List Mgmt. Welcome: Tyson Stengle, new Crow!

Remove this Banner Ad

You’d hope most players we trade for are to play AFL but at this stage I can’t see them making the 22 first up, would much rather gallucci and Betts.
Our side needs an urgent injection of speed & pressure .....all 4 can play in the same side

Depends I guess on who we draft aswell, I definitely don’t see all four of them playing.
Hopefully Brad is back for some well needed speed.
Smith back as well ....Milera hopefully into the midfield, with a rejuvenated Brad Crouch ....McAdam I think definitely plays & I'd have him over MacKay

We can talk all year about being slow & expect just Brad & Smith changes that perception .....No, we have to inject even more speed, which is why these 2 guys have been traded for

It'll be Murphy V Stengle

Smith back as well ....Milera hopefully into the midfield, with a rejuvenated Brad Crouch ....McAdam I think definitely plays & I'd have him over MacKay

We can talk all year about being slow & expect just Brad & Smith changes that perception .....No, we have to inject even more speed, which is why these 2 guys have been traded for

It'll be Murphy V Stengle
Reckon we’ll go a small instead of McGovern or go with Fogarty?

I wonder if we might use Fogarty through the 3rd tall defender role and shuffle Doedee into more that Cheney/Kelly role. We need to get games into Fog, but our forward line is probably tall enough with Walker, Jenkins and Lynch, need more mobile players around them.

Think you'll find, both these players were traded for, not to play SANFL ......trade for need, traded for speed & pressure .....big tick :thumbsu:
And not necessarily for year 2019 but for longer term. At least one of them should be getting a regular AFL game next year, ideally both! Eddie Betts is not going to go on forever and we did the smart thing in recruiting a couple of potential replacements to be his understudies for a year or two.

And not necessarily for year 2019 but for longer term. At least one of them should be getting a regular AFL game next year, ideally both! Eddie Betts is not going to go on forever and we did the smart thing in recruiting a couple of potential replacements to be his understudies for a year or two.
Stiffy, we suffered last year by just playing Betts as the lone small forward ....I expect there to be two this year

You’d hope most players we trade for are to play AFL but at this stage I can’t see them making the 22 first up, would much rather gallucci and Betts.
The plan with Gallucci is to have him developed as a midfielder. He was "blooded" into the side as a small, pressure forward last year because we didn't really have many other options. We lost Charlie on the last day of trade (were we genuinely thought we would keep him and Lions would not come to the table with pick 12 - they were offering 18).

This time there are other options penciled in for those roles which frees up Gallucci to play further up the ground in a position we recruited him for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stiffy, we suffered last year by just playing Betts as the lone small forward ....I expect there to be two this year
So essentially 2 from Knight, McAdam and Stengle. The way I see it, Pyke sees Knight as a really important player to our structure and best 22 so it's out of McAdam and Stengle for the other spot.

I could be wrong but that is how I see it at the moment.

So essentially 2 from Knight, McAdam and Stengle. The way I see it, Pyke sees Knight as a really important player to our structure and best 22 so it's out of McAdam and Stengle for the other spot.

I could be wrong but that is how I see it at the moment.

Don't rate the Smurph?

Love the story, love the heart, not sure the talent is there for longevity in the role that we have played him in. Others clearly more talented than him.

The good thing with smurph is talent isn't hugely important with the role he's fighting for. If he can improve his defensive numbers a bit more (they're quite good already) and get up to a production of 25-35 goals, he'll have a long career as a defensive small forward.

He may end up relying in us switching away from a 4 tall forwardline though.

Love the story, love the heart, not sure the talent is there for longevity in the role that we have played him in. Others clearly more talented than him.

I think as a secondary small forward he can suffice. He's got the pace, he's got the mongrel, he's got the endeavour and he's got some real toughness to him. A raking left boot is also a handy option, when you can have a small forward that can slot them from 55m.

Just doesn't obviously have that natural goal sense and X-factor, which may develop as he continues to play the role but I think he can get buy anyway with his other attributes.

He's great depth as a small defender also.

The good thing with smurph is talent isn't hugely important with the role he's fighting for. If he can improve his defensive numbers a bit more (they're quite good already) and get up to a production of 25-35 goals, he'll have a long career as a defensive small forward.

He may end up relying in us switching away from a 4 tall forwardline though.

I think as a secondary small forward he can suffice. He's got the pace, he's got the mongrel, he's got the endeavour and he's got some real toughness to him. A raking left boot is also a handy option, when you can have a small forward that can slot them from 55m.

Just doesn't obviously have that natural goal sense and X-factor, which may develop as he continues to play the role but I think he can get buy anyway with his other attributes.

He's great depth as a small defender also.
All fair points but more talented kids will eventually overtake him. If McAdam is as good as advertised, then his adds more offensive impact without sacrificing the defensive impact. Similatly with Stengle, his tackling numbers are good in the VFL. Doesn't mean anything really but if we can take those at face value, then he is another one that adds a bit more offense but not necessarily at the expense of defensive pressure inside 50.

I think Murphy will have an AFL career but might end up going to another club to get more opportunities. One thing is for sure though, the kid will not die wondering. Super heart and will give it everything he has. Literally!

All fair points but more talented kids will eventually overtake him. If McAdam is as good as advertised, then his adds more offensive impact without sacrificing the defensive impact. Similatly with Stengle, his tackling numbers are good in the VFL. Doesn't mean anything really but if we can take those at face value, then he is another one that adds a bit more offense but not necessarily at the expense of defensive pressure inside 50.

I think Murphy will have an AFL career but might end up going to another club to get more opportunities. One thing is for sure though, the kid will not die wondering. Super heart and will give it everything he has. Literally!

Yeah agree on all that, I think McAdam if he can continue to emulate his work rate from this year into an AFL program will walk into our forward line. But given this may be Betts and maybe even Douglas' last year, along with Mackay potentially being phased out soon, I think there's still some wiggle room for Murph at HF or maybe in a variety of roles like Mackay, if he continues this upwards trajectory.

As you said, he just won't die wondering, and that attitude coupled with some of his other traits, imo makes for a very handy player and someone I think who would be well suited to finals footy.

Stengle has the makings to go through the midfield/high half forward. Too small now, and not the tank, but he sees the game as good as anyone so you really want those players up the ground doing damage with the ball. He reminds me very much of Shane Edwards. Took years to build up the size/stamina/strength to play through the midfield consistently. Stengle has way more core strength than Edwards, but not quite the speed, so he could get there earlier. Most Tiger supporters were willing to give him time, too late now. He is a footballer first and an athlete second, good trait to have.

I’d play McAdam in McGovern’s spot. Stengle & Murphy fight it out for a small forward role.
Gallucci to spend some time across half forward with short rotations on ball.

I want to see Fogarty developed at CHB. He is big and strong, great in the air, uses the ball well. I can see him play similar to Michae Hurley. Then in a couple of years when Tex is getting past it, Fogarty can play forward.

HF McAdam Walker Lynch
FF Betts Jenkins Stengle/Murphy
Interchange Gallucci (fwd/mid)

Milera to spend time across half back and rotations on-ball.

How so ? ...McGovern out & Stengle and McAdam in ......by my calculations, we're in the positive

You can't be serious.

A tall forward, whom most on this board have commented that he has the potential to be a star Vs 2 x sanfl players.

BTW the overrating of McAdam on this board just shows how damaged the supporters psyche has become given so many disasters, player exoduses and implosions. We will try and manufacture a win wherever we can.

BTW the overrating of McAdam on this board just shows how damaged the supporters psyche has become given so many disasters, player exoduses and implosions. We will try and manufacture a win wherever we can.

Or it's just people looking at his tools, and our side desperate need for those things. He'll be a round 1 starter without a doubt at this point of time, especially factoring we struggled to replace Cameron (which surprised me to a degree).

I agree he's been overrated a tad (as all mature age recruits have been this year), but equally, I'm not going to begrudge anyone for being really excited for McAdams seeing what he could end up being. Small forwards equally isn't a difficult transition from 2nd tier to AFL, especially if they're already super quick (which our new kid is).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back