Everybody's random stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

A question..

Mum is in a unit in a retirement type block, she cancelled her landline phone a fair while ago......work has been going on out the front of the units for NBN and one of the residents said they were told the residents would have to pay for it to be put to the individual units and they have to do it.

As they are rentals, shouldn't the owners pay for the connection to the unit landline, but if the residents want to connect for internet purposes they would then pay?

Just seems to me mum shouldn't have to pay for actual connection when she won't ever be using it and doesn't have a house phone.

...just wondered if anyone here might have some knowledge on who pays what in a rental situation.

A question..

Mum is in a unit in a retirement type block, she cancelled her landline phone a fair while ago......work has been going on out the front of the units for NBN and one of the residents said they were told the residents would have to pay for it to be put to the individual units and they have to do it.

As they are rentals, shouldn't the owners pay for the connection to the unit landline, but if the residents want to connect for internet purposes they would then pay?

Just seems to me mum shouldn't have to pay for actual connection when she won't ever be using it and doesn't have a house phone.

...just wondered if anyone here might have some knowledge on who pays what in a rental situation.

The landlord might choose to install it to add a selling point but no, they are under no obligation to do so. Same sort of situation as Foxtel. If you don’t have an outlet, it’s kinda up to you as the tenant to get it done if you want it (with your landlord’s permission of course),

We rent and paid for our own NBN installation. It didn’t cost much at all if I recall correctly.

.....the units are owned by the local church, and I thought the connection from the road to the unit on the outside would on the owners, but would be on the resident to pay if they want to connect on the inside for using the NBN...

...there is only one person here who would connect it for internet use.

.....the units are owned by the local church, and I thought the connection from the road to the unit on the outside would on the owners, but would be on the resident to pay if they want to connect on the inside for using the NBN...

...there is only one person here who would connect it for internet use.

Is Foxtel connected? Reason I ask...there is a hybrid NBN available through Foxtel

https://www.nbnco.com.au/residentia...ogy/hybrid-fibre-coaxial-explained-hfc-3.html

Chin up.......it could've been a Pies win yesterday;)

Seriously, life is a bitch at times, been through a bit myself over the journey, but you just have to keep slogging away, keeping a smile on your face as if you haven't a care in the world and eventually you wake up and actually see the sun and realise that the day isn't so bad after all...

..hard to hear when you are feeling down, but it's true when I look back on things. Besides, we have much to look forward to the next couple of years with our Lions boys.....that's enough to keep a person optimistic.

Take care, cheers:)

Man, two separate incidents today already and it's only 10am.

View attachment 566254
I still remember the time I was lying on the bed having a laugh with my wife and two girls and my oldest, a boy who was about 8 then, comes in and asks what's going on? What are we laughing at? Out of the blue I said "Oh it's punch Dad in the Nose Day!" and POW he clocks me straight on the shnozz. A different group of 4 family members was laughing then. :mad::D:'(

I still remember the time I was lying on the bed having a laugh with my wife and two girls and my oldest, a boy who was about 8 then, comes in and asks what's going on? What are we laughing at? Out of the blue I said "Oh it's punch Dad in the Nose Day!" and POW he clocks me straight on the shnozz. A different group of 4 family members was laughing then. :mad::D:'(
See, if I was your kid the very next thing I’d have done was to add that to the calendar for next year

Didn’t Know where else to post.

We have a new Lions supporter and future AFLW player.

A bit early, and emergency c section this morning.

Mum and Bub are doing really well.

When baby was born, the nurse sitting with Mum and me said baby has long legs, fingers and feet, and said she should be a tennis or golf player. Mum straight away said, “no, she will be a football player”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love living in SE Qld but you need luck with the storms. This picture of the Kingaroy mother who shielded her child from the tennis ball-sized hail inside her car last week is frightening. Makes getting multiple windows and a shower screen broken in the November 2016 Brisbane storm seem not so bad.

Hot take warning...

That's brutal but 99.9 percent of parents would do the exact same thing. It's admirable, but an award for it is unnecessary, and if anything, cheapens parenting and the countless acts of self-sacrifice parents are doing for their kids every day around the state. Feels like a cheap media play by Palaszczuk to me.

If she did it for a stranger's child... sure, go for it.

Last edited:
I'm sure he would, but receiving a bravery award?:huh:
That makes more sense. I read "Disagree entirely", and the synopsis I had of TBD's post was the first bit - "That's brutal but 99.9 percent of parents would do the exact same thing."

I guess if he was disagreeing entirely it'd also be that bit, but it seemed a funny one - "Ha, I'd let my child get hit!" Well, good on you? :p

Hot take warning...

That's brutal but 99.9 percent of parents would do the exact same thing. It's admirable, but an award for it is unnecessary, and if anything, cheapens parenting and the countless acts of self-sacrifice parents are doing for their kids every day around the state. Feels like a cheap media play by Palaszczuk to me.

If she did it for a stranger's child... sure, go for it.
I have a not dissimilar position on Australian of the Year awards going to people who take up a cause only after they suffer some personal loss or tragedy. While they invariably do good things, I am more moved by the very many people who take up a cause or spend their life working toward helping others in need or less fortunate because of their love of humanity.

Does she need an award when she can use the event for leverage for the rest of their lives?

"Oh you don't want to take out the rubbish? Well I didn't really want to have my back smashed by hail stones to protect you either..."

Does she need an award when she can use the event for leverage for the rest of their lives?

"Oh you don't want to take out the rubbish? Well I didn't really want to have my back smashed by hail stones to protect you either..."
It's the advanced version of the "do you know how long I was in labour with you???" card.

So I thought I had a job...they asked me to do a one-week trial. I accepted faster than a footy player leaving a northern club.

Hours 8.15 to 5.30. I left at 2. As much as I want a job, I can't do micromanagement, being overly critical and just a bad vibe from the place (no one talked to each other unless it was work-related).

Now I feel like s**t. I mean, I doubt I would have gotten the job anyway and staying in a place that makes you anxious is bad, but I still feel guilty. I don't want to be a bludger!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back