Live Event 2018 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

from memory it was our picks 2 and 5 that he thought were not the best, especially Brayshaw. Thought we should have gone with LDU (from memory).
LDU may still well surpass Andy and Cez but thank f*** we didn't have to listen to the media bash us for taking LDU at 2 this year (assuming he would have been as poor for us).

Rating a draft immediately after the draft is possible the stupidest thing you can rate.

Its basically - did you take the player I like the most - no, s**t draft, yes, good draft

There's a lot of "I can't believe we overlooked Tom Swift" posts in this board's deepest darkest recesses that serve as ample supporting evidence for this.

"Bigfooty Special" is a thing for a reason.

There's a lot of "I can't believe we overlooked Tom Swift" posts in this board's deepest darkest recesses that serve as ample supporting evidence for this.

"Bigfooty Special" is a thing for a reason.
This is a thing, but I reserve the right to lose my **** if we select some unknown Vic flanker at 14 if iHill is still available.

I was really hoping not to pick LDU. His highlights were very ordinary, and also had the worst footage I've ever seen for a top pick (horrible game against WA). I couldn't understand the fuss. Draft profiles said he was a good kick, when the footage clearly showed otherwise.

This is a thing, but I reserve the right to lose my **** if we select some unknown Vic flanker at 14 if iHill is still available.

Is 14 set in concrete...have we locked in all our picks? hope not if we have opportunities. Posing the question Joao:think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is 14 set in concrete...have we locked in all our picks? hope not if we have opportunities. Posing the question Joao:think:
You think we might try and move up? I am happy for us to try as long as we don't use our 2019 1st or 2nd (unless we get value). I reckon there is not much in the 9-18 crowd to bother but our recruiters might disagree.

I expect us to do some trading with this year's picks simply because I don't believe we will use 4 ND picks this year. Even if we just move 1 or 2 selections to next year.

Hawthorn premiership player Campbell Brown says Fremantle were the biggest winners of this year’s AFL trade period.

While they saw Lachie Neale depart, Brown believes the inclusions of Jesse Hogan, Rory Lobb, Reece Conca and Travis Colyer outweigh the midfielder’s departure.

I thought the Fremantle Dockers were the biggest winners out of the trade period,” Brown told SEN Breakfast.

“I’m not sure they would have gone into it fully thinking they would be the big winner out of it.

“I think getting Jesse Hogan was an unbelievable get. Whether that’s been in the pipeline for a while or not, the conversation only started at about Round 17 or 18 this year that it was a possibility.

“He is exactly who they need. We are talking about a young guy from Perth that kicks 50-plus goals, he is a key position forward. Cam McCarthy and those guys are makeshift forwards.

“They’ve got Rory Lobb, who is a great ruckman, but he can play forward as well. A really good modern ruckman who can play around the ground, more of a mid than tap ruckman.

“Reece Conca is an outstanding footballer who they got basically for nothing and Travis Colyer, a bit of outside leg speed and run.

“While you would have liked to keep Lachie Neale, you can manage without him.”

Hawthorn premiership player Campbell Brown says Fremantle were the biggest winners of this year’s AFL trade period.

While they saw Lachie Neale depart, Brown believes the inclusions of Jesse Hogan, Rory Lobb, Reece Conca and Travis Colyer outweigh the midfielder’s departure.

I thought the Fremantle Dockers were the biggest winners out of the trade period,” Brown told SEN Breakfast.

“I’m not sure they would have gone into it fully thinking they would be the big winner out of it.

“I think getting Jesse Hogan was an unbelievable get. Whether that’s been in the pipeline for a while or not, the conversation only started at about Round 17 or 18 this year that it was a possibility.

“He is exactly who they need. We are talking about a young guy from Perth that kicks 50-plus goals, he is a key position forward. Cam McCarthy and those guys are makeshift forwards.

“They’ve got Rory Lobb, who is a great ruckman, but he can play forward as well. A really good modern ruckman who can play around the ground, more of a mid than tap ruckman.

“Reece Conca is an outstanding footballer who they got basically for nothing and Travis Colyer, a bit of outside leg speed and run.

“While you would have liked to keep Lachie Neale, you can manage without him.”

He doesn't usually beat around the bush - and is usually close to the mark - I agree with all he said

Does anyone wonder if Ross is crapping his pants wondering how he is going to coach all these new forwards ?

How do I make them defensive he says

Short memories... 4th highest points for in 2009 (would be the 2nd highest this year).

2197 points for. 1411 points against. 155.71% 20 wins. His team was both attacking and defending at the time.

Yeah, your come back is he didn't win the granny, my comeback is his players didn't do it on the day yada yada, not worth any of us getting into it. At Freo, we didn't exactly give Pav good backup with a 2nd/3rd tall and had a WAFL grade forward on the park since Pav. Can only use the tools at hand. So, let's see what he can do with a proper set of tools for the job instead of using a butter knife as a screwdriver and make judgement after some games have been played with our new shiny toys.

I think a 207cm full forward is the big structural impact move. The opposition have to play their first or second choice key defender on him and even then he will have significant reach over his opponent.

The old Mason Cox rule.

I think a 207cm full forward is the big structural impact move. The opposition have to play their first or second choice key defender on him and even then he will have significant reach over his opponent.
True, but we only have Sandilands for another year or so and then (maybe not) Lobb will be our only Uber-Tall.

With the need kick in rule, I am looking forward to Wilson kicking it 70m to Lobb/Hogan/Tabs leading to half-forward.

Good pick up with no need to kick to self and 20m from goal square space I think wilson able to kick it straight to centre square and beyond - mmmm salivating with the Cox, Lobb and Hogan Golden Trident.

Below is us in 2019 with our Golden Triangle.

Presentation1.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back