Eaglespur

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Is it just me or do others see a bit of Guy McKenna in Duggan at half back ?
As we know players like that don't come around to often. Tough, level head and good disposal.
Yeo needs to run off the back of the square. Serious weapon if he can continue his form.
No idea, i was like 10 when Bluey retired :)

Eaglespur

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Mainly agree - many on the board are having trouble with that.

The role of rebounding HBF and defensive outside wing are pretty similar so I can see him excelling at both.
I feel like we now have some reasonable young midfielders we can develop instead of trying to create one.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Depends on how his fitness has progressed. Just doing his 3rd preseason and looks like he has cut down a fraction. Last year he looked bulked up but now starting to show more definition.

Dugs is still only 20 remember so give him another two years before he physically starts to peak. Hence J voted mainly half back but some time mid.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Duggan strength confuses me to be honest. There's moments he floors/ nails much larger opponents and then there's moments where he struggles to break out of tackles and we all go he needs to get stronger. Im not saying this because i sponsor him but i legit am a massive fan of him. One of his early traits was his ability for him to wriggle under heavy packs to dig the ball out but just just lacked the strength to get it off to a player.

Im more bullish about Duggan as a mid than Yeo. This is purely because Duggan was drafted as player with high footy iq and i think us playing him purely as HHF with minute minutes on ball has ruined his confidence. His contested work is actually pretty good and like i said above, its his size and strength thats got in his way of show casing that side of his game. Hopefully mitch works with him closely this season and he has a big year in the gym. He could really be dangerous in the guts for us with his pure gut running capabilities as well.

Feel Duggan regained that confidence after playing back last year. Just that bump speding Fyfe face rst into to dirt was a massive plus.

So I would keep him back there and slowly increase his midfield time.

Aug 1, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Duggan looks to have bulked up considerably,
Maybe midfield is a go.
7fee0c8a062d30efab66648b784f590b.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mico89

Team Captain
Apr 26, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Unless Yeo spends a lot of time working with Mitchell and Van Berlo this pre season I'm not sure if he has the football knowledge to be a midfielder. I think he is more damaging off half back. Because he is a marking machine he is better off as a defensive intercept mark then to use his speed to rebound through the midfield. Gov, Yeo, Barrass not a bad trio top have in the backline.

2_10CoWC14GF0660.jpg

Yeo is too stupid to play anywhere other than behind the ball.

He just had a gun season off the HBF and was AA for his position. Why would you change one of the few things that went right last year?

Might as well throw Gov forward too whilst we're at it.

Except he played lots of the season not on the HBF during his AA year also.

Elliot is only 24 this season. If he can get it right playing around the ball it would be an epic, epic win for us. Worth persisting with for another 2 seasons I would have thought.

Except he played lots of the season not on the HBF during his AA year also.

Elliot is only 24 this season. If he can get it right playing around the ball it would be an epic, epic win for us. Worth persisting with for another 2 seasons I would have thought.
Yeah and all his outstanding games whoch got hom AA (namely first half of the year) were all off the HBF.

His poorer games were when Simpson moved him elsewhere.

Back