Universal Love Player Numbers – 2024 update (sponsored by Tulip)

Remove this Banner Ad

Viney #12?
12 was his old man. Tyson recently vacated the number 12.
Edit: I just realised you're suggesting Jack goes to 12. I think Jack wants to build his own legacy and is happy with the 7.
Couldn't agree more, players shouldn't have to live in the shadows of past players at least when it comes to numbers. Although father sons unfortunately will always have to. Viney is number #7 our captain and i wouldn't have it any other way

That said if Viney had wanted the #12 i feel he would have taken it at the end of 2013 when it was vacated by Colin Sylvia

Viney would be mad to change single digit numbers are the best.
Low doubles are pretty good. Honestly at local footy was happy not to get ******* #55

Would like to see Tim Smith move to a better number - sneaky suspicion he will be playing a fair bit more footy in the 1s

Don't give May #1. Just give it to some kid unless someone established like OMac wants a change like Harmes last year, just like we did with Spargo and Fritsch. Legacy numbers are a load of s**t, half the fun is that they're random numbers that some guy makes great. Gawn is very much the exception to this rule IMO. Watts, Scully and Grimes were never able to adjust to the weight of the legacy we dropped on them.

Not that it matters who wears what, but I'm feeling

16 - Kolodjashnij
23 - May
32 - Preuss

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back