Player Watch Tim Broomhead - (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

One year as excellent talented depth.

No issues.

I’m not a particular fan of delisting to make them a rookie.

You want them then give them a contract and trust your judgment.

The option to delist then rookie again should only be used for the players that you are happy to see g, but if push comes to shove can have as emergency back up like Oxley.

To me Broomhead far too talented for an Oxley risk move to delist then rookie.

One year is fine :)

I guess the question is: who gets delisted. I’m actually struggling to find the 4 we need. Blair, Goldsack, Wells, Smith? But Goldy and Wells could stay on and Smith would be stiff even though I’m not a fan.

I guess the question is: who gets delisted. I’m actually struggling to find the 4 we need. Blair, Goldsack, Wells, Smith? But Goldy and Wells could stay on and Smith would be stiff even though I’m not a fan.
I think they would pretty much cut ie meet Mr Mayhem, the three as the likeliest:

Blair
Smith
Oxley

Then the injured player who
Might be seen as too unlikely to be that fully fit player:

Kirby

That’s the first part.

Then you’d need to know who might be depth and attract a nice move away and that seems

Fasolo.

Others that might be vulnerable to trade or even meet Mr Mayhem?

This I don’t know.

Then who might retire?

Wells (sad but it happens)
Goldsack (gets a year surely)

They’ll probably be a surprise somewhere too.

Oxley will.

I actually reckon Broomy would fit really well into our forward line this season. If he could increase his defensive tenacity he would be a perfect replacement for Varcoe.
After reading that Grundy story about his eating habits I’m convinced he’s never going to make it.

Hope I’m wrong as his skill set is very very nice

+ Kirby :(

I think they would pretty much cut ie meet Mr Mayhem, the three as the likeliest:

Blair
Smith
Oxley

Then the injured player who
Might be seen as too unlikely to be that fully fit player:

Kirby

That’s the first part.

Then you’d need to know who might be depth and attract a nice move away and that seems

Fasolo.

Others that might be vulnerable to trade or even meet Mr Mayhem?

This I don’t know.

Then who might retire?

Wells (sad but it happens)
Goldsack (gets a year surely)

They’ll probably be a surprise somewhere too.

Oxley is rookie so he doesn’t really count.

You’re right about fasolo though. Seems likely to be traded. A bit of bad luck that ha been injured and questionable defensively.

Elliot is out of contract too. Wonder if the salary cap might squeeze him out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re right about fasolo though. Seems likely to be traded. A bit of bad luck that ha been injured and questionable defensively.

After everything you’d think Elliott is still a must keep.

It’s been tough for Fasolo but say it’s elliott v fasolo both up and about to be it’s a no brainer Elliott is so far the keeper.

Why not? Doesn't him being delisted open a spot for someone like Kirby, Dunn or Broomy to drop down to the rookie list and be retained? Doesn't that free up a senior list spot?

Of those who should be departing at years end, I'd have Blair, Greenwood, Smith and Oxley as the only certs. Then some significant discussion about the Sack, Broomy, Dunn and Kirby. Then there will always be someone who requests a trade.

I think we'll retain the contracted guys like Crocker, Wells, Mayne and Varcoe.

Why not? Doesn't him being delisted open a spot for someone like Kirby, Dunn or Broomy to drop down to the rookie list and be retained? Doesn't that free up a senior list spot?

Of those who should be departing at years end, I'd have Blair, Greenwood, Smith and Oxley as the only certs. Then some significant discussion about the Sack, Broomy, Dunn and Kirby. Then there will always be someone who requests a trade.

Absolutelty. The one rookie spot that is designated to a senior player can be made available to another senior player brought down from the senior list. Add Goldy to that list of possibles. Saying Oxley is "just a rookie" and his list spot is unimporatnt is incorrect. A senior spot can still easily be opened up.

Fasolo may leave, Oxley May be delisted...Crocker? Kirby?

Sorry, I mean that we still have to get rid of (I think) 4 from the senior list - Oxley doesn't count for that.

Sorry, I mean that we still have to get rid of (I think) 4 from the senior list - Oxley doesn't count for that.

Only 3 compulsory changes to the senior list as far as I know.

Set to be delisted and rookie listed.
I really hope he recovers from his broken leg and gets an extended injury free run to show his wares.

2019 is make or break for him at Collingwood. He has a nice skill set, but needs to put it all together in a side that now has great depth, so spots are tough to earn.

Hopefully he can have a big preseason and a great 2019.

Set to be delisted and rookie listed.
I really hope he recovers from his broken leg and gets an extended injury free run to show his wares.

2019 is make or break for him at Collingwood. He has a nice skill set, but needs to put it all together in a side that now has great depth, so spots are tough to earn.

Hopefully he can have a big preseason and a great 2019.

Happy to see him offered another year on the rookie list. Sends the right messages to the playing group. He's had a shocking run, glandular fever (2013), broken arm (2014), shoulder (2015-16), ankle (2016) and then the broken leg this year. 2017 was the only year he's had an unbroken run at it and was in and out of the side. Seen enough in him at VFL level to see what he might bring to the senior side if he can replicate that form but the onus is on him to take any chance he gets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back