Live Event 2018 Trade Period

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
dunno how much you have seen of colyer, i agree with bell from what I've seen
matera,sherro ,sutty ,giro, crowden,5 off the top of my head are way behind colyer imo
Plenty of him. He is fast but struggles to get involved consistently and butchers big time by foot. Has whipping boy written all over him.

Imo matera and sherro are better, sutty you can make an argument for and the other two are kids who may surpass him at some point.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Not sure if it has been posted up here, but Knightmare's rating for ESPN of our trade period. He caned us for the draft period last year (D), but here I think is pretty spot on;

http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/25000696/afl-trade-period-************-club-club-gradings

r196362_800x800_1-1.png

Fremantle

In: Travis Colyer, Reece Conca, Rory Lobb, Jesse Hogan, pick 14, pick 31, pick 43, pick 65
Out: Lachie Neale, pick 6, 2019 third-round pick, 2019 fourth-round pick

2018 Draft Picks: 14, 31, 43, 65, 81

Grade: A+

Rationale: Added potentially four players to their best 22 while losing just one and arguably improving their draft position. Fremantle's smart trading of picks improved the club's capacity to complete deals while simultaneously improving their draft position. The return received for Lachie Neale was strong and enabled Fremantle to further improve their draft position while contributing towards the Jesse Hogan trade. Hogan is the key forward Fremantle have long been seeking as one of the best in the game at his position and was received for less than would be expected of a key forward of his stature and age. Rory Lobb is an ideal list fit at a suitable price who as a key forward is a contested marking beast and ideally suited to relieving Aaron Sandilands or in the future Sean Darcy through the ruck. Reece Conca as a free agent, injuries permitting can earn a position inside Fremantle's best side. Travis Colyer is a solid pickup for a late pick and will inject speed.

Mar 18, 2012
Vic
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not sure if it has been posted up here, but Knightmare's rating for ESPN of our trade period. He caned us for the draft period last year (D), but here I think is pretty spot on;

http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/25000696/afl-trade-period-************-club-club-gradings

r196362_800x800_1-1.png

Fremantle

In: Travis Colyer, Reece Conca, Rory Lobb, Jesse Hogan, pick 14, pick 31, pick 43, pick 65
Out: Lachie Neale, pick 6, 2019 third-round pick, 2019 fourth-round pick

2018 Draft Picks: 14, 31, 43, 65, 81

Grade: A+

Rationale: Added potentially four players to their best 22 while losing just one and arguably improving their draft position. Fremantle's smart trading of picks improved the club's capacity to complete deals while simultaneously improving their draft position. The return received for Lachie Neale was strong and enabled Fremantle to further improve their draft position while contributing towards the Jesse Hogan trade. Hogan is the key forward Fremantle have long been seeking as one of the best in the game at his position and was received for less than would be expected of a key forward of his stature and age. Rory Lobb is an ideal list fit at a suitable price who as a key forward is a contested marking beast and ideally suited to relieving Aaron Sandilands or in the future Sean Darcy through the ruck. Reece Conca as a free agent, injuries permitting can earn a position inside Fremantle's best side. Travis Colyer is a solid pickup for a late pick and will inject speed.

Nice, but what was wrong with our trade period last year? Nathan Wilson and pick 2 for Weller were both big wins. We've had 3 consecutive strong trade periods now, on the back of B. Hill and Hamling for cheap in 2016.

May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Nice, but what was wrong with our trade period last year? Nathan Wilson and pick 2 for Weller were both big wins. We've had 3 consecutive strong trade periods now, on the back of B. Hill and Hamling for cheap in 2016.
it was our draft period he didnt like i think, probably didn't rate guys like north, crowden or taking 2 ruckman

332docker

Club Legend
Apr 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Western Force
it was our draft period he didnt like i think, probably didn't rate guys like north, crowden or taking 2 ruckman
I reckon the last 2 years off-season recruitment have been really positive

Last years trade period was marked as an A by Terry Wallice (getting pick 2 for Weller was a big part of it)

The young guys we brought in all look to have a lot of upside - I think there will be less opportunites in 2019 to break into the best 22 and the gifting games to young players will stop. I reckon Peel will be a lot stronger next year as they will have some solid players in the team - If we can have a good run with injuries

The default position has always been Freo need a key forward, freo didn't get a key forward so no matter what else they failed.

It's going to be a disaster for part time commentators now.

freoextra

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
I reckon the last 2 years off-season recruitment have been really positive

Last years trade period was marked as an A by Terry Wallice (getting pick 2 for Weller was a big part of it)

The young guys we brought in all look to have a lot of upside - I think there will be less opportunites in 2019 to break into the best 22 and the gifting games to young players will stop. I reckon Peel will be a lot stronger next year as they will have some solid players in the team - If we can have a good run with injuries

I think it would be appropriate for Peel to have a name change to the - GIANTS

Admiral Byng

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
The default position has always been Freo need a key forward, freo didn't get a key forward so no matter what else they failed.

It's going to be a disaster for part time commentators now.

It has already changed to Freo have a s**t midfield and need some depth to cover Fyfe's inevitable injuries.

Apr 14, 2018
Just up the street
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC
Bucky’s take on Freo’s trade period, for a knobhead, he’s painted us nicely.

FREMANTLE
IN: Jesse Hogan, Rory Lobb, Travis Colyer, Reece Conca, picks 14, 31, 43, 65

OUT: Lachie Neale, picks 6, 2019 fourth-round pick

Draft picks: 14, 31, 43, 65, 81

GARY BUCKENARA SAYS: The big winner of this trade period, there’s no doubt about it. Fremantle has transformed its forward line with the huge additions of Jesse Hogan and Rory Lobb. Lachie Neale has gone to Brisbane but I think the Dockers can cover that loss because I rate their midfield. Fyfe, the Hill brothers and Sandilands are stars, then there’s Andrew Brayshaw and Adam Cerra who will be very good players for the future. Don’t underestimate the acquisition of Lobb — I’m a big fan of his. I think he’s probably the best forward/ruckman in the competition. A huge get. It also means Cam McCarthy will now get the third or fourth-best defender, which should allow him to improve his footy dramatically. Having genuine tall marking options will also help get the ball to ground where Michael Walters, Brandon Matera and Hayden Ballantyne can go to work. Fremantle also still has a decent hand at the draft by getting pick 14 back from GWS in the Lobb trade, which should get them a good player, and pick No.31 as well. Reece Conca adds some experience to the back half, while he can also go into the midfield, and Travis Colyer adds more speed.

GRADE: A+

Admiral Byng

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
This time last year we all said WC had a s**t midfield and look how that finished up.

Yeah. A B-grade midfield can get you places if they know how to kick it inside 50 to a strong forward line. This is the key part of the puzzle that I am still not sure about: set-up and tactics in attack.

I have that sinking feeling that we'll just keep bombing it in long. Even with the best forward line in the world that is still the least efficient strategy IMHO.

Back