Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

Remove this Banner Ad

Need a good routine for the quicks. It's more about getting the run-up right - bowlers aren't really concentrating on the line, they just know they're there and there abouts to land in the right place. Watch some videos of Bing Lee from side-on - some of these guys do have a good stride on when they release the ball. Given cricket is a game where one tiny mistake will see you in the sheds for the rest of the afternoon, an extra 5 or 10 cm might be the difference between a nick and the face of the bat, or a guy jamming down on a yorker instead of having his pegs' splayed. I tend to look at it the other way though and think you're better off giving yourself leeway and not dismissing someone with a no-ball. Don't think I've bowled a front-foot no-ball in 30 odd years of cricket.

Any spinner bowling front-foot no-balls however should be euthanized on the spot.

Given that you can't turn a game on its head with a kick-in, I don't see why it's worth even getting close to the line. I'd imagine most of the time it's just poor decision making that leads someone to step over the line, so why change the rule?
Now that I think about it, a fast bowler like Lee would have a ??? 20 km difference between his quickest ball of the over and a slower one, which would be a real difference in the mechanics / stride-length and so forth. So I’ll give the quicks some grace on this one. I can’t recall a spinner that was a serial front foot no-baller, but I will kill on sight any I find.

Agree though that there seems no reason to * it up in AFL. Which of course means that our defenders will somehow manage it anyway.

belly does not suffer fools gladly . Melbourne know exactly that Freos offer is fair and on the money .
I reckon Belly has the countery in him to offer Gold Coast 11 for May to really rattle the cage of Melbourne

On another note, I love how Peter Bell is all of a sudden the absolute doyen of football management in Fremantle fans' eyes. He's spent the last decade doing media and sitting on the Dockers Board as a director, and has no formal experience in running the FD, but he was grouse at footy and speaks well so he must be amazing.

It's not difficult keeping your toe behind the line. I don't have a problem with guys getting punished for failing to do something ridiculously simple.
Yeah but that can't be enforced now surely. If you can play on without kicking to yourself then stepping over the line would just be play on.

On another note, I love how Peter Bell is all of a sudden the absolute doyen of football management in Fremantle fans' eyes. He's spent the last decade doing media and sitting on the Dockers Board as a director, and has no formal experience in running the FD, but he was grouse at footy and speaks well so he must be amazing.
He isn't s**t if he can't get a deal for Hogan done. Defining moment for their footy club. If they don't land Hogan and lose Neale that is a massive fail.

Yeah but that can't be enforced now surely. If you can play on without kicking to yourself then stepping over the line would just be play on.

Yes, correct, but why change any of this at all? Guys kicking to themselves and flubbing it is entertaining.

Cannon82 I didn't realise winning POTY meant you lose your avatar rights.

Wagner no longer life either? :(

What has happened to you?
Wagner will always be life regardless.

POTY is as POTY does - 2 more posts from you per year and you knock him off his perch easy (and obviously risk your avatar).

Wagner will always be life regardless.

POTY is as POTY does - 2 more posts from you per year and you knock him off his perch easy (and obviously risk your avatar).

I love Nev tho. :(

Ill stick posting my usual garbage, dont want your stupid POTY. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cannon82 I didn't realise winning POTY meant you lose your avatar rights.

Wagner no longer life either? :(

What has happened to you?

I have lost my avatar and signature privileges, it would seem. Also get my posts deleted occasionally when some mods feel the inclination.

I have lost my avatar and signature privileges, it would seem. Also get my posts deleted occasionally when some mods feel the inclination.

Its little wonder the American football board is my fav hang out on BF these days.

Hogan worth;

Has plummeted in the last 48hours solely based on rumour and innuendo.

Who really knows if his foot is ****** or if there's off field issues....

He's worth 50% of his value 48 hours ago.

Welcome to a new world where a player’s value is impacted solely by unfounded rumours on a football forum.

Cricket player :D

I’ve always wanted to know - and you’re possibly a good bet to ask - what is the deal with so many bowlers getting so many no-balls? I always wonder why they don’t devise what is obviously a very set routine to run up from just very slightly further back to avoid the breach of over the line? Or is there such a substantial advantage to being on the edge that they risk the no ball because it’s worth it?

In the nets they bowl a foot plus over the line for reason like making the batters that bit better off for the extra pace and to avoid the pothole on the crease

Remove this Banner Ad

Back