Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't understand is why GWS are so stupid. Why the hell would you trade him to a club that finished higher than them on the ladder? The same goes to trade Shiel to Essendon who are a clear premiership threat.

They are dumb plain and simple.
Maybe because he is cooked and they know it...

GWS look like they're doing a mini rebuild. They have botched their Salary Cap and other things. I never wanted the expansion clubs and this is why. You can't manufacture these things. Quality over quantity

If I was someone like Callum Ward I would be very angry

I can’t understabd why we aren’t into him. Maybe we are, but he’s not interested, which given his age is not unreasonable.

This is the ridiculousness of the business at the moment. Scully is happy to be traded as a salary dump... but only going to a club in contention. If GWS had the power they arguably SHOULD have (given he's contracted), they should be able to send him anywhere. And logically THEY would be more interested in sending him to the other end of the ladder, ie. us.

What I don't understand is why GWS are so stupid. Why the hell would you trade him to a club that finished higher than them on the ladder? The same goes to trade Shiel to Essendon who are a clear premiership threat.

I get it but equally when trying to shift under contract players, you need a degree of co-operation from them.

Pushing hard to get pick 2 from GCS. Would be something like 2019 1st + knives (cas?). Then we take Walsh at #1, #2 goes to Adelaide or port on draft night for the best price available.

Not doubting the mail, but I just can't see why GC do this; they trade out of a superdraft which they could take Lukosius/Rankine/Rozee for a speculative pick in 2019 which could be anywhere from 1 - 4, all to take steak knives in Cas?

Can't see the reasoning behind such a move.

Pushing hard to get pick 2 from GCS. Would be something like 2019 1st + knives (cas?). Then we take Walsh at #1, #2 goes to Adelaide or port on draft night for the best price available.

We obviously rate the first round of this draft much better than next year's. I'm pro this idea. If we get Walsh, we need to start thinking about depth and getting a couple of extra first rounders this year would be worth it. Also, if you factor in fewer injuries, natural improvement and other teams regressing (Freo losing Neale, GC losing everyone, St Kilda stinking), next years pick is unlikely to be top 3.

Not doubting the mail, but I just can't see why GC do this; they trade out of a superdraft which they could take Lukosius/Rankine/Rozee for a speculative pick in 2019 which could be anywhere from 1 - 4, all to take steak knives in Cas?

Can't see the reasoning behind such a move.

They rate the top 4 as Walsh then the Adelaide boys, very worried about player retention. They also have a strong draft hand this year already.

Many clubs are dumb, when they are trading to sides around them. First and foremost, the player makes that decision, but the club should be smarter.

Example of this, Polec wants to go to North, which I understand, but given they both finished just outside the 8, Port just gave the advantage to North to possibly make the 8, over them

If we get #2 - F the SA teams - take Lukosius. Allows Charlie to be Kouta-esque AND it sends a message to ADE - ‘we ain’t your biatch’. Lukosius also doesn’t have the perceived issues Rankine has - but if you picked Rankine at 2 I think we could turn him around.

The one thing I keep thinking of with this #2 interest is that we have spoken to ADE about assets in the MM talks and they want access to Lukosius to get it done. Think there’s a mother lode trade in here somewhere.

GWS look like they're doing a mini rebuild. They have botched their Salary Cap and other things. I never wanted the expansion clubs and this is why. You can't manufacture these things. Quality over quantity

If I was someone like Callum Ward I would be very angry

They are still going to turn out a team featuring Kelly, Coniglio, Whitfield, Ward, Hopper, Taranto, Shaw, Davis, Cameron, Greene and Tomlinson. Plus whatever they add with picks 8 and 16. Lets not get too worried about them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In this instance, I think Scully holds all the aces though. He has 2 or 3 years of a contract and by all reports, would be happy to see it out at GWS.
However, GWS cant afford to keep him so the compromise is Scully picks where he goes.

We'd obviously need to get a 2019 second in as well, so it's possible the trade would be done during trade week.

IF GC were open to such a trade, we'd need to trade out someone of value to get a 2019 second rounder back...

2019 first rounder + *something of significance* for pick 2 plus 2019 second rounder. That something of significance would have to be a lot more than a Casboult.

GC would be crazy to trade out of picks 2 & 3. If they are worried about player retention, it could happen, no matter which kids they draft. Yes, country kids, maybe less likely to have a go home factor. If I was them, unless they benefit from multiple picks coming in, stay the course. Perhaps, they should try and attract good players as part of the deal, so the traded players are less likely to leave.

Port have likely positioned themselves for Rankine and maybe Adelaide feel that Lukosius is just too far away and Rankine would be the feather in their cap.

1. Carlton - Walsh
2. GC - Lukosius
3. GC - Rozee
4. Saints - MKing
5. Brisbane / Fremantle - Tricky here. Would either take Rankine? They should, but would they? Brisbane maybe, but maybe not Fremantle.
Fremantle may go Ben King, being either the forward or back they're lacking. Then again, this pick may do the rounds and end up with GC for May.
What do GC do? Would they do Rankine to join the other two S.A. boys, or do they take Smith or Ben King?

Adelaide are sitting back and may have positioned themselves to pounce for the pick #4, although Saints do love Max King....interesting.
This is where if I were a Bris/Freo... days before the draft I would be letting out that if any of the Adelaide boys are available you'd be taking them (true or not)... that way come pick 5 at the draft you may get Port/Adel offer something very nice during live trading.

Be very happy to get something around that. Adelaide will want to keep 8 for another SA player. Would Brad Crouch, 13 & 21 be enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back