List Mgmt. Welcome: Tyson Stengle, new Crow!

Remove this Banner Ad

His second efforts have nothing to fi with what you wrote in the first place. The fact that he just plonks himself in the forward 50 and stays there
Well that’s how conversations work. I said something, you questioned it and I clarified what I meant. Understand now or ignored list?

Wrong. They all play different roles.

Lynch is the highest for goal assists, and plays more like a forward flanker/wing.

Tex is slow and struggles to get to the contest unless the ball lands on his head. But he provides structure, and can kick a bomb and only needs a few opportunities a match to have an impact.

Jenkins is athletic, runs all day, up and down the ground, doesn't plonk himself in the square and not move like Tex and can handle most teams 2nd best or 3rd best defender, but remove Tex and hes playing against their best defender. That's not something we want to see .
Unless it’s on Rance?

This is one thing that this board is absolutely NOTORIOUS for. They are all too quick to turn on players without actually looking at the reasons why. When Tex and Sauce come back to form next year watch them all suck up their ass like their are their best mates.

Tex played without a pre-season. He could not train during the week between games so that he could get out there on match day. Should he have played? Personally, i think he shouldn't have but it was the match committees call that he plays. I think it is more than a fair argument in whether the match committee made the right call or not. Personally, I think he shouldn't have played but...

Does that mean he is finished, worst captain in the competition, selfish all the crap that he has copped this year? No it doesn't but majority believe that it does.

People have written Jacobs off just like they have done EVERY time he has had a bad season in the past. Look at his history, he has a bad year about every 3rd season and then bounces back to being one fo the best ruckman in the AFL the following year. I am confident that he will have a pretty good year in 2019. It's a pattern with him. Would I love to have Grundy or Nic Nat or Gawn in my team? YES, but I would also be very comfortable in saying that a lot of the other AFL teams would love to have Sam Jacobs as their main ruckman and that includes a lot of finalists.

We have had one of those years where we have been savaged by injury. Some of it is bad luck and a good chunk of it is extremely bad management. The big question should be not whether those players are done, but whether our high performance and fitness department can sort their s**t out and put in a program that gets us fit and firing again with a low or manageable injury count.

People lose their s**t over losing McGovern and how he is a humongous loss. Do they realised that he missed 5 months of football across last two seasons not to mention all of his first year on our list? Our fortunes were NEVER dependent on McGovern. Don't get me wrong, I would rather have him than not have him but his loss is manageable.

We have a VERY VERY good list. If we can get the fitness and injury management part correct, along with rebuilding some of the fractured relationships, then we should be a top 4 side yet again next year and there at the pointy end of the season. We rely on our gun players just as much as other teams do. If we don't manage them properly the result is the season of 2018. Manage them right and you have 2017 on your hands.
Absolutely agree. We still have a good core group of 22, capable of matching it with anyone. Get the players injuries right, then we can start thinking of sacking people if results are still negative in 2019. I’m quietly confident Tex, Betts, Lynch and JJ would improve (from 2018) if they remain healthy on-field. Hoping to see more of BCrouch, with more midfield grunt, our forwards would likely to click better also.

Hey Bicks is Stengle like Betts fast?

I mean Eddie is OK over the first ten but he was no Charlie Cameron when it came to jets, is Stengle sort of that pace because the clips I have seen of him, he has the ability to be an old fashioned forward pocket.
He's certainly more Eddie than Charlie, actually had a few runs through the midfield in the U18's as well but obviously that's not why we recruited him, his best work is close in and around goals while Charlie generally played higher up the field.. Endurance was always the ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's certainly more Eddie than Charlie, actually had a few runs through the midfield in the U18's as well but obviously that's not why we recruited him, his best work is close in and around goals while Charlie generally played higher up the field.. Endurance was always the ?

If all goes well and the two develop nicely, we could have our next Charlie and Eddie duo on our hands with McAdam and Stengle.

This is one thing that this board is absolutely NOTORIOUS for. They are all too quick to turn on players without actually looking at the reasons why. When Tex and Sauce come back to form next year watch them all suck up their ass like their are their best mates.

Tex played without a pre-season. He could not train during the week between games so that he could get out there on match day. Should he have played? Personally, i think he shouldn't have but it was the match committees call that he plays. I think it is more than a fair argument in whether the match committee made the right call or not. Personally, I think he shouldn't have played but...

Does that mean he is finished, worst captain in the competition, selfish all the crap that he has copped this year? No it doesn't but majority believe that it does.

People have written Jacobs off just like they have done EVERY time he has had a bad season in the past. Look at his history, he has a bad year about every 3rd season and then bounces back to being one fo the best ruckman in the AFL the following year. I am confident that he will have a pretty good year in 2019. It's a pattern with him. Would I love to have Grundy or Nic Nat or Gawn in my team? YES, but I would also be very comfortable in saying that a lot of the other AFL teams would love to have Sam Jacobs as their main ruckman and that includes a lot of finalists.

We have had one of those years where we have been savaged by injury. Some of it is bad luck and a good chunk of it is extremely bad management. The big question should be not whether those players are done, but whether our high performance and fitness department can sort their s**t out and put in a program that gets us fit and firing again with a low or manageable injury count.

People lose their s**t over losing McGovern and how he is a humongous loss. Do they realised that he missed 5 months of football across last two seasons not to mention all of his first year on our list? Our fortunes were NEVER dependent on McGovern. Don't get me wrong, I would rather have him than not have him but his loss is manageable.

We have a VERY VERY good list. If we can get the fitness and injury management part correct, along with rebuilding some of the fractured relationships, then we should be a top 4 side yet again next year and there at the pointy end of the season. We rely on our gun players just as much as other teams do. If we don't manage them properly the result is the season of 2018. Manage them right and you have 2017 on your hands.

You are spot on the money Stiffy. It pisses me off with the attitude of some of the posters on here. They know nothing except how to complain because "they want a flag, they're entitled to a flag because it's been 20 years since our last one."
Our list is still very good and Gov was the most over-rated player on our list by far. He NEVER consistently got onto the park the last 2 years. He takes one great mark and suddenly he is a champion. CRAP! Bloos have seriously overpaid for him.
Tex was on one leg for most of the last 2 years and Sauce was injured early with both of his cover rucks out themselves. Get a brain people and read the injury list.
Still we have trolls crapping on about the club being useless and incapable of getting anything right. To those flogs I say "Grow a brain."

Last edited:
There is some chance Walker will have a better run with his body in 2019 than 2018 and he will improve.

There is little chance Jacobs will improve his output in 2019.

Betts, Sloane, Gibbs, Douglas, Jenkins, Mackay, Talia, Otten, Cheney, Lynch - will they have career best seasons? Questionable.

Almost half of the Grand Final side of 2017 on their last petrol tickets or do they have more to offer?

Some of these veterans have been perennial fringe players too.

Can’t help but think next year will be boom or bust and we may have wished we were a bit more aggressive during the trade period to improve our draft position. Time will tell.

There is some chance Walker will have a better run with his body in 2019 than 2018 and he will improve.

Betts, Sloane, Gibbs, Douglas, Jenkins, Mackay, Talia, Otten, Cheney, Lynch - will they have career best seasons? Questionable.

Almost half of the Grand Final side of 2017 on their last petrol tickets or do they have more to offer?

Can’t help but think next year will be boom or bust and we may have wished we were a bit more aggressive during the trade period to improve our draft position. Time will tell.
That's the glass half empty approach. Sloane, Lynch, Gibbs and Talia have plenty of good footy left in them. Sloanes output will be better next year, as will Betts.

Also, if he stays fit enough Sauce can have a decent year.

What I understand the least though is being aggressive with our draft position?? We have 3 first rounders and the earliest of 2nds..... this gets us 4 players who in theory should all be pretty high quality. A lot has been spoken about the big 3 SA lads, almost to the point that people fail to remember anyone else.

That's the glass half empty approach. Sloane, Lynch, Gibbs and Talia have plenty of good footy left in them. Sloanes output will be better next year, as will Betts.

Also, if he stays fit enough Sauce can have a decent year.

What I understand the least though is being aggressive with our draft position?? We have 3 first rounders and the earliest of 2nds..... this gets us 4 players who in theory should all be pretty high quality. A lot has been spoken about the big 3 SA lads, almost to the point that people fail to remember anyone else.

Jacobs has had bad years and responded well before, and he was hampered by a back injury throughout 2018. It’s not unreasonable to suggest that he may respond in 2019. Plenty of ruckman play good footy well into their 30’s.

Personally I don’t like going into 2019 without a contingency other than a 2 gamer coming off shoulder surgery himself.

I agree still got 2-3 really good years out of Sloane, Lynch, Gibbs and Talia, Walker too, just need to get them all fit and injury free. A lot of improvement in our side from 18 to 19, it’s just the big IF of getting everyone fit and coming off a decent preseason.

Good thing the trade period to swap picks isn't over then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back