Traded Tom Scully [traded to Hawthorn for a future fourth round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Please, when comparing players you dont just cherry pick moments that suits your agenda. Who is the more prolific goal kicker?
Actually compare all the top wingmen for 2018 and tell me who is on top in regards to goals.
Go on.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mercenary for hire! Mercenary for hire! Anyone need my services? Essendon? No? Hawthorn?

Did Carlton not put Thomas through a medical?

Don’t get me wrong, if he comes back and plays 2017 football, the deal looks an absolute steal. Just saying from what I understand, that’s a big if
Sorry Hawks doctors who examined Scully, from what Bigfooty guy knows, he is in trouble.

I'm not sure why the sour faces over the Scully deal. He was contracted and GWS moved him on so Scully should be able to, and did choose his destination club. GWS agreed, Hawks got their man and Scully is now a happy camper. Win, win, win.

This, it is pretty simple.
  1. GWS want to dump his salary.
  2. Scully says fine, but on these terms.
  3. GWS agree - deal gets done.
The main reason this deal has happened is because Hawthorn have a heap of cap space with nothing better to spend it on. That very circumstance rules out half the clubs in the AFL and the other half are quite frankly rabbles.

Dont shoot me, no i dont know Tom's injury fully just what i read in the last 15 mins.

What i can add is i think i had the exact same injury, plus i then had the same with bone bruising and i believe this is where the trouble is.

After first surgery i could put full weight on the joint after 2 weeks, the rehabilitation was very quick and i was jogging 6 weeks later and full running 12 weeks later. For no reason from time to time i couldn't walk on the ankle, scans revealed bone bruising i went for a second op 7 months after the first thats when they took the metal out and done an op on the bruising, you are non weight bearing for 6 weeks, this took a full year to recover from (run) and 2 years of serious rehab to reach full mobility in the ankle

So after all that if Scullys recovery is the same as mine i can see him easily sitting out next year and being fully fit for 2020 as a 29 yr old.

Its a low risk trade at what they paid but they need a lot to go right for it to pay off

Did Carlton not put Thomas through a medical?

Don’t get me wrong, if he comes back and plays 2017 football, the deal looks an absolute steal. Just saying from what I understand, that’s a big if
Agree with you. It’s a risk-weighted deal and it won’t have a ‘meh’ outcome - it will either be a complete dud or a raging success.

If our guys think it’s a good bet then I’m happy. Pretty sure some patience will be required before we know whether this was a good bet or not.

At the very least we know Scully will give 100% and won’t die wondering.

- CS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back