Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. And FWIW, I reckon Silvagni did well. Added 3 clear and one fringe best 22, lost nobody, kept our first rounders. Didn’t get Shiel, but we did come last - amazing we were in it at all. Once we missed Shiel we were never going to blow next year’s first or the salary cap space on an average, seasoned mid. Both those things - the cap space and the pick - are too valuable if we rise a bit and are therefore an attractive destination for a proper gun (Kelly, Coniglio, who knows who else) next year
Pick 1 on the table EP?

Thanks. And FWIW, I reckon Silvagni did well. Added 3 clear and one fringe best 22, lost nobody, kept our first rounders. Didn’t get Shiel, but we did come last - amazing we were in it at all. Once we missed Shiel we were never going to blow next year’s first or the salary cap space on an average, seasoned mid. Both those things - the cap space and the pick - are too valuable if we rise a bit and are therefore an attractive destination for a proper gun (Kelly, Coniglio, who knows who else) next year
Thanks mate. What do you by - “we came last”?

Reckon SOS got it done without giving up much of anything …… what will be interesting is to see on draft night the knock backs he dishes out for potential Pick 1 offers ….. reckon Adelaide and GC will come hard prior to announcing the pick number one slot …...
Quite aside from the urge to make a joke from your choice of words... we'd be mad to knock back two picks in the top six if it came to that. I also think we can do without the pressure that pick one brings. Let GC bask in the symbolism of a glorious new rebuild with the first two picks in the draft.

And that's exactly why we can't say SOS didn't do well - who did we miss out on? You can't say we missed someone who didn't actually "nominate" to play for us.

The way we used the state league players and don't have any second round picks can be argued as the wrong way to do it, but that's the strategy we've chosen and we'll have to see how it works out.

Exactly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's a tad early but I sense coniglio is target number 1 ?

Hugh Goddard vs. Keiran Collins ... which one for a DFA spot?

Goddard, but I'm not convinced we'll pick up either.

Would rather hold Rowe for one last year and either take Hugh as a rookie or invite him down to the Northern Blues.

Thanks mate. What do you by - “we came last”?

We came last in 2018...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back