Sam Mayes

Remove this Banner Ad

Sliding Doors..... Wingard off the 'G' which seems to be what he thinks he deserves, Mayes happy to be at Adelaide Oval.

As long as we play like a bloody team I think we will go OK next year, I'm optimistic and look forward to 2019.
Up to now Wingard has only played 12 times at the G.

Jeez, we are screwed by the fixture.

Its commonly known that Mayes chucks a vommy before every game due to nerves. Not trying to overanalyse, sounds like he has a few anxiety issues as is. Hopefully comes to terms with them all especially moving to a new environment, its not easy.
I was similar, personally it got rid of the nerves as I felt like I grew a foot when I crossed the white line to fever stage!

I was similar, personally it got rid of the nerves as I felt like I grew a foot when I crossed the white line to fever stage!

Without getting too care bearish, bit of a relief that there's people who do it and its normal!

Can't judge a player on a highlights package. The club have been getting everything else wrong this season, I'm not surprised they've only bothered to produce a 1 minute long 'highlights package' consisting solely of moments from 3 games from the worst season of Mayes' career.
As I said...... Not knocking the player, knocking the highlights package.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

from what ive seen pretty vanilla but that doesnt measn he cant do his role, ill give him the benefit of the doubt till i see him play, he's bad at nothing, great at nothing and average at everything

Its commonly known that Mayes chucks a vommy before every game due to nerves. Not trying to overanalyse, sounds like he has a few anxiety issues as is. Hopefully comes to terms with them all especially moving to a new environment, its not easy.
It will get messy when he's at AO in front of a big crowd with NTA booming.

I have a similar problem.

Rather than get physically ill I get extreme nervous excitement, kinda of like the natural high extreme sportspeople get. Like super adrenaline rush. Problem is it burns absolutely all my energy before I run out. Would feel extremely sluggish then during games for years even though I always had a very good tank. The only sports attribute I had. Emphasis on past tense lol.

Eventually figured out I had to scull red bulls just before I ran on and during to pep me back up.

Bizarre thing is i played in a band in my younger days and going out in front of a crowd didn’t bother me. Going onto the park or court somehow made me high and jittery as a mofo.

Glen Archer say hi.

Anyways...
Good luck Sammy. Hope it works out for well for both Sammy and the club.
Got a feeling he'll do OK.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back