside mids. Contrary to popular belief, we're skinny there. (Cunnington, Jacobs, Anderson, Ahern the main ones. When Jacobs, in particular goes out, we're stuffed. People need to remember JZ is playing forward.

Dom Tyson is also getting severely underrated here, he will be best 22 at North and he'll be an excellent contributor to their midfield.
At the very least, quality depth. I think he'll have a symbiotic effect for Higgins, Jacobs, Ahern, Dumont in particular. He'll help fill Jacobs role (support around the stoppages) if he's injured. He'll allow us to use Higgins/Dumont as flexibly as we need to (they tend to be inside/outside mids) and he'll allow further time for Ahern to develop his fitness base.

Preuss stated that he wanted to learn from Gawn, geez, that's a kick in the guts to Goldy
It might be; I wouldn't have Goldie pegged as a great teacher. And, it might be about 'continuing' the learning journey versus disrespecting the previous teacher.

Fat Tony!

Team Captain
May 17, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Tyson is a B grade mid but will be a decent get for North.

I want to know from Kangas fans why Preuss hasn’t been given more of a chance? How good can he be? His best games look like a combination of Witts and Mumford.

Jul 27, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I want to know from Kangas fans why Preuss hasn’t been given more of a chance? How good can he be? His best games look like a combination of Witts and Mumford.

He got smoked early this year in the vfl by carlton’s Phillips

Trav 20

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Idiots get ignored
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Dees
Even injured, Murph shits all over him.
View attachment 573183
Unlike my Demon colleagues I think Murphy has been and still is a much better player than Tyson, but using stats in 2018 to critique Dom's game isn't worthwhile. He was made to play an outside role, which he basically can't. It's why he's been shipped on.

In 2016 and 2017 he averaged 25 disposals, but that dropped to 20 this year in his new role.

Dom's got some tricks on the inside, but his ball use can be poor (read infuriating) and he can take too long to make a decision.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
and now he's going to a better player, yeah, i get it
You don't get a thing, clearly. I wasn't getting at that. It's personal development. Sometimes you learn all you can from someone and need to move on so you don't stagnate. Working with Goldy and then Gawn...that's probably the best apprenticeship you could do for a ruckman. Arguable the two best rucks of the last 10 years (HM: Jacobs).

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

The resident "experts" stated pretty much the same thing about Higgins & Waite.

Goldstein and Daw are better.

Big Maxy looking forward to training against the big body of Preuss. I’m thinking if Hogan stays it might be hard to play both rucks. Interesting to see how the coaches go about it.
Easy.

Preuss is the Casey ruckman.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Back