FTA-TV Australian Survivor - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you have Tyson as your avatar?
Goes back to a supercoach thread a few years back.
Was giving them updates from one of my cliffhanger matchups , someone asked if i won and that was my reply.
Just stuck from then on.

Do you know of anything production generally don't approve of? The number of contestants who complain of it being cold or wet but I've never seen them bring a nice warm, waterproof jacket makes me wonder.
You are told to submit outfits that suit your character, which you also need to wear at the auditions. They simply won't cast a bunch of Kathmandu wearing campers.

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
They really overdid the music, editing, etc when Sharn was giving her answers at the final tribal council. It was hard to tell whether she was actually pausing and stumbling for that long or if they'd got a bit creative with cutting it up. A bit like when they show the facial expressions of people at tribal, but rarely in the same shot as the person who's speaking.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
They really overdid the music, editing, etc when Sharn was giving her answers at the final tribal council. It was hard to tell whether she was actually pausing and stumbling for that long or if they'd got a bit creative with cutting it up. A bit like when they show the facial expressions of people at tribal, but rarely in the same shot as the person who's speaking.
Totally

There were clear audio cuts to make her appear to stumble on her answers.

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
Totally

There were clear audio cuts to make her appear to stumble on her answers.
I just don't want that if it's completely contrived. I want to get a feel for what the tribal council is actually like. Sharn was obviously in some bother, but the editing made it really difficult to get a feel for exactly what was happening. Sharn can talk the talk and I can't imagine she would have been THAT bad. I get that they need to edit, withhold some conversations, etc to make for better viewing, but it can go too far.

Lefthanded

Premiership Player
Sep 9, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Lydia flat out told Mat that Sam had told her that people were gunning for her (although this wasn't shown).

Not sure I'd give that as an example of him being connected enough to hear things given they were supposedly in the same alliance
Assuming you know about something that wasn't shown by seeing it on jury villa?
My example was nothing to do with when Lydia was still there but re when Sam got voted out as Mat couldn't trust him anymore.

Lefthanded

Premiership Player
Sep 9, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
See you mention the Lydia move which he willingly jumped aboard with and which was a huge tactical error. An ally and alternative target down the track and he gets in with eliminating her asap, even missing getting her in the jury.

I kinda get what he was doing but it felt like he hit merge as part of a strong alliance (Sam, Sharn, Lydia, Shane, Steve, him) then sends Lydia home which results in the demise of Sam, doesn't read the signs on Benji who eventually gets him.
It was gameplay, just not good gameplay. Mat might have had concerns about Sharn and Lydia due to the tribeswap but that is all the more reason to target the contenders early after merge (so Sharn & Lydia only have original alliances left) or at least those on the outer in your own tribe (eg Brian). IF Shane knew she needed to get rid of so many physical threats that she needed to start early and was able to convince the others kudos to her for achieving that, but given it wasn't ever sold like that I doubt it entered her mind that early and it's still a case of shame on Mat for not seeing the problems of such an approach for himself.

milhouse1

All Australian
Jun 25, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Diego Padres
I am pleased at least the Australian survivor still has a decent reunion show. Of course there are some parts that aren't so good (I didn't like the Russell-bashing segment), but at least we got to hear from most people. The US version of the reunion isn't even worth watching anymore.

I am pleased at least the Australian survivor still has a decent reunion show. Of course there are some parts that aren't so good (I didn't like the Russell-bashing segment), but at least we got to hear from most people. The US version of the reunion isn't even worth watching anymore.

Yep. Havent watched that for a couple years now I think.

They lost me when they had Sia on and chatting to little brats in the audience we could not give a * about.

The Smaller Warrior do the jury know straight after the vote who won because they tell each other who they each voted for? If not, how do they keep the jury from sharing each other's votes before returning to Aus?
You have a pretty good idea. I think S2 was the only one where people weren't certain. Shane knew she won before the votes being read, and she even revealed it at the reunion by mistake lol.

We all talk post show too via whatsapp etc usually too, and though you don't tell anyone direct we all had a fairly good idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lefthanded

Premiership Player
Sep 9, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sam said this on reddit. And the reason Mat couldn't trust him is because Lydia she knew what Mat had said to Sam about her
What had Mat said about her? You previously only said that Sam had told her people were gunning for her. To me Sam sharing info with someone in their alliance (Lydia) does not mean he absolutely can't be trusted in future, just that he was closer to Lydia than Mat or thought it was the wrong time to break the alliance. If he'd shared those concerns with Mat before or after talking to Lydia (which he may have) I don't see it as a break of trust. There may have been something else we were shown after Lydia was gone that was why Mat lacked trust for Sam.

Anyone going to apply for next season of Survivor?
I might apply for the American one. They need to win the senile, old people demographic. We spend money, too, on Depend, applesauce, Ensure, ice cubes, jelly, etc.

The_Todd07

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 8, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Red Sox 76ers
Don't think the wife would be overly thrilled if I take off for 2 months a few weeks after the baby is born so might have to give this one a pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back