Goulburn Valley FL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagamabie played in 4 GF's in row won 3 in a row previous to this year.
Nathalia won 4 in a row.
Kyabram had the most dominate 3 years in GVFL history by some margin.
Dominance by clubs is common everywhere.
I'd like to see the successful clubs copied to see footy flog off other sports rather than capped and giving other sports a free hit.

Nagamabie played in 4 GF's in row won 3 in a row previous to this year.
Nathalia won 4 in a row.
Kyabram had the most dominate 3 years in GVFL history by some margin.
Dominance by clubs is common everywhere.
I'd like to see the successful clubs copied to see footy flog off other sports rather than capped and giving other sports a free hit.
Albury's 7 out of 10 will take some catching. Kyabram have indeed dominated over the past three years but history (at this point) will say 2 out of 4 wins in GF's in a row. Nathalia 4 in a row. I think Deer Park might have won 6 in a row.

I imagine Albury, Kyabram, Nathalia and Deer Park will be around the mark again in 2019.

Albury's 7 out of 10 will take some catching. Kyabram have indeed dominated over the past three years but history (at this point) will say 2 out of 4 wins in GF's in a row. Nathalia 4 in a row. I think Deer Park might have won 6 in a row.

I imagine Albury, Kyabram, Nathalia and Deer Park will be around the mark again in 2019.
Nathalia 5 of last 7 , 9 of last 13 . To go with last 4 in a row.

Someone mentioned on here earlier that Andrew Browne will be playing coach of Mansfield next year. Not much comment about it since.

For those who do not know, he is an ex-AFL ruckman who has been dominating the EDFL premier division with Keilor for years.
Any who recall a 6.8 Mark Blake smashing smaller ruckman while he was at Mooroopna a few years back you understand what is coming. A seriously big man who can really play! I suspect he might bring some talent back to Mansfield with him!

Last edited:
Someone mentioned on here earlier that Andrew Browne will be playing coach of Mansfield next year. Not much comment about it since.

For those who do not know, he is an ex-AFL ruckman who has been dominating the EDFL premier division with Keilor for years.
Any who recall a 6.10 Mark Blake smashing smaller ruckman while he was at Mooroopna a few years back you understand what is coming. A seriously big man who can really play! I suspect he might bring some talent back to Mansfield with him!

Agree Tongue, the boy can seriously play. Mansfield flew under the radar for most of the year and are often forgotten about on here. Browne is a gun and will have 2 or 3 in tow with him.

So many ex-AFL guys go the money grab, dont present in great nick and play half ar$ed, but this big fella has been nothing short of amazing at Keilor (off field too Im told). Love seeing guys returning "home" at some stage as part of the full circle of the football journey.

Agree Tongue, the boy can seriously play. Mansfield flew under the radar for most of the year and are often forgotten about on here. Browne is a gun and will have 2 or 3 in tow with him.
See Mick Mcguane realy talking him up on twitter, clearly rates him as a bloke. Quality get for the club. Are Mansfield a chance of securing Jimmy Lawton aswell now that his Corowa contract has actualy expired?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See Mick Mcguane realy talking him up on twitter, clearly rates him as a bloke. Quality get for the club. Are Mansfield a chance of securing Jimmy Lawton aswell now that his Corowa contract has actualy expired?
Is Lawton a big fella' in the 195cm range who plays more like a mid-fielder than tall forward? I reckon he played a solitary game for Rochester on a permit in about 2011/12. He was playing VFL with Coburg (I think).

Is Lawton a big fella' in the 195cm range who plays more like a mid-fielder than tall forward? I reckon he played a solitary game for Rochester on a permit in about 2011/12. He was playing VFL with Coburg (I think).
My understanding is that he is a gun chf . The clearance refusal and subsequent appeal last year was very ugly with Lawton also signing in SA and plenty of angst from both parties. IIRC he missed the first 6-7 games of the 2017 season due to an ugly incident the year before and still won the club b&f. Think his suspension history might have him close to the deregistration mark ?

My understanding is that he is a gun chf . The clearance refusal and subsequent appeal last year was very ugly with Lawton also signing in SA and plenty of angst from both parties. IIRC he missed the first 6-7 games of the 2017 season due to an ugly incident the year before and still won the club b&f. Think his suspension history might have him close to the deregistration mark ?
I think he was very close in 2016.

He played abit of SANFL at his peak then headed bush. He jumped the fence and whacked a bloke in the crowd to get his six weeks that has him on about 14 or 15 for his career.
Played the last half dozen games for Corowa after clearancegate. But was clearly just taking his appearance money because he was taking the piss abit. 2017 however he played one of the most dominate games of O&M I have seen from a ruck/chf against the eventual premiers. The blokes a character to say the least.

He played abit of SANFL at his peak then headed bush. He jumped the fence and whacked a bloke in the crowd to get his six weeks that has him on about 14 or 15 for his career.
Played the last half dozen games for Corowa after clearancegate. But was clearly just taking his appearance money because he was taking the piss abit. 2017 however he played one of the most dominate games of O&M I have seen from a ruck/chf against the eventual premiers. The blokes a character to say the least.

Might have to call him 'Perry'.

Don't sweat it lion. Sounds like the Seymour boys are building nicely after the end of season losses.
The kdfl thread was alive with a bit of chatter that Doug Wren was pulling the pin at Moon Oval and heading back to Tally. I think Ultra put a full stop to that rumour as the young bloke is staying at Rochy.
Well done Dougie Wren on winning rochys B+F, gave him a big rap when they picked him up this year and didn’t let me down and certainly stood up to GV football Not certain but including Tally’s B+Fs that could be 5 in a row !!!

Anyone know much about VAFA? See St Kevin’s Old boys are ranked #1 across all Victoria, with Kyabram ranked #2. I always thought the VAFA wasn’t very strong. Anyone care to inform me about that league and where they would rank among GV, EDFL, GFL etc.
Cheers

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyone know much about VAFA? See St Kevin’s Old boys are ranked #1 across all Victoria, with Kyabram ranked #2. I always thought the VAFA wasn’t very strong. Anyone care to inform me about that league and where they would rank among GV, EDFL, GFL etc.
Cheers

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The amount of EX AFL and VFL talent among the top flight VAFA sides is a major contributing factor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back