Live Event 2018 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

I just read Karl The WC Flogg's twitter rant questioning our clubs charachter with our draft choices
I suggest he F@@k's off with his Cousin,his Gardner , his Mayne man and maybee looks at his own clubs drunk drug drivers and wife bashers- cowards punchers- biters before he opens his maggot yellow and infested trap about us
Sorry for my rant but that peroxide brain dead hypocrite made my blood boil
No wonder i have and always will hate those yellow scum

I just read Karl The WC Flogg's twitter rant questioning our clubs charachter with our draft choices
I suggest he F@@k's off with his Cousin,his Gardner , his Mayne man and maybee looks at his own clubs drunk drug drivers and wife bashers- cowards punchers- biters before he opens his maggot yellow and infested trap about us

Here’s the beauty.

You just know the leak came from someone Freo to someone Eagles. It drove Hogan’s price down because the initial Freo ‘insider’ knew these muppets would run it on their Eagle friendly shows.

Like I said before. They out there playing checkers... Bell playing chess!

Karl said that Jesse Hogan’s mum told him before the prelim that Jesse was happy in Melbourne and was not interested in coming back to Perth.

Karl then ran with the story that Jesse was not coming home. Tonight on 882 Karl went off about being lied to.

His ego had been badly damaged and he has spent the afternoon blocking his critics on twitter.

Karl said that Jesse Hogan’s mum told him before the prelim that Jesse was happy in Melbourne and was not interested in coming back to Perth.

Karl then ran with the story that Jesse was not coming home. Tonight on 882 Karl went off about being lied to.

His ego had been badly damaged and he has spent the afternoon blocking his critics on twitter.

Jessie Hogan = what a player
Jessie’s mum = what a playa!

Lots of talk on WCE board that we were chasing Kelly with pick 14 at the end - anyone confirm if this was true?

Rosich was asked on 3AW with an hour to go and said we won't die wondering ...think it's true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or I wish that I had Jesse's Mum......wait....ahh nar yours is better

It is hard to be a Freo fan and not have a chip on the old shoulder. But, that is what makes us great. We have always done things a little differently, and we have always upset the Victorians (well most years - inexplainably for having a defensive style, when the likes of Sydney and West Coast actually started it (yes I think Ross was there originally, but he was not head honcho) and we have always had the WA media offside simply because they are all Subi\WCE boys that have gone into the media. Freo boys like Haze have to toe the line, and he has a tough job to be neutral, but everyone needs a meal ticket.

One thing we need to do is not focus on any negatives at the moment IMO. We have had the best draft period in our history. The best 2 successive drafts in our history. We should all be stoked. The media will always be the media and I think we cop it more than most, but that is not going anywhere in a hurry.

I will start with Coyler. He only played 8 games this year, and not very impressive. The year before he played 22 of 23 games in a team that played finals and he played a solid game in that elimination final.. He also cost us nothing. A future fourth round pick. About pick 70-80. With our tall timber it may be a master stroke. This "thing" of comparing to other players on our list means nothing, and it really stinks IMO (when in a negative). They all do pre-season, the ones that work hard might make it, some may not. They are better at something than I have ever been at anything, so I wish them the best. There have been numerous examples of fringe players making a massive difference, and high profile players flopping - we are testament to this as a club!

So the Bell tactics thing. Bell has a law degree, and I think those skills prevailed. He is clearly a good poker player, because he had even us guessing. I think Travis King was the main one saying that it was still all on. One thing is clear. We have kept the players in the loop that were in negotiations, and Hogan and Lobb and management kept extremely quiet, as apposed to the sympathy card getting played for Kelly by West Coast. That was sloppy IMO. At the end of the day, it is all a game, and everyone wants an outcome, but you need to identify your price and not budge too much. Geelong did well, as they will likely get a top 14 pick for Kelly next year if he has a similar year. If he gets injured his manager will look like a first rate arse clown.

So we won draft week. Hawks did great, and they get no scrutiny and we do. So where do we go from here. Do we celebrate and enjoy, or do we find something to complain about? Do we let that chip on our shoulder hang around, or do we start to look forward to a revamped team.

Personally, I am smiling, enjoying some beverages, and excited for 2019 and beyond. I am actually really, really stoked with this trade week.

Last edited:
It is hard to be a Freo fan and not have a chip on the old shoulder. But, that is what makes us great. We have always done things a little differently, and we have always upset the Victorians (well most years - inexplainably for having a defensive style, when the likes of Sydney and West Coast actually started it (yes I think Ross was there originally, but he was not head honcho) and we have always had the WA media offside simply because they are all Subi\WCE boys that have gone into the media. Freo boys like Haze have to toe the line, and he has a tough job to be neutral, but everyone needs a meal ticket.

One thing we need to do is not focus on any negatives at the moment IMO. We have had the best draft period in our history. The best 2 successive drafts in our history. We should all be stoked. The media will always be the media and I think we cop it more than most, but that is not going anywhere in a hurry.

I will start with Coyler. He only played 8 games this year, and not very impressive. The year before he played 22 of 23 games in a team that played finals and he played a solid game in that elimination final.. He also cost us nothing. A future fourth round pick. About pick 70-80. With our tall timber it may be a master stroke. This "thing" of comparing to other players on our list means nothing, and it really stinks IMO (when in a negative). They all do pre-season, the ones that work hard might make it, some may not. They are better at something than I have ever been at anything, so I wish them the best. There have been numerous examples of fringe players making a massive difference, and high profile players flopping - we are testament to this as a club!

So the Bell tactics thing. Bell has a law degree, and I think those skills prevailed. He is clearly a good poker player, because he had even us guessing. I think Travis King was the main one saying that it was still all on. One thing is clear. We have kept the players in the loop that were in negotiations, and Hogan and Lobb and management kept extremely quiet, as apposed to the sympathy card getting played for Kelly by West Coast. That was sloppy IMO. At the end of the day, it is all a game, and everyone wants an outcome, but you need to identify your price and not budge too much. Geelong did well, as they will likely get a top 14 pick for Kelly next year if he has a similar year. If he gets injured his manager will look like an first rate arse clown.

So we won draft week. Hawks did great, and they get no scrutiny and we do. So where do we go from here. Do we celebrate and enjoy, or do we find something to complain about? Do we let that chip on our shoulder hang around, or do we start to look forward to a revamped team.

Personally, I am smiling, enjoying some beverages, and excited for 2019 and beyond. I am actually really, really stoked with this trade week.

Coyler only played 8 games this year because he was out injured for the first half of the year I understand from Bomber supporters. Seems to be an automatic best 22 for Essendon over last couple of years. Not a world beater but players with real pace are clearly an asset at Optus

So the Bell tactics thing. Bell has a law degree, and I think those skills prevailed. He is clearly a good poker player, because he had even us guessing. I think Travis King was the main one saying that it was still all on. One thing is clear. We have kept the players in the loop that were in negotiations, and Hogan and Lobb and management kept extremely quiet, as apposed to the sympathy card getting played for Kelly by West Coast. That was sloppy IMO. At the end of the day, it is all a game, and everyone wants an outcome, but you need to identify your price and not budge too much. Geelong did well, as they will likely get a top 14 pick for Kelly next year if he has a similar year. If he gets injured his manager will look like an first rate arse clown.

The other thing which can't be underestimated is the new rules which will benefit tall rucks and strong mids fast wingmen and a strong marking forward line Lobb's versatility is going to make a difference with Hogan and Tabbs.. I hope Sandi can stay on the park
I hope Ross backs his catle at centre bounces and doesn't go negative

Dream coming true landing Hogan, he’ll be a star for the club for many years to come. Lobb will be very important Conca is necessary to add some midfield grunt. Colyer very handy as well. Stoked with the haul while keeping 14 for either one of Clark, Hill, Stocker, etc. Losing Neale hurts a lot but we wouldn’t have gotten Hogan without him leaving, his role can be filled in time where as a 50+ goal kicking key forward is very difficult to replace.

Need to give Coniglio a blank cheque next year, his acquisition would be extremely valuable to our midfield, exactly the player we now need. If he doesn’t work out then Swallow, any experienced and proven strong bodied midfielder really to support Fyfe while Brayshaw/Cerra develop and Mundy being on his last legs.

I am sure we are taking Hill. Hill to Hill to Hill back to Hill, Hill gives it to...Hogan or Lobb. McCarthy is open and takes an easy mark.

GWS window is closed, Fremantle's is open season!
It is hard to be a Freo fan and not have a chip on the old shoulder. But, that is what makes us great. We have always done things a little differently, and we have always upset the Victorians .

Just noticed I replied to freo84 with my post. This was meant to be an independent post, so my apologies freo84, I just started a post and clicked the wrong thing. Nothing to see here, these aren't the droids we're looking for.

I am sure we are taking Hill. Hill to Hill to Hill back to Hill, Hill gives it to...Hogan or Lobb. McCarthy is open and takes an easy mark.

GWS window is closed, Fremantle's is open season!

Just noticed I replied to freo84 with my post. This was meant to be an independent post, so my apologies freo84, I just started a post and clicked the wrong thing. Nothing to see here, these aren't the droids we're looking for.
Hahaha All good mate.

You had me a bit confused there for a minute.

For what it's worth I agree with your post.I'm stoked with our trade period and think that we are building a list to be feared.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back