Rumour Busted Tim Kelly will be an Eagle next season

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is it so hard for Kelly, his manager, you and so many WCE supporters here to understand that he'd be welcome to go home 1year short of his contract for the sake of his child's autism and family by accepting the deal that Geelong negotiates for in it's best interests! It is TOTALLY on Geelong's terms coz Kelly is a CONTRACTED player, so he either wants to make a decision in his family's best interests, or he wants to make a decision in his own selfish interests! ...there's only one way that he can make himself not look like a flog and that is to accept the Freo deal!
At least he has one way not to look like a flog, unfortunately you don't have any such out.

agreed, can't believe the nerve he has to nominate a club, literally first time it's ever happened in the AFL
Agreed the nerve of him to want to use his child's illness to leave for WA and then reject the Freo deal!

Agreed the nerve of him to want to use his child's illness to leave for WA and then reject the Freo deal!

well its nice to know that geelong will just hold supposed flogs on their list, i must admit i've always had my suspicious, reinforced by how you conduct yourself on here

For a player that's 'not that great', why is the supposed deal 5 years? Why would you lock in a player for so long at such a low rate.

If he's crap, you'd want the option to get rid of him in 3.

Seems like WCE are trying to lock him in at a cheap rate, knowing he'll improve.

Definitely only worth pick 20 though.

For a player that's 'not that great', why is the supposed deal 5 years? Why would you lock in a player for so long at such a low rate.

If he's crap, you'd want the option to get rid of him in 3.

Seems like WCE are trying to lock him in at a cheap rate, knowing he'll improve.

Definitely only worth pick 20 though.

No need be so worried about it. The clubs are professional and will do their utmost to get a deal done. Geelong have every right to set a price on him and it’s up to the Eagles to negotiate as close as they can to that and if a deal can be done it will be.
It’s not about worth, it’s about what the deal gets done for if it does get done.
You of all people should understand what a player is worth and what you get them for are two totally different things.

No need be so worried about it. The clubs are professional and will do their utmost to get a deal done. Geelong have every right to set a price on him and it’s up to the Eagles to negotiate as close as they can to that and if a deal can be done it will be.
It’s not about worth, it’s about what the deal gets done for if it does get done.
You of all people should understand what a player is worth and what you get them for are two totally different things.
Oh I get it from a club perspective - my comment was more about the supporters perspective - "he's not that great" - but all the signs seem to point out the opposite.

Clearly the Eagles rate him and hope he'll bite on a long term, slightly above average wage, rather than a shorter deal and the chance to up his value in a few years.

There's no doubt a deal gets done - though it's looking more likely to happen next year.

Oh I get it from a club perspective - my comment was more about the supporters perspective - "he's not that great" - but all the signs seem to point out the opposite.

Clearly the Eagles rate him and hope he'll bite on a long term, slightly above average wage, rather than a shorter deal and the chance to up his value in a few years.

There's no doubt a deal gets done - though it's looking more likely to happen next year.

He is a good player as we both know. Supporters become very club bias when talking about these things, you can bet your bottom dollar if the situation was reversed we would be calling for the same.
These are opinion boards, nothing more and nothing less. It has no impact on a possible deal made by people who are paid to make these deals.

You only have to look at the potential Scully deal to see what a joke the whole system is.
Scully and Kelly both in the same boat. Scully a better player than Kelly.
Scully may get to the Hawks for pick 53, Geelong want a top 10 pick for Kelly.
The AFL involve themselves in Scully deal, why not involve themselves in kelly deal?

This is wrong on so many levels. The AFL should have no say at all in price of player movements. That should be set by clubs and the deal gets worked out between clubs.
Not even in FA should the AFL have any say in what player X is worth. The clubs should be setting the price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You only have to look at the potential Scully deal to see what a joke the whole system is.
Scully and Kelly both in the same boat. Scully a better player than Kelly.
Scully may get to the Hawks for pick 53, Geelong want a top 10 pick for Kelly.
The AFL involve themselves in Scully deal, why not involve themselves in kelly deal?

This is wrong on so many levels. The AFL should have no say at all in price of player movements. That should be set by clubs and the deal gets worked out between clubs.
Not even in FA should the AFL have any say in what player X is worth. The clubs should be setting the price.
What do you reckon about the rumour Scully's ankle is wrecked?

Another factor in that move is the salary cap squeeze at GWS - they're looking to offload him.

What do you reckon about the rumour Scully's ankle is wrecked?

Another factor in that move is the salary cap squeeze at GWS - they're looking to offload him.

The Hawks I don't think will take him if it is.
Even if salary cap is an issue why would you give up a bloke for pick 53 when you could get there top 10 draft pick for him?

The Hawks I don't think will take him if it is.
Even if salary cap is an issue why would you give up a bloke for pick 53 when you could get there top 10 draft pick for him?
Might not be worth the trouble - Hawks don't have a top 10 to trade anyway.

GWS might have other trade/draft ideas than getting in top 10 talent. They've had plenty of it and it hasn't really paid off.

well its nice to know that geelong will just hold supposed flogs on their list, i must admit i've always had my suspicious, reinforced by how you conduct yourself on here
I have never attacked you personally and luckily for you, I don't report for personal attacks on me either!

Oh don't they? That sounds familiar somehow...

Luckily for Hawthorn, GWS were prepared to accept unders because of their salary cap issues and because of Scully's injuries :(

Thankfully for Geelong, $170k isn't going to break the bank for someone as talented as Kelly.

Who's this tall chap that's in the mix for a trade? WC fans- is he any good?

I think you may be referring to Jarrod Brander? Vozzo et al were pretty unequivocal about not trading him.

He slipped to our first pick (13?) last year and is a tall forward / back, who along with Oscar Allen are seen as the future of our forward line. He's also contracted until 2021 and I can't see him going anywhere.

He also happened to be a WC supporter growing up, but is from Geelong, so I suppose that's why his name was thrown up.

I think you may be referring to Jarrod Brander? Vozzo et al were pretty unequivocal about not trading him.

He slipped to our first pick (13?) last year and is a tall forward / back, who along with Oscar Allen are seen as the future of our forward line. He's also contracted until 2021 and I can't see him going anywhere.

He also happened to be a WC supporter growing up, but is from Geelong, so I suppose that's why his name was thrown up.

Brander is not from Geelong, he just went to a boarding school there for a little while. Family was from NSW originally and then I think moved to Mildura maybe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back