Oscar Allen

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure how it shakes out with Darling and JK still being first-choice, plus Vardy. Is there a danger that the development of Brander, Allen and Waterman stalls because they don't play senior footy?

Do we assume that those guys don't play if JK and Darling are fit? Maybe we need to be more creative than that.

Last edited:
Marketing didn't quite think this one the whole way through, did they?

Deck Chairs are the only missing, otherwise it depicts the Club situation pretty well.

Freo fan coming in peace.

What's the difference between Allen and Brander and which one is projecting better atm?

FAK OFF U

nah just kidding

Brander is more of a genuine KPP, while Allen will probably play as that 2nd/3rd type. Personally I feel like Allen has shown way more in AFL/WAFL thus far, but Brander probably has more upside and could replace Kennedy long term.

What's the difference between Allen and Brander and which one is projecting better atm?
Hard to tell at this early stage, Allen is going to be a gun and will probably play a bit earlier than Brander. As a comparison I'd say Allen is more a mobile tall with good skills in the Pav type mould, where as Brander projects more as a genuine full forward like JK.

I'm not sure how it shakes out with Darling and JK still being first-choice, plus Vardy. Is there a danger that the development of Brander, Allen and Waterman stalls because they don't play senior footy?

Do we assume that those guys don't play if JK and Darling are fit? Maybe we need to be more creative than that.

The vast majority of KPFs take a few years to get going, Darling was an exception because he was already built for senior footy as a teen.

Kennedy won't be around in three years imo so the opportunity is there for one of them to take his place.

FAK OFF U

nah just kidding

Brander is more of a genuine KPP, while Allen will probably play as that 2nd/3rd type. Personally I feel like Allen has shown way more in AFL/WAFL thus far, but Brander probably has more upside and could replace Kennedy long term.

Do you think either will get more genuine game time next year? Or is it more likely that play as back up if Kennedy or Darling fall over?

Hard to tell at this early stage, Allen is going to be a gun and will probably play a bit earlier than Brander. As a comparison I'd say Allen is more a mobile tall with good skills in the Pav type mould, where as Brander projects more as a genuine full forward like JK.

If Allen's in the Pav type mould he's definitely someone to look forward to watching then! ;)

Congrats again on that premiership, hopefully these guys are playing full time by 2021 when Ross is gone so we can have some actual interesting derbies to look forward to :D

Do you think either will get more genuine game time next year? Or is it more likely that play as back up if Kennedy or Darling fall over?

If Allen's in the Pav type mould he's definitely someone to look forward to watching then! ;)

Congrats again on that premiership, hopefully these guys are playing full time by 2021 when Ross is gone so we can have some actual interesting derbies to look forward to :D
Haha, not saying he's going to be as good as Pav, although he does have a very nice skillset so he's a good chance to be a very good player.
Cheers, hope you guys manage to come out of your Ross Lyon induced mediocrity before then, I think Bell is a good choice to right the club.

Brander is more a true KPP player perfect height and size on him. Quite skilled below the knees and is a very good field kick and creating space leading up the wings. Forward 50 craft needs work as does set shot accuracy. Going to be a beast once he develops.

Allen is slightly smaller but not by much probably won’t be as solid but he has really long arms and a great reach Allen’s ability to mark at the highest point is impressive has seriously sticky hands very skilled and clean below the knees. Has a bit of X factor as well.

Obviously I’m a massive homer for both but I’m almost certain both will be eventual Jack and josh replacements

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My concern as well.. however the club has them both signed on long term

I'd imagine they'd either be getting a regular game or simply not good enough by the time came around that we could lose them for lack of opportunity.

I'd be surprised if Kennedy went materially past next year.

I wonder about this too - possibly along the Patrick Cripps mold. He would add a different dimension to our existing midfield if he can transition into the guts.

Clean hands, a bit of height, good over-head and good below the knees (observations from Brisbane game)

I don't think he's Patty Cripps, but few are

Cripps is a first ballot hall of famer and (future) Brownlow winner.

Not to mention he's the anti-Judd. A ripping, humble bloke to boot

Brander will replace Kennedy but he will play CHF. He is Wayne Carey like.

Oscar Allen reminds me of what Fyfe looked like before he beefed up. And hope this is the case and he becomes Fyfe mach 2 for us. Brander and Darling can have the fwd line with Rioli, Ryan, Cripps and J Cameron. Allen plays as a 3rd fwd to start off with but moves to the middle eventually.

I'd dare say they both know the situation they are in with Darling and Kennedy and can both go about developing outside the limelight and pressures of League football. Obviously they'll both want to be playing but I think they both know where they sit at the moment, especially as the team just won the flag. That said I'd love them to dominate WAFL and be given the odd game here and there, even out of position.

Back to Allen, I definitely saw something special in him against Brisbane.

FAK OFF U

nah just kidding

Can someone explain to me how WCE have all these developing talls, yet Fremantle seems to have none? Fremantle have had better draft picks than WCE for quite a while.

I personally think Allen will be best 22 by the end of next year, he only played 2 games last year but he didn't seem to struggle in the slightest. Add another pre-season and I think he can break in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back