Traded Rory Lobb [traded with #14, #43 and #47 to Fremantle for #11 and #19]

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 15, 2013
Here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yes
lol you act as if the clubs dont talk to the managment of these players im sure we have told gws that we will do evrything in our power to get them a top 20 pick and if we cant then they will prob settle for pick 23 on the last day
Well after the news freo offered pick 11 for Kelly westcoast should offer pick 20 or even 22 for Lobb.

DaveLister

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well after the news freo offered pick 11 for Kelly westcoast should offer pick 20 or even 22 for Lobb.
So firstly the offer to Kelly is an unsubstantiated rumour. Secondly can west coast afford to spend pick 22 and $750k on another ruckman after getting Hickey?

Nov 15, 2013
Here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yes
So firstly the offer to Kelly is an unsubstantiated rumour. Secondly can west coast afford to spend pick 22 and $750k on another ruckman after getting Hickey?
I heard Bell offered pick 11. For kelly and in return recieve pick 12 from Geelong .

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
I'm done with WA products.
Bar Cogs they all want to end up back there.

Picks please.

Can see late 1st rounder early 2nd rounder.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
You got Decent WA talent. Sure they want to return back to their home state, at least you got something out of them.

If I was GWS, Start getting SA or Country Vic talent. For some reason, they are willing to stay at the clubs they are drafted regardless if the club is struggling or not.

Still, I Know you chaps might want pick 11 from freo. You willing to settle with 2 2nd rounders? Take freos pick 23 or 30 this year and Freos 2019 2nd rounder which might be pick 21-25?

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
You got Decent WA talent. Sure they want to return back to their home state, at least you got something out of them.

If I was GWS, Start getting SA or Country Vic talent. For some reason, they are willing to stay at the clubs they are drafted regardless if the club is struggling or not.

Still, I Know you chaps might want pick 11 from freo. You willing to settle with 2 2nd rounders? Take freos pick 23 or 30 this year and Freos 2019 2nd rounder which might be pick 21-25?
Cogs is still happy. I think

Well he will be with the new contract that would be heading his way.

With the talk we are happy with Scully for pick 53 (and paying half his salary) I have no idea what the club would consider a good trade.

As I thought an early 2nd rounder would do it. Then 2 of them would make me more than content.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cogs is still happy. I think

Well he will be with the new contract that would be heading his way.

With the talk we are happy with Scully for pick 53 (and paying half his salary) I have no idea what the club would consider a good trade.

As I thought an early 2nd rounder would do it. Then 2 of them would make me more than content.

I don't know why you would trade scully so cheaply. Scully is out of contract until 2021. If he was out of contract next year, he would of been a free agent and easier to dump out.

But Say if freo trade pick 23 (815 points) and Freos 2019 rounder is pick 24 (785). 815 plus 785 is 1600 points or points equivalent of pick 7 or 8. A bit overs to pay for freo.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
I don't know why you would trade scully so cheaply. Scully is out of contract until 2021. If he was out of contract next year, he would of been a free agent and easier to dump out.

But Say if freo trade pick 23 (815 points) and Freos 2019 rounder is pick 24 (785). 815 plus 785 is 1600 points or points equivalent of pick 7 or 8. A bit overs to pay for freo.
No one does.

I would of thought massive overs for freo.

But can see why as it means not losing a 1st rounder.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
No one does.

I would of thought massive overs for freo.

But can see why as it means not losing a 1st rounder.

Well as of right now, what would GWS want more? Pick 11 with their current academy points. Or 2 2nd rounders which add acedemy points for this season and next season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Well as of right now, what would GWS want more? Pick 11 with their current academy points. Or 2 2nd rounders which add acedemy points for this season and next season?
We already have the points for Briggs(our academy lad).
From what I can tell we want to get as high in the draft as possible with as many picks as possible.
But then the vflmedia keep saying we are giving away these stars so who knows......

Jack of two trades.
Master of none.

Just for those playing at home, this phrase in it's entirety is actually:

A jack of all trades is a master of none, but oftentimes better than a master of one

Which means exactly the opposite of how it's used.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

A jack of all trades is a master of none, but oftentimes better than a master of one

2105da562762930b0d66753b4f7257ab.gif

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney

I stand partially corrected then.

This is one of those rarer occasions where the Jack of two is worse than the Master of one.

Much worse.

pavalenkoo

Rookie
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just saying Lobbs cooled on the idea because your club has just publicly screwed Jessie Hogan over.

How the f@&! Would you know?

Maybe freo told Jessie and his manager, let’s reconvene next year when your foot is right and we get you for less next year.... no rush ....it will get done just in 12 months.....

There’s no pressure on freo .... we are not in the premiership window...... I’m sure Jesse would be happy for us getting a quality mid with pick 5 to kick it to him lace out in the forward 50 when he arrives.

Just because MFC desperate to get May, there frustration towards freo for standing in their way is ludicrous. Freo FC priority is to look after freo FC irrespective of what MFC wants.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Just saying Lobbs cooled on the idea because your club has just publicly screwed Jessie Hogan over.
*checks team followed.

Post makes much more sense now.

Not that this is a Hogan thread but Melbourne are playing silly buggers not Freo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back