Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe but you can't not do deals based on what might happen in 12 months.
The reality is Carlton are coming from a long way back and the younger players are probably two years away, the only way to fast track the improvement up the ladder is to attract a Shiel & Kelly type that will elevate the progression and trading away a 2019 1st pick for below elite talent is not a smart decision.

Weren’t you a massive advocate for us getting him?
Big contract off GCFC their books but you can’t be giving away top picks for almost zero. See if the Hawks can get him right - upstairs?
Hawks looking to bring in Scully & Scrimshaw for 3rd rounders, nicely played.
No wonder their always playing finals, great administration and very soild foundations. Sublime operators.

Agree with this.

Pick 1 this year won't be traded, as there wouldn't be a club stupid enough to give us what we would want to trade it.

Next years 1st is very much on the table. If SOS gets it right, he can turn it into multiple high end picks.
This bit is ok by me. Multiples next year would be a good result. Just not to throw it away on a player.

Could careless that Shiel nominated *, feel like he's nominated * on behalf of doing an supposed easier trade with GWS, would be a great pick up and a big up yours to * if we managed to steal Shiel from em and if it doesn't happen... stuff Shiel, stuff GWS and stuff *. :p:p

The reality is Carlton are coming from a long way back and the younger players are probably two years away, the only way to fast track the improvement up the ladder is to attract a Shiel & Kelly type that will elevate the progression and trading away a 2019 1st pick for below elite talent is not a smart decision.

Kelly would definitely help. No doubt, BUT he isn't the only option and losing that pick doesn't make it impossible to get him. So many options

Our young list and club will benefit more by adding quality now.

Big contract off GCFC books but you can’t be giving away top picks for almost zero. See if the Hawks can get him right - upstairs?
It may look that way at a glance but it wont stop a ship from slowly sinking. The thing is they can still get players to go there because of the past decade but clearly what they are getting is also sliding downwards compared to their heyday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I would love to stick it up to * I don't want a player who is not committed to us.

Think that’s a bit harsh. We’d welcome him with open arms.

Can’t see it happening, but it would be hilarious if it did...

Big contract off GCFC books but you can’t be giving away top picks for almost zero. See if the Hawks can get him right - upstairs?

I was. Rated him highly at draft time but that fact that he can't get games at GCS & they trade him for very little would have me concerned. Not sure he would be on a big contract?

We're not involved with Shiel any longer. GWS and Essendon are just doing the standard Dodoro trading dance.

GWS demands two firsts.

Dodoro offers a first round upgrade and a third rounder.

Wednesday: Shiel gets traded for a first round upgrade and a third rounder.

We're not involved with Shiel any longer. GWS and Essendon are just doing the standard Dodoro trading dance.

GWS demands two firsts.

Dodoro offers a first round upgrade and a third rounder.

Wednesday: Shiel gets traded for a first round upgrade and a third rounder.

I think the deal will get done for pick 9 + a mid 2nd rounder (value wise when they exchange other picks)

I don’t believe for a second that the Bombers will let this fall apart. It’s not just losing Shiel, no other club or player will want to deal with them after that. Completely undermines any future activity.

You would have thought that getting so much of your list suspended for systematic doping would have accomplished the same thing.

Apparently not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back