Traded Rory Lobb [traded with #14, #43 and #47 to Fremantle for #11 and #19]

Remove this Banner Ad

lol you act as if the clubs dont talk to the managment of these players im sure we have told gws that we will do evrything in our power to get them a top 20 pick and if we cant then they will prob settle for pick 23 on the last day

Wow. Freo don't deserve any one decent if that is their smug attitude. I can see why managers are advising their clients against going there.

Wow. Freo don't deserve any one decent if that is their smug attitude. I can see why managers are advising their clients against going there.
stop reading bullshit made up by flogs who have a twitter handle and call themselfs VIC media lol im saying this is agreed apon by both gws and freo this is just speculation by the way so dont get your knickers in a twist

Lobb averaged 9 disposals, 3 marks, 20 hit outs & 0.5 goals a game in 2018. He was decent two years ago but apart from the 2016 season he has looked a very average fwd-ruckman. Additionally, it’s known by opposition teams that he doesn’t like the rough stuff & can easily be bullied. He’s worth pick 25-35 & nothing more.

11, 30, 49 for Lobb, 24, 29?

Only values Lobb at 24 which might be slight unders but picks 2, 3, 11 could bring some real talent to the Suns while Freo load up on the second round.

Last edited:
lol you act as if the clubs dont talk to the managment of these players im sure we have told gws that we will do evrything in our power to get them a top 20 pick and if we cant then they will prob settle for pick 23 on the last day
It was about Lobb and his management, not GWS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picks 11,23,30 for Lobb 14,47,52.

Values point wise Lobb at pick 17.

It's a classic GWS trade, they love to upgrade picks.

With GWS trading out Shiels, and Scully they might have other combinations to play with.
There's a number of options I guess. Pick 23 and 2019 Second Round Selection for Lobb and Pick 43 rates him at pick 13.

In all seriousness though, why are Scully and Setterfield worth a half eaten bag of chips and a deal where Lobb is valued in that deal as pick 19 and you end up with a higher draft pick sadly not enough?
Mmmmm
Maybe think it through.

Do you seriously believe we would trade Scully for a pick in the 59's and pay his contract? If you do then you might be interested in buying a bridge. It's a big one.

Setterfield is not Lobb and the big bit was a future second round pick. For a guy in rehab I expected less.

Lobb is definitely worth a first round pick and a middle one to me.

Mmmmm
Maybe think it through.

Do you seriously believe we would trade Scully for a pick in the 59's and pay his contract? If you do then you might be interested in buying a bridge. It's a big one.

Setterfield is not Lobb and the big bit was a future second round pick. For a guy in rehab I expected less.

Lobb is definitely worth a first round pick and a middle one to me.
If GWS pays part of the salary higher the pick.

Andrew Browne tweet but that's it.
Really, because I read this from Wayne Campbell:

“(List manager Jason McCartney) has been having some good discussions with (Fremantle CEO and acting list manager) Steve Rosich, who’s controlling this deal. We met with them on Monday and they’re really keen on Rory and see him as a really valuable player for them. Without (revealing) any specifics because we haven’t really worked it out yet, I’m sure between the two of them they’ll come to some sort of deal over the next week.”

Who should I believe? GWS Football Boss Wayne Campbell or a tweet from Andrew Browne?

I think I'll go with Door 1: Wayne Campbell.

If GWS pays part of the salary higher the pick.

I do think the trade should proceed.

Lobb leaving us impacts more than anyone in my view. There's a point if no return once a players declared he wants to be somewhere else though. The club needs to keep it's options at the table open, but to me we're past that point.

Pick thirteen seems acceptable but definitely we aint paying his salary.

I do think the trade should proceed.

Lobb leaving us impacts more than anyone in my view. There's a point if no return once a players declared he wants to be somewhere else though. The club needs to keep it's options at the table open, but to me we're past that point.

Pick thirteen seems acceptable but definitely we aint paying his salary.
sorry im talking about Scully not Lobb.

I can see why managers are advising their clients against going there.
The only "managers" I can imagine you are referring to is Anthony van der Wielen (manager of Tim Kelly). Here's what he actually said:

“I asked him (Kelly) if he wanted to have a chat to Peter Bell and he said, ‘I don’t want to do it’.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back