Not open for further replies.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Wouldn't be opposed to Pick 2 + Scrim being offered for Pick 1. Even if we had to throw in a late second.

thinking about it logically, Carlton will not draft Lukosius with Curnow, McKay, McGovern, Weitering, Plowman, Casboult and Jones on their list, so it would certainly look more likely that they take Rankine.
If we move up to pick 1, we would effectively be getting Sam Walsh at 1 and Lukosius at pick 3. Can then take O'Halloran at 19 and whoever we rate at pick 25 or 29 and that pretty much fills our list requirements for 2019.
Carlton could smash GC next season with Crisp , Settlefield (pick 5) , Scrimshaw (GC pick 7) , Kennedy (Pick 13) , Sps (pick 6) , Fisher , pick 2 -Bailey Smith , Curnow (pick 11), mckay , Mitch , Weithering, Paddy Dow ,O Brien ,marchbank , Docherty.

Last edited:

boffo

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2006
AFL Club
Adelaide
I
Wouldn't be opposed to Pick 2 + Scrim being offered for Pick 1. Even if we had to throw in a late second.

thinking about it logically, Carlton will not draft Lukosius with Curnow, McKay, McGovern, Weitering, Plowman, Casboult and Jones on their list, so it would certainly look more likely that they take Rankine.
If we move up to pick 1, we would effectively be getting Sam Walsh at 1 and Lukosius at pick 3. Can then take O'Halloran at 19 and whoever we rate at pick 25 or 29 and that pretty much fills our list requirements for 2019.

All reports are saying Carlton want Walsh.

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I

All reports are saying Carlton want Walsh.
Oh for sure, but that’s where I’m hoping pick 2 (Rankine or Smith) + Scrimshaw + whoever they get at 25 is better than Walsh on his own. Happy either way really I just really like Walsh’s attitude to being drafted to a Queensland based team. That plus he looks like Josh Kelly MK2

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Oh for sure, but that’s where I’m hoping pick 2 (Rankine or Smith) + Scrimshaw + whoever they get at 25 is better than Walsh on his own. Happy either way really I just really like Walsh’s attitude to being drafted to a Queensland based team. That plus he looks like Josh Kelly MK2
I don't get you at all , is it Walsh that good that you willing to gave up Scrimshaw for nearly nothing based on potential and attitude .

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I don't get you at all , is it Walsh that good that you willing to gave up Scrimshaw for nearly nothing based on potential and attitude .
If he’s trying to get out, or we’re pushing him out it’s a deal I would do. Having seen walsh play though I do genuinely think he’ll be an elite mid at AFL level

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Just posting for curiosity sake.

I reckon we need to have an unofficial board ban on indulging that lunatics fever dream tweets by posting them or even awknowledging them on here.

I personally would rather a Carolina Reaper enema...

I had a bit of time today on my hands and after the Hogan thing happened I decided to have a read of the Brisbane Board especially their Lachie Neale and their Suns Down the road Thread.

There are a number of Brisbane Fans that refer to us as THE SCUMS.

Do you still want to help them out? I don’t.
Bods, Let's not let a couple of "special" souls get in the way of a mutually beneficial deal, What's good for Brisbane is good for Queensland footy and in turn is good for us. ;)

May wont be around for our premiership

a. He wants out
B. If he did stay we’d still never take home the silverware with him on our list, we are a few years away

Put time and effort into a young kid
Here's an interesting question... Has anyone actually confirmed that May actually wants out?

Sure we've heard a lot of white noise of the notoriously unreliable Victorian Centric Media but all we actually do know that that he's enjoying his off season and doing his due diligence in the hope of securing a long term contract.

Let's give our usually staunch clubman the benefit of the doubt before we pack his bags for him, Especially if the rumors of him having personal life issues during the season are to be believed (and of so aren't any of our business anyway)

On a quick side note: Thanks to eveyone for playing nice, especially with some questionable trade theorys thrown our way by some interstate "guests" Really encouraging to see after a bit of a rough patch recently and that's a credit to you guys.

We hold all the cards here, Let them come to us and we'll continue to build something that will take the footy world by surprise sooner rather than later. ;)

windows1

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Getting sick of these multiple extra picks deals from Port or the Crows for one or both of 2 and 3.

Have any oppo posters (and Cal Twomey) actually checked out our draft picks and our open list spots?

WE HAVE 5 PICKS INSIDE 30 ALREADY.

5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5.

We already have the most effing draft points in the history of the world.
We are the World Record Holders of AFL draft value.

We can't fit in any more draft picks this year.
How do you feel about swapping them for 1 and next years Carlton first?

Dec 3, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If we go pick 3 for 6 and 10 from port.
Does pick 2 and 6 get us pick 1?

Gc - Walsh
Carl - Rankine
Port - Luko
Saints - Smith
Freo - King
Carl - King
Syd - Blakey
Dogs - Rozee
Adel - Hately
GWS - Caldwell
GC - ??

Could look at trying to trade up to GWS pick to ensure Hately or Caldwell

Stroppy

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dubs
How do you feel about swapping them for 1 and next years Carlton first?

Suspect we would be OK with moving picks for an extra first next year. Much better than extra picks this year.

But just can't see a trade b/w the Blues and Suns with those early picks. The top of the draft sounds like it is very good this year. Suspect they are both very very happy to stay where they are. Importantly, both Walsh and Luko will have got there heads around where they are most likely going. For the Suns, that is super important.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Here's an interesting question... Has anyone actually confirmed that May actually wants out?
Just watch yesterday's clip with Demons manager when asked about May situation.
'It's a hard one, May is in the same situation like Hogan. I talked to him this week, he is waiting for a suitable deal to be done, if a deal can't be done he happily stays'.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Probably a silly question but if May left next year as an unrestricted free agent, would his compo depend on whether we get any free agents ourselves?
Read that we will work on a trade for Horlin Smith as picking him up as a FA agent might have diluted the Lynch compo. Bit confused by it all.
This is true. add to this that we are apparently looking at chasing a couple of big names next year once we’ve got our salary cap issues in check, I hope the club doesn’t shoot itself in the foot with May. It might be better for us to offload May to say the Doggies for Pick 7 this year, rather than risk a top 5 compo pick next year dropping back a band to say pick 22 for example, if we recruit a free agent from another club, should May still want to leave.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
With St Kilda apparently willing to entertain Scully but not wanting to give up 4 outright it certainly opens trade possibilities.

Sure port will be asking about 6 and 10 for 4.

St Kilda keep 6 and select one of the kings. Give 10 to gws for Scully?

Or alternatively if 10 is too much for Scully they trade 10 to us for 19 and 29?

Think this opens up opportunities for the SA clubs to get to 4.

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
O’Halloran sounds like just the player we need. No wonder the club is apparently very, very keen on him. However he is being talked up a lot and I’m not sure he will still be around at pick 19. Wondering if the club has a plan to get a pick in the early teens to get a better shot at him.

Since 2001

Premiership Player
Sep 27, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
With St Kilda apparently willing to entertain Scully but not wanting to give up 4 outright it certainly opens trade possibilities.

Sure port will be asking about 6 and 10 for 4.

St Kilda keep 6 and select one of the kings. Give 10 to gws for Scully?

Or alternatively if 10 is too much for Scully they trade 10 to us for 19 and 29?

Think this opens up opportunities for the SA clubs to get to 4.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....se-hogan-tom-scully-ryan-burton-and-more/amp/

Most likely to not end up at the saints

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
O’Halloran sounds like just the player we need. No wonder the club is apparently very, very keen on him. However he is being talked up a lot and I’m not sure he will still be around at pick 19. Wondering if the club has a plan to get a pick in the early teens to get a better shot at him.

Yep, reckon we should definitely be able to bundle a deal for more picks in the teens.

With Hall, Kolo & Scrimshaw picks still to come adding them to our 19, 24 & 29, we should definitely be able to grab another couple of picks in the teens?

Lots of options. Plus the live draft night trading.

Could be our best draft crop yet?

RogueRen

Senior List
Apr 17, 2016
Ocean Grove
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Los Angeles Rams
And, after another year, he may even realise the Suns are heading upwards and commit to a long term deal......just hope he doesn't wait til the end of the year to do it....
Nope...May needs to commit NOW or go! I hated the fact that from the start of 2018 we all knew Lynch was going! I don’t want May to be half assed next year and go.

RogueRen

Senior List
Apr 17, 2016
Ocean Grove
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Los Angeles Rams
Maybe we should talk to Collingwood? May for Langdon? Yes..I know he’s looking at Sydney but Collingwood want May big time!

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Tom Langdon is overhyped with good final series , people here sell KK and Scrimshaw as late second or third round but Tom a direct May swap .

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I would prefer if the club came out and said like Melbourne has about hogan and updated us.. is he going or want to go if a deal can be done or is he staying.. I’m not sure what they’re up to apart from disgruntling fans/members but keeping tight lipped.. gc would have to be one of the worst clubs for keeping members updated

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lewis#3

Team Captain
Aug 30, 2008
Wodonga
AFL Club
West Coast
Having picks two and three in this draft I think is a great position and you can't really go wrong with the talent available. Who do you think you guys will pick? Lukosius and Rankine? I find it funny how the SA clubs are trying to move up but realistically both these players will be gone by pick 6. Hope you guys end up drafting them both as That would be a great start to getting back on track again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back