Oscar Allen

Remove this Banner Ad

If he, Ollen, doesn't end up in the midfield, he may well end up playing taller than his height as a swingman/utility a la Adam Hunter.

Last edited:

I think having OAllen and Brander waiting behind Jk and JD is like drafting a QB in the NFL and having them sit a year. There is an article on ESPN talking about the positives of learning under great players before having to really contribute.

Neither, but the point still stands that it would get him into the 22 quicker if he added that string to his bow
You would also probably fck up his young body by putting him in the ruck

If Brander wanted to get in the side earlier he could try his hand at some part time rucking
Called it.

One of Allen and Brander had to add part time rucking to their repertoire this year.

I thought it might have been Brander but Allen is the one who has pulled it off, and it’s secured him a regular spot in the side.

Called it.

One of Allen and Brander had to add part time rucking to their repertoire this year.

I thought it might have been Brander but Allen is the one who has pulled it off, and it’s secured him a regular spot in the side.

When we first drafted them, we all thought JB would be our next big forward and Oscar will be a tweener at either end. Now Oscar plays taller than he is, while Brander moves an plays like a much smaller bloke.

Once JK retires, I suspect JD/Allen will be our CHF/FF while Brander roams between the arcs.

Called it.

Vardy falling into a coma has helped too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you had your time again would you take him at #4 or LDU?
No. LDU is something special. I'm still pretty confident he'll end up being the best of that draft class. It's a shame he had that corked calf which kept him out of the weekend's game, as he is really starting to build on the back of a strong second half of 2020.
Getting some consistency/stringing games together & having Cunnington in the midfield with him will be a huge benefit.

I'm not sure how it shakes out with Darling and JK still being first-choice, plus Vardy. Is there a danger that the development of Brander, Allen and Waterman stalls because they don't play senior footy?

Do we assume that those guys don't play if JK and Darling are fit? Maybe we need to be more creative than that.
Never assume haha, We can play them all at once!

Question is why did he slide so far?

Sonething something tent

tl;dr

Late bloomer in terms of height, went from being a small defender to key position height (194cm) in the space of a few years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back