Delisted #16: Josh Begley - Not offered a contract for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see they have extended some faith and assurance to him.

Doesnt have to worry or feel any pressure about rushing back now. Get yourself right and we will see you in the early-to-mid part of 2019 provided all goes well.

We're currently trotting out a forward line that includes McKernan, Mitch Brown, Baguely and Green/Colyer, and making it work. This boy would be a huge upgrade on the Green/Colyer position.

I have so much faith in this guy. Really hope he comes back looking like he hasn't missed a step.

We're currently trotting out a forward line that includes McKernan, Mitch Brown, Baguely and Green/Colyer, and making it work. This boy would be a huge upgrade on the Green/Colyer position.

I have so much faith in this guy. Really hope he comes back looking like he hasn't missed a step.
Or, y'know, the Baguley one. Colyer was rusty on the weekend and still significantly outperformed him.

Or, y'know, the Baguley one. Colyer was rusty on the weekend and still significantly outperformed him.

Colyer's running patterns and power alone make our forward line function better, he continually provides an option and creates space for the others whilst also being dangerous in his own right. He doesn't tire as much as most of the team and when no one else is running Trav is still going. Love his hair and his beard too, makin' it work, he is

Saw him in the gym lifting weights at the Hangar on Saturday. Moving well although I did not see him running. Looks in great nick.
how’s the gym looking? i heard it’s filthy. in fact, i heard the whole facility is an absolute mess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Running again!

In encouraging news for fans, young gun Josh Begley made an important breakthrough in his recovery from an ACL injury this week, running for the first time since suffering the disappointing setback on ANZAC Day.

Crow said Begley is “tracking really well” in his rehabilitation as he strives to prepare to hit the ground running 2019.

“Josh is 16 weeks post-injury now with surgical clearance and some good strength around his knee.

“Josh had his first run today so he did that in front of the playing group and everyone was really pleased to see him take that big step forward.”
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2018-08-21/skins-injury-update-rd-23

Hugely underrated loss for us. I think he could have easily taken his game to the next level throughout this year had he remained fit. With all the injuries to our forward line he would have been very handy. Plus I just want to have a guy that can kick straight from a set shot. Is that too much to ask?

Won’t have high expectations of him first year back from an acl. 2020 however...

I'd hope hes putting pressure on for a best 22 spot and playing well towards the end of next year. Depth towards the end of season is crucial these days. But I do agree on 2020.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back