Sexual Assault in Football

Remove this Banner Ad

You can kind of see what they’re trying to do, trying to support their icon player given what they’ve paid for him and the commercial opportunities etc. But it’s just come out all wrong. Yuck.

Interesting that he hasn’t been selected for the Portuguese squad, but not sure if it’s related to this.

Classic he said, she said. HE, thinking he can do what he wants, every woman should just be on call for him. SHE, clearly knowing who he was, already going down the civil suit after the incident and getting a hefty payout.
Then it dies down, people get in her ear " chance for another earn here" tell all interview etc etc. He thinks it's gone away, time for cheque book or cash or do you take credit ?

Its not really anyone making her keep quiet, she pretty much spent all the money and is looking for a new injection.
Lol, and how did she get the money in the first place? A payment to keep quiet about her rape. *s sake you're hopeless.

not saying he has or hasn't raped her but has the incident actually been stated and confirmed as a rape by the relevant authorities?

It was confirmed as rape in Ronaldo's own admission to his lawyers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was confirmed as rape in Ronaldo's own admission to his lawyers.

Ronaldo's lawyers have stated that is a false document FWIW after law firms were targeted by hackers in 2015.

Der Spiegel have responded saying that they check the validity of their sources before publishing information but refuse to disclose their source.

This case hinges on those documents pretty much. If they can be substantiated he is going down. If not it will be difficult to charge him with the victim not reporting the crime until the next day and/or refusing to name the location of the alleged crime /identity of her attacker. At the very least this case shows all victims should not hesitate to go to the police immediately with all information to ensure that perpetrators get caught.

Perez surely was behind the scenes making sure this was kept quiet while he was at Real.

I wonder if Real / Ronaldos advisers disclosed all of this to Juve when completing his transfer?

Can a club do a background check on a player to uncover something like this though? Given it is still at the allegation stage and he's not been charged with anything, at what point does it cross the line of the player's right to privacy? Add a player's history of drug use into this too, I suppose.

If Real have sold him knowing this could blow up any minute, and kept it from Juve, then that is a pretty s**t campaigner thing to do. But then what else would you expect from that classless campaigner of an organization?

Can a club do a background check on a player to uncover something like this though? Given it is still at the allegation stage and he's not been charged with anything, at what point does it cross the line of the player's right to privacy? Add a player's history of drug use into this too, I suppose.

If Real have sold him knowing this could blow up any minute, and kept it from Juve, then that is a pretty s**t campaigner thing to do. But then what else would you expect from that classless campaigner of an organization?

It is an interesting one. I find it hard to believe Perez / RM didn't know about this with it literally happening days after his signing.

Ronaldo's lawyers have stated that is a false document FWIW after law firms were targeted by hackers in 2015.

Der Spiegel have responded saying that they check the validity of their sources before publishing information but refuse to disclose their source.

This case hinges on those documents pretty much. If they can be substantiated he is going down. If not it will be difficult to charge him with the victim not reporting the crime until the next day and/or refusing to name the location of the alleged crime /identity of her attacker. At the very least this case shows all victims should not hesitate to go to the police immediately with all information to ensure that perpetrators get caught.

Yes of course they will say it’s a leaked document. They’d be crazy to concede anything about that is true.

So much hinges on that issue of consent.

*If* it’s true that Ronaldo conceded that she was repeatedly saying “no” and “stop”, then he’s ****ed. Absolutely ****ed. And quite rightly so.

It is an interesting one. I find it hard to believe Perez / RM didn't know about this with it literally happening days after his signing.
Also puts United's lack of interest into context. People at the top must have known there was a shitstorm coming.

Yes of course they will say it’s a leaked document. They’d be crazy to concede anything about that is true.

So much hinges on that issue of consent.

*If* it’s true that Ronaldo conceded that she was repeatedly saying “no” and “stop”, then he’s ******. Absolutely ******. And quite rightly so.

Der Spiegel aren't really helping with their response either. They are saying "they have no reason to believe the documents they published are not fakes" but are refusing to disclose their source.

Mayogra's lawyer isn't helping things either by saying Ronaldo's lawyers need to prove that the documents are fake.

Law doesn't work that way. Everyone is entitled to a presumption of innocence - if they are going to use the document against him it is up to them to prove it is legitimate. If it can't be substantiated it isn't much use in a criminal case. Could be used in a civil case I guess.

I still can't believe Perez kept this under wraps for 8 + years.

Der Spiegel aren't really helping with their response either. They are saying "they have no reason to believe the documents they published are not fakes" but are refusing to disclose their source.

Mayogra's lawyer isn't helping things either by saying Ronaldo's lawyers need to prove that the documents are fake.

Law doesn't work that way. Everyone is entitled to a presumption of innocence - if they are going to use the document against him it is up to them to prove it is legitimate. If it can't be substantiated it isn't much use in a criminal case. Could be used in a civil case I guess.

I still can't believe Perez kept this under wraps for 8 + years.

Yes the more you think about it, the more likely it is that Madrid were aware of the issue.

It occurred just days after he was signed. And I’m not sure how long the civil proceedings went for in the background, but you’d think it would’ve been weeks/months to reach the settlement.

That would have perhaps coincided with Ronaldo training with the squad pre season and/or the start of the new season. With such a significant issue happening in the background, a select few senior officials at RM would surely have known.

Not necessarily saying that they were aware it’s about to blow up again before selling him to Juve, but it does get you thinking.

Amazing developments, fair to say there are a few questionable discrepancies between those two Q+A documents by Ronaldo. Not difficult to see why.

I respect what Der Spiegel are doing here. Despite the intimidation tactics of Ronaldo’s lawyers, they continue to move forward regardless.

s**t is going to get real soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back