Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that there are basically no more worthy players to chase, I reckon we can sum up our trade period.

We went into it with the specific aim of bolstering our midfield with good mature aged players:

we had a No.1 pick, 2x second rounders, 2x state league players and some later picks to bargain with.

We end up using our 2x second rounders, our 2x state league players and even a future second rounder to secure a 4th line Adelaide forward, a kid who has played just 2 games because he’s been injured most of the time and a free agent no one else wanted.

Not only did we use all of our available currency beside pick 1 on 2 players that werent our most reunited positions, but we didn’t bring in a single mature midfielder while at the same time watching all these other teams bring in good mature players cheaply.

I think you need a cuppa and a good lie down Nan.

Now that there are basically no more worthy players to chase, I reckon we can sum up our trade period.

We went into it with the specific aim of bolstering our midfield with good mature aged players:

we had a No.1 pick, 2x second rounders, 2x state league players and some later picks to bargain with.

We end up using our 2x second rounders, our 2x state league players and even a future second rounder to secure a 4th line Adelaide forward, a kid who has played just 2 games because he’s been injured most of the time and a free agent no one else wanted.

Not only did we use all of our available currency beside pick 1 on 2 players that werent our most reunited positions, but we didn’t bring in a single mature midfielder while at the same time watching all these other teams bring in good mature players cheaply.

Reunited positions?

Really?

Laugh Button.

I bet you're fun at parties

Just a quick recap of the last few hours:

#bluemour

#bluemost

Even Jimmae's NON DISCUSSION posts involve world record multi-quotes.... ;)

But seriously Jim, great work. I'm 50 pages behind, that is super useful! :thumbsu:

Or...we brought in McGovern, Setterfield and Fasolo who will walk into our first 22. And possibly Newman.

And with our number 1 pick we'll be getting another midfielder who will be ready to go from round 1. So 5 possible starting 22 players in a single trade/draft period for a club who finished with 2 wins last season.

But please, let us know what you would have done differently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, the club said we were targeting players in the 22-27 range, McGovern, Fasolo, Setterfield (bonus that he is younger). No where did I read that these mature age players had to be midfielders.

And, still time to add more "mature" bodies

23 mins ago Sam McClure Twitter said Carlton has spectacular won the race for Shiel? Can anybody confirm??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back