crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
What’s everyone’s thoughts of 1st test side. I’ve forgotten the teams from last summer already but if go something like
Khawaja
S Marsh
Head
Handscombe
Maxwell
Marsh vc
Paine c
Cummins
Starc
Hazlewood
Lyon

Shaun Marsh
Geoff Marsh
Dan Marsh
Randy Marsh
Mitchell Marsh
Rodney Marsh
Malcolm Marshall
Marshall Mathers
Stan Marsh
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Shelly Marsh

Marcia Hines
Marcia Brady
The Dead Marshes from The Lord Of The Rings
Marshall Batteries
Marshall Wyatt Earp
Martial Arts
The marshwiggle from CS Lewis book, The Silver Chair

Lots of options for the selectors

1. Renshaw
2. Finch
3. Khawaja
4. S Marsh
5. ???
6. M Marsh
7. Paine
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Renshaw
2. Finch
3. Khawaja
4. Pucovski
5. M Marsh/Maxwell
6. M Marsh/Maxwell/Labuschagne
7. Paine
8. Cummins
9. Stark
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood

Barring injury 7-11 pick themselves and as far as I'm concerned the top 3 should be a lock.

I want Pucovski at 4 because he has oodles of talent and he's shown he can compile a massive innings. Sure he doesn't deserve it yet but if Maddinson, Cartwright, Labuschagne and the Marsh brothers can play for Australia then why not take a chance on this guy and hope for the best. It's not like anyone else is putting their hand up to be picked.

5 and 6 are dependent firstly on batting form and then the type of wicket/bowling option as a secondary consideration.

1. Renshaw
2. Finch
3. Khawaja
4. Pucovski
5. M Marsh/Maxwell
6. M Marsh/Maxwell/Labuschagne
7. Paine
8. Cummins
9. Stark
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood

Barring injury 7-11 pick themselves and as far as I'm concerned the top 3 should be a lock.

I want Pucovski at 4 because he has oodles of talent and he's shown he can compile a massive innings. Sure he doesn't deserve it yet but if Maddinson, Cartwright, Labuschagne and the Marsh brothers can play for Australia then why not take a chance on this guy and hope for the best. It's not like anyone else is putting their hand up to be picked.

5 and 6 are dependent firstly on batting form and then the type of wicket/bowling option as a secondary consideration.

Exactly why you wouldn't play Pucovski. Those players have all been dropped for their poor performances at the highest level because they weren't ready or good enough. Let Pucovski have a year or 2 in shield cricket and make him earn a spot. He may turn out to be crap in 2 years time or it may be the making of him. Promote him now and he will fail.

As it stands Paine, Lyon, and Khawaja are the only absolute locks and even with Ussie it might be fitness pending. Finch deserves another look and a good innings here would give Head a hometown Test but there's six spots up for grabs at the moment imo.
Finch is a lock. 62/49/39/24* with those nasty little three 10 over sessions before stumps. He's beyond proved his worth.

Sent from my SM-A300Y using Tapatalk

1 Finch
2 Kawahja
3 Renshaw
4 Head
5 Lehman
6 Maxwell
7 Paine
8 Starc
9 Cummins
10 Hazlewood
11 Lyon
12 Tremain

1 Finch
2 Kawahja
3 Renshaw
4 Head
5 Lehman
6 Maxwell
7 Paine
8 Starc
9 Cummins
10 Hazlewood
11 Lyon
12 Tremain

So our 3 best batsmen are now unavailable for the summer, we could be in for our first ever series defeat to India on home soil. Hopefully the Marsh brothers don't get picked so at least we have some sort of chance in the series.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back