The Running Man - Greatest Movie Ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

should do a remake based more closely on the book, book is one of Kings most underrated
Yeah. Does change the tone with a movie re-write and the actor chosen as the main protagonist.
Stallone was the actor originally slated for Beverly hills cop.
"ummmmm blerggh umm bannana up the tailpipe ummm blerghh"

Yeah. Does change the tone with a movie re-write and the actor chosen as the main protagonist.
Stallone was the actor originally slated for Beverly hills cop.
"ummmmm blerggh umm bannana up the tailpipe ummm blerghh"

Beverly Hills Cop was largely rewritten with Eddie Murphy improvising a shitload of it.

If you want to watch Stallone's version he made it as Cobra.

Yeah Stallone wanted something dark and gritty. Not exactly sure what he was expecting going in to a project called Beverly Hills Cop. Doesn't exactly sound super serious to begin with.

Sent from mTalk

Last edited:
Beverly Hills Cop was largely rewritten with Eddie Murphy improvising a shitload of it.

If you want to watch Stallone's version he made it as Cobra.
Cobra had one deplorable but unforgettable one-liner from memory.
Cobra to Stallone's gold digging wife at the time Brigitte who was applying some ketchup condiment to her chips rather excessively.
"you want a life-preserver for those fries"

Cobra had one deplorable but unforgettable one-liner from memory.
Cobra to Stallone's gold digging wife at the time Brigitte who was applying some ketchup condiment to her chips rather excessively.
"you want a life-preserver for those fries"

The best line is when she asks if he's ever made love.

His reply, while looking bemused.

'with a woman?'

Sent from mTalk

All these years later I'm still trying to figure why Stallone was cutting old takeaway pizza with scissors. Not to mention keeping old pizza to eat later anyway as he seemed to have a nice apartment with a view, implying he was doing pretty well for himself.

All these years later I'm still trying to figure why Stallone was cutting old takeaway pizza with scissors. Not to mention keeping old pizza to eat later anyway as he seemed to have a nice apartment with a view, implying he was doing pretty well for himself.

And a souped up hot rod.

Maybe the same reason Sonny Crockett lived on a yacht, wore Armani, drove a Ferrari, and was poor.

Sent from mTalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is also weird is that he cut off a quarter of a slice. About 2 bites.

Just an odd movie. Song montagues for no reason. Psychos shooting up grocery stores for no reason. The bad guys at their hideout tapping their axes together over and over again in some sort of weird cult group exercise? I also dont get why they were so obsessed with trying to kill Brigette Nielsen. Did she witness something? Why her?

What is also weird is that he cut off a quarter of a slice. About 2 bites.

Just an odd movie. Song montagues for no reason. Psychos shooting up grocery stores for no reason. The bad guys at their hideout tapping their axes together over and over again in some sort of weird cult group exercise? I also dont get why they were so obsessed with trying to kill Brigette Nielsen. Did she witness something? Why her?

She witnessed them killing that random woman.

"Have you been drinking"

"Yes" (with psycho look thrown in)

loved how there's a guy in a suit banging axes together.

Five pages on this turd is strange.

God knows what happened in the 80s, when what was good and what was popular really began to so wildly diverge.

I like the movie. It's cool, and Arnie's one-liners are A-grade cheese. Had nothing in common with Stephen King's mini-novel though. In the book
Ben Richards crashes an empty passenger jet he's commandeered into the television network building and the 'game stage' is the entire nation, where law enforcement and hunter-killer teams are all out to kill Richards.

On Movie Greats on Foxtel.

Nothing like the book (which was great) but the 80's campiness, one liners never get old. Vintage Arnie too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back