Recommitted Tom Langdon [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

You'd have a few question marks on Sydney right now.

Throws bags of cash everywhere yet got no one... Culture issues..

such a great grand final. pity he missed the spoil on little liam ryan which lead to dom sheed's goal.

imo we do not need another third, intercepting defender. had a great grand final but he is generally an average, one paced player. every side needs his type but we already have rampe, allir, mills and marsh. all of whom are quicker. three of whom, imo are miles better.

imo we do not need another third, intercepting defender. had a great grand final but he is generally an average, one paced player. every side needs his type but we already have rampe, allir, mills and marsh. all of whom are quicker. three of whom, imo are miles better.
So why did your club go for him?

isn't mills a mid really? rampe i agree, allir i'd say that they are about the same. marsh, who is that?

Shows your understand of football with your last few posts.

The whole purpose of your club going hard at Langdon and offering big money was to slot him in as a replacement for Mills so he can step into the midfield.

Your club is disappointed it’s tried getting two Collingwood players and has failed twice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A whole lot less? You are kidding yourself. Fully expect a number of appearances on Fox or 9 this year to cover any gap.
Of course it’s completely unfathomable that he took an inferior offer to stay. Obviously something underhanded going on here...

Shows your understand of football with your last few posts.

The whole purpose of your club going hard at Langdon and offering big money was to slot him in as a replacement for Mills so he can step into the midfield.

Your club is disappointed it’s tried getting two Collingwood players and has failed twice.

You talk as if the Swans were they only club that got played in these two failed 'negotiations'. Yes, we missed out, but both of those players have now increased the size and length of their contracts at a rate the list management team didn't originally intend on. It would appear they called your list management's bluff and won - twice!

Langdon slows down when he has the ball, frustratingly so at times, but he's actually bloody quick.

You talk as if the Swans were they only club that got played in these two failed 'negotiations'. Yes, we missed out, but both of those players have now increased the size and length of their contracts at a rate the list management team didn't originally intend on. It would appear they called your list management's bluff and won - twice!
Anything to support that? As far as I’m concerned, Langdon was offered a contract by Collingwood late, and accepted it over Sydney and Fremantle’s. Don’t see anywhere that they had to up their offer.

Anything to support that? As far as I’m concerned, Langdon was offered a contract by Collingwood late, and accepted it over Sydney and Fremantle’s. Don’t see anywhere that they had to up their offer.

Well the paperwork won't be signed and announced until tomorrow most likely, but we do know that he was only initially offered a one year extension. I've read varying reports of what the Swans put on offer to Langdon (somewhere between 3-6 years and offering $400,000-600,000) but at the very least to renege on such a large deal, it would be safe to assume that Collingwood upped their offer to some degree (probably around 2-3 years and for a greater sum). Agents shopping around their players, despite the fact that they are content where they are, to get a better deal isn't anything new. Why do you think agents like Liam Pickering make public statements on sports radio?

Tom knocked back 1.2 million more to stay at pies. Swans are a rabble at the moment.

hqdefault.jpg

No homers allowed.

Tom knocked back 1.2 million more to stay at pies. Swans are a rabble at the moment.

HA! Hello pot, this is kettle...

Rabble is a stretch, I think clubs are entitled to a 1-2 year dip every so often to rejuvenate the list. The difference for Sydney compared to most clubs though is that our lapses in form are only temporary. Swans bottomed out in 2009 to miss the finals (only time we've missed finals in the last 15 years) and within 3 years had already won their next premiership. Take a lap around Arden St and come back to me when you have a blue chip signing holding a premiership cup.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back