Solved Harvey Weinstein, rapist

Remove this Banner Ad

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
If my memory is right Harvey Weinstein was the beginning of the #metoo thing when allegations come out last year.

Harvey Weinstein Charged With Rape and Other Sex Crimes, Barred From Travel

By Gene Maddaus and Ramin Setoodeh May 25, 2018 4:29AM PT

UPDATED: Disgraced mogul Harvey Weinstein was formally arrested and charged Friday with rape and other acts of sexual misconduct, the latest development in the stunning downfall of a powerful producer whose taste and bullying persona once defined independent film.

Weinstein’s bond was set by a Manhattan court at $10 million. He paid $1 million in a cashier’s check to post bail, and agreed not to travel outside of New York State and Connecticut without advance permission from the court. He also agreed to wear a GPS-enabled monitoring device.

Wearing a dark jacket and clutching a small stack of books, Weinstein, 66, turned himself in to police in downtown New York shortly before 7:30 a.m., at a precinct besieged by reporters and news cameras. An hour later, just before 9 a.m., he left the police station in handcuffs.

Shortly afterward, he appeared in a Manhattan courthouse in the company of his lawyer, Benjamin Brafman, and surrendered his passport. Weinstein remained mostly silent throughout the proceedings, standing quietly as prosecutor Joan Illuzzi-Orbon described him as using his “position, money and power to lure young women into situations where he was able to violate them sexually.” Weinstein was arraigned on charges of first degree rape, forcible oral sex, and third degree rape. Brafman entered a not guilty plea.

The charges involve two alleged victims. The first is Lucia Evans, who came forward last fall with allegations that Weinstein forced her to perform oral sex at his Tribeca office in 2004. The rape charge concerns a woman who has not been identified, who alleges that Weinstein held her against her will at a Manhattan hotel room in 2013. According to the complaint, Weinstein forced the woman to have sex though she “had clearly expressed her lack of consent to the act.” The judge issued a protective order Friday, barring either side from releasing the woman’s name.

Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance has been under pressure to prosecute Weinstein, after declining to file a misdemeanor case involving an alleged groping of an Italian model three years ago. In a statement Friday, Vance said the case is active and ongoing, and urged other victims to come forward. The New York Police Department issued its own statement, offering thanks to “these brave survivors for their courage to come forward and seek justice.”

The two most serious charges — first degree rape and forcible oral sex — are Class B felonies in New York. Weinstein faces up to 25 years in prison if convicted.

“We intend to move very quickly to dismiss these charges,” Brafman said in a brief news conference outside the courthouse. He added that Weinstein has maintained that all sexual activity he engaged in “was consensual.”

Brafman later issued a statement alleging that the charges are “legally flawed and not supported by credible evidence.”

“Mr. Weinstein has always maintained that he has never engaged in non-consensual sexual behavior with anyone,” Brafman said. “Nothing about today’s proceedings changes Mr. Weinstein’s position. He has entered a plea of Not Guilty and fully expects to be exonerated.”

News crews had arrived at dawn Friday at the New York Police Department’s first precinct in Tribeca to capture the arrival of a man once accustomed to the flash of cameras and clamor of reporters on the red carpet. Officers set up barricades to try to contain the thicket of news media.

Weinstein’s arrest comes after more than 80 women accused him of sexual misconduct last fall, sparking an anti-harassment movement that spread around the world and exposed cultures of complicity in entertainment, media, sports and politics. Yet even as the stories piled up, the allegations against Weinstein stood apart, painting a portrait of a man for whom sexual assault had become a routine, enabled by his handlers and his unquestioned power in Hollywood.

In the New Yorker, Evans said Weinstein had forced her to perform oral sex during an audition in New York. “I said, over and over, ‘I don’t want to do this, stop, don’t,'” she said. But she said Weinstein simply ignored her and later acted as if nothing had happened. Paz de la Huerta said Weinstein raped her twice in her apartment. “I was so terrified of him,” she told Vanity Fair. “I did say no, and when he was on top of me I said, ‘I don’t want to do this.’ He kept humping me and it was disgusting. He’s like a pig.”

Weinstein’s alleged misconduct was one of the biggest open secrets in Hollywood. Yet he eluded public accountability for decades, protecting himself through secret payoffs and non-disclosure agreements. He allegedly threatened the careers of women who turned him down, and wielded such influence that the threats were taken seriously. The one woman who did report him to the police, Italian model Ambra Battilana, was smeared in the tabloids before prosecutors decided they did not have enough evidence to file a charge.

Ronan Farrow began to investigate the story last year, and soon Jodi Kantor and Megan Twohey of the New York Times joined in the pursuit. The Times’ investigation, published on Oct. 5, 2017, alleged that Weinstein had paid at least eight accusers for their silence. Farrow’s story appeared in the New Yorker five days later, including vivid and harrowing accounts from 13 women, including actresses Asia Argento, Mira Sorvino and Emma de Caunes. Soon, actresses such as Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie gave their own accounts of unwanted advances.

Weinstein fled to Arizona, where he hunkered down and promised to get treatment. As new allegations emerged in a string of lawsuits and news reports, he issued blanket denials that he had ever engaged in non-consensual sex. He also came to see himself as a scapegoat, unfairly singled out for the sins of powerful men everywhere.

Police agencies in Los Angeles, New York and London opened criminal investigations, while his company was forced into bankruptcy.

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/harvey-weinstein-arrest-sexual-assault-1202722844/

blackcat, why is he innocent?

Last edited:

Oh dear.............

Weinstein rape accuser told him 'I love you' in emails released by mogul's defence

3 August 2018 • 7:21pm

One of the women accusing Harvey Weinstein of rape told the film producer “I love you” and repeatedly sought to meet with him, according to a series of emails filed in court by the former film mogul's lawyers.

Weinstein, 66, was charged on May 25 with four counts of sexual assault and two of rape. Five days later a Grand Jury indicted him, allowing the case to proceed to trial.

Yesterday (FRI) Weinstein’s lawyers filed court documents seeking to dismiss the charges, which claim the producer was “in a long-term, consensual, intimate relationship” with the accuser.

Benjamin Brafman, the high-powered celebrity lawyer representing Weinstein, produced a selection of emails from 400 communications between Weinstein and the unnamed woman.

The woman has accused Weinstein of raping her on March 18, 2013, in New York City.

Mr Brafman sought to undermine her accusations by producing a series of emails which he claimed demonstrated affection, even four years after the night in question.

“I love you, always do,” she wrote on February 8, 2017. “But I hate feeling like a booty call. :)

The emails were made public after Mr Brafman won permission from the judge in New York. They were from his work email, which he was prevented accessing due to Weinstein Company bankruptcy proceedings in Delaware.

Weinstein had been seeking access to the emails since October, shortly after his ouster from the company, arguing that they would help him defend himself from sexual misconduct allegations, both in civil and criminal court. The bankruptcy court granted him access in May.

Mr Brafman characterised the conversation as part of “an exchange of more than 400 warm, complimentary and solicitous emails”, stating that “never once in those communications claiming to have ever been harmed by Mr Weinstein.”

She emailed Weinstein to ask for his help with securing membership of private members’ club Soho House, and also suggested bringing her mother to meet Weinstein.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ser-told-love-emails-released-moguls-defence/

......and to think that Chief would have all males immediately locked up for allegations like this.
You’re worried Harvey Weinstein might be arrested for sexual assault :) How sweet.

Yeah, without due process and the facts being tabled.
Did the police go to his house responding to a report of domestic violence in progress?

Did they?

If not, it doesn’t match the mandatory arrest laws in most jurisdictions that I looked at.

Happy to help you with anything else you don’t understand/didn’t even bother to read.

Did the police go to his house responding to a report of domestic violence in progress?

Did they?

If not, it doesn’t match the mandatory arrest laws in most jurisdictions that I looked at.

Happy to help you with anything else you don’t understand/didn’t even bother to read.

Rape isn't "domestic violence"?

......and to think that Chief would have all males immediately locked up for allegations like this.
Is that a rat with Andrew Gaff's face on it??? I was hoping he would go to Norf and be guaranteed on never winning a Premiership, keeping the karma boat going. Be thankful you didn't get him and now you have a chance to build up and you'll have a Premiership chance!

Rape isn't "domestic violence"?
We’re the police called out during or soon after the incident?

You know they weren’t.

You’re not a stupid man, you just play one on the internet.

We’re the police called out during or soon after the incident?

You know they weren’t.

You’re not a stupid man, you just play one on the internet.

I'll put my hand up in this instance. I have been stunned by the unearthing of your lapse in to draconian statism.

The word "liberal" is quite possibly the most bastardised word in the contemporary English language.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can give consent 400 times but only deny consent once for it still to be rape
Yesterday (FRI) Weinstein’s lawyers filed court documents seeking to dismiss the charges, which claim the producer was “in a long-term, consensual, intimate relationship” with the accuser.

Exactly - the state of the relationship has little bearing on what might have happened. Relationships like this are complex things, and time after time people act in ways that seem contradictory and illogical to onlookers.

But hiding these details is a very bad look.

You haven't answered this blackcat.
we have a few intersecting elements at play here. i will attempt to explain.

i think what most people are concerned here is with a legal definition(illegal), criminal, rape, by a powerful man who has created many enemies on his rise to the pinnacle of his industry.

but the paradox is, this definition requires a criminal court to deliver this finding.

Not the New Yorker and NY Times.

This definition of rape is not held to a standard by internet accusations and #metoo hashtags, no matter all the virtue signalling in the world.

Atm we have a death by a thousand cuts of the media, which is haemorrhaging revenue, and needs Bezos to prop it up. So it changes tack and resorts to emotive subject matter and click bait. It has effectively inverted the former gatekeeper model, and now resorts to animal instinct neurological prompts that emotive matter stimulates. Harvey rape headlines sell more copy, the story drove the press and web hits for months. Harvey was a good subject.

We have Trump, #notmypresident. And lots of angry beltway folk in the liberal press seeking blood when the Billy Bush Entertainment Tonight interview is leaked. We wanted HRC for chrissakes. #HormoneReplacementClinton ftw.

We get Russia, we get Harvey, we get Trump, we get the sadface narrative of HRC.
:( #sadface

All bullshit. That is what the media is.

Harvey deserves his day in court and his defense. He has had a defamation the likes of d'affaire Dreyfus.

but no... I will wait for the courts to find him guilty

This definition of rape is not held to a standard by internet accusations and #metoo hashtags, no matter all the virtue signalling in the world.

When they scream every Republican candidate is Hitler then it rather diminished the notion. #metoo the same.

Then they wonder how Trump got elected

#slowlearners

we have a few intersecting elements at play here. i will attempt to explain.

i think what most people are concerned here is with a legal definition(illegal), criminal, rape, by a powerful man who has created many enemies on his rise to the pinnacle of his industry.

but the paradox is, this definition requires a criminal court to deliver this finding.

Not the New Yorker and NY Times.

Atm we have a death by a thousand cuts of the media, which is haemorrhaging revenue, and needs Bezos to prop it up. So it changes tack and resorts to emotive subject matter and click bait. It has effectively inverted the former gatekeeper model, and now resorts to animal instinct neurological prompts that emotive matter stimulates. Harvey rape headlines sell more copy, the story drove the press and web hits for months. Harvey was a good subject.

We have Trump, #notmypresident. And lots of angry beltway folk in the liberal press seeking blood when the Billy Bush Entertainment Tonight interview is leaked. We wanted HRC for chrissakes. #HormoneReplacementClinton ftw.

We get Russia, we get Harvey, we get Trump, we get the sadface narrative of HRC.
:( #sadface

All bullshit. That is what the media is.

Harvey deserves his day in court and his defense. He has had a defamation the likes of d'affaire Dreyfus.

but no... I will wait for the courts to find him guilty

“You can’t call someone a rapist until a court finds them guilty”?

You haven’t lost your bojo after all these years, sonny.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jurors at Harvey Weinstein's US rape trial are set to begin deliberating in a case pitting accusers' often-harrowing testimony against the defense's contention that the acts were consensual.

The panel of seven men and five women received instructions in the law from the judge before beginning to weigh charges that Weinstein raped a woman in a Manhattan hotel room in 2013 and forcibly performed oral sex on another woman, TV and film production assistant Mimi Haleyi, in 2006.

Other accusers testified as part of the prosecution's effort to show he used the same tactics to victimise many women over the years.

In her closing argument on Friday, Illuzzi said that Weinstein treated the women who accused him like "complete disposables" and made them feel ashamed even though he was the one who was at fault.

"What he wants to do is he wants to get them in a situation where they feel stupid. If you feel stupid and belittled, belittled, stupid people do not complain," the prosecutor told jurors.

But defence lawyer Donna Rotunno said in her closing argument last week that the prosecutors had "created a universe that strips adult women of common sense, autonomy and responsibility."

Haleyi, a former (urgh) "Project Runway" production assistant, testified that Weinstein pushed her onto a bed and sexually assaulted her, undeterred by her kicks and pleas of, "No, please don't do this, I don't want it."

Jurors at Harvey Weinstein's US rape trial are set to begin deliberating in a case pitting accusers' often-harrowing testimony against the defense's contention that the acts were consensual.

The panel of seven men and five women received instructions in the law from the judge before beginning to weigh charges that Weinstein raped a woman in a Manhattan hotel room in 2013 and forcibly performed oral sex on another woman, TV and film production assistant Mimi Haleyi, in 2006.

Other accusers testified as part of the prosecution's effort to show he used the same tactics to victimise many women over the years.

In her closing argument on Friday, Illuzzi said that Weinstein treated the women who accused him like "complete disposables" and made them feel ashamed even though he was the one who was at fault.

"What he wants to do is he wants to get them in a situation where they feel stupid. If you feel stupid and belittled, belittled, stupid people do not complain," the prosecutor told jurors.

But defence lawyer Donna Rotunno said in her closing argument last week that the prosecutors had "created a universe that strips adult women of common sense, autonomy and responsibility."

Haleyi, a former (urgh) "Project Runway" production assistant, testified that Weinstein pushed her onto a bed and sexually assaulted her, undeterred by her kicks and pleas of, "No, please don't do this, I don't want it."

Why are you posting at 4.44am😀

Remove this Banner Ad

Back